1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leaver or remainer?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Still attend or cancelled season ticket!

1. Cancelled with the name change bollocks

2. Cancelled when membership was introduced

3. Cancelled because Steve Bruce left

4. Cancelled because concessions were reintroduced

5. Cancelled because Adkins has left

6. Will continue to hand over my hard earned to the Allams come rain or shine

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Been awhile since we had one of these. Be interesting to see where the members of this board are at now.

Anonymous poll so vote truthfully.

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I cancelled in 2014 for personal reasons but stopped going after concessions were stopped. Can I still vote?

3. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

Nice set of allam-esqe loaded questions there.

Evington and TwoWrights like this.
  4. Dave Andersen

Dave Andersen Active Member

Was going to start going again taking my lads, not now, l will wait until they've gone.

5. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I still hand my money over and will continue to do so. I have no intention of letting the Allams drive me away.

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

6. EasyTiger

EasyTiger Active Member

7. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

After a struggle with my conscience, I haven't been since the Play Off Final.

Multitude of reasons at the time and had been gradually building up since the Barmby fiasco.

Never happen obviously, but if we gave them home crowds of under 1,000 it may well hasten their exit through the national shame.

8. StCloudTiger

StCloudTiger Well-Known Member

Will continue to attend and support the club and the players that pull on the City shirt through thick and thin (As I have since first going back in 1968).

We have just had what I consider to be a great season, far above all expectations. The football on the field has also been very enjoyable to watch.

The new 2019/20 season is surely going to give us what we all expected last season, a real dog fight, but I am up for it and will enjoy it (I think). Every point will be well earned and well celebrated. What will be interesting will be the new appointment, as presumably whoever takes the job will have to accept the same limitations that Nigel turned down, so whilst we will certainly not be looking at anyone like Pulis, we will be looking at someone who needs to get back into football, or possibly an appointment from a young assistant who wants to get into a managers position at this level.

The owners will leave when they are ready and not before and the club will continue. Who knows what the future holds in that regard, but the odds are that whoever takes over they are still likely to be villains. I respect the right of anyone who decides to not turn up and support the team, (for whatever reason) each to their own.

9. Amin Yapusi

Likewise. I just picked out key points where a lot of people began their boycott.

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  10. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Respect your position SCT but I just got to the stage where I couldn't morally reconcile myself with going.

11. Leon T Trout AFC

In my opinion, it was the most realistic collective action that might have had (might still have) any impact upon them.

Unfortunately, with those still attending (not having a pop at those who are), they manage to be able to tell the outside world that we’re still reasonably attended.

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It was never realistic tho was it Leon.
    40% voted a didn’t they??
    Some people have absolutely no interest in politics of any description
    They just want to go watch their team.
    They don’t go on nessage boards and don’t need the hassle

13. Amin Yapusi

40% of 40% of a fraction of our overall support.

And the fact that 40% voted A, to me, speaks of a large number of the types still going.

Not all, before anyone jumps down my throat. Everyone has their reasons and judgements for what they do.

14. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Plenty of people booed the fans that where singing Allams out !
    Is this part of the 40% ?

15. tigerpete

tigerpete Well-Known Member

I can't remember when i stopped going..... its nothing to do with costs for me, i could live with the attempted name change just all things together in the end... even when we were really really crap in the days of the great escape when we had far less going for us than now (and far less of us attending) i wanted to go... hopefully things will change and i will be back......

Amin Yapusi and oldman like this.
  16. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

My last game at the KC was the Derby playoff semi final.

It was a moral decision to not give that pair of ****s another penny.

I'll be back when they're gone.

17. Leon T Trout AFC

Agree – people don’t and won’t.

However, those who are still going and that want regime change must reconcile that by still going they are, in some part, enabling the regime to continue.

I honestly do not mean this as a pop at those going as I understand where people are coming from. I know families who are still going and in truth, I’d personally find it heartbreaking for them to stop in a way, because I know that’s the only time they get to spend together.

A mass boycott is unrealistic but is still the most realistic effective action and within the realms of legality. If it happened I think on mass scale (as in under 1/2k home fans in attendance) I think they would throw the towel in (after some sort of asset stripping) as they’d come under big external pressure and national scrutiny/ridicule.

National sponsors/TV deals etc. would undoubtedly get involved or crank the pressure up. Isn’t this division the 5th richest in Europe

Evington and Kempton like this.
  18. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

It didn't have much too much impact at Bpool.

There are 91 other clubs, many of them feel good clubs or over achieving clubs that most of the media like to report on.

Like the Oystons, the Allams are old news and part of the football landscape.

What brought the Oystons down was an ex director, not so called fan power.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  19. Leon T Trout AFC

We’re in a higher division than Blackpool with a much bigger slice of a TV deal = more scrutiny.

Did Blackpool fans reduce to 1 or 2k a week in a mass boycott?

We’re sleep walking to oblivion and I don’t think a rump of largely anonymous City fans moaning about them online on a daily basis seems to be working.

What do you suggest we do?

20. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I don't have the solution

Going to home games or choosing to boycott - neither will impact their time of exit (IMHO)

You are right -posting rude insults on a weekly basis on some internet forum is also having no impact (crazy but true!)

I have heard in the last week two polar opposite versions of the situation at the club, both from trusted sources,

Scenario 1: old man wants to make a go of it, son says no,
    Scenario 2 : old man wants rid, but son 'enjoys' the prestige of owning a football club and wants to keep it.