1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd V Arsenal

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 19, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Leeds Utd v Arsenal
    Sunday 22nd [email protected]| Elland Road

Having suffered crushing back to back defeats at the hands of Leicester City and Crystal Palace, Leeds will be relieved that record signing Rodrigo has recovered from Covid 19, and is fit to start against the Gunners on Sunday afternoon. Furthermore, fellow Spanish International Llorente has regained fitness having been sidelined fr a month with a muscle injury. It is unknown whether Bielsa will give the 27yo his debut at the expense of Koch, who had an absolute nightmare midweek for Germany, as they were hammered 6-0 by Spain.

Long term casualty Adam Forshaw is finallyt injury free, but expect him to feature in at least one U23 game before any first team appearances! It is not known whether Bielsa and Hernandez have patched up their differences, but the longer it goes on, the more it will effect the club!

Bielsa may choose to start the game with Brazilian sensation Raphinha, having seen below performances from Costa and Harrison recently.

Gunners defender Sead Kolasinac joins midfielder Mohamed Elneny in quarantine for seven days, having both been diagnosed to have Covid 19.

Eddie Nketiah may feature against his former loanee club having scored another brace for England U21's midweek.

The Premier League have appointed Anthony Taylor to referee the clash between the two giants.

Taylor officiated the last time the two sides met back in January of this year in he FA Cup. He was also in charge of second round of the play off against Derby County (lets not even go there)!

Leeds won their first game in almost a decade with Taylor officiating earlier this season when the Whites make heavy weather of beating Fulham 4-3 earlier this season.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Desperate for a win but can’t see it myself.

If Pablo is fit I’d expect him on the bench, if he’s still frozen out then I’d assume that’s his days with us numbered.

3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Handy 3.1 win...:grin:

4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Fair play mate :emoticon-0148-yes:

Makemstine Roger and Irishshako like this.
  5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I didn't finish my sentence Gessa....................to Arsenal<laugh> (only messing)

6. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, suppose I'd accept a 3-1 win too...

Makemstine Roger and Irishshako like this.
  7. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Id take a draw all day long, id even accept a battling loss, not too confident though, the referee and var will **** us over again.. bastards

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Kalvin back and should start, Rodrigo back but probably on the bench. No Pablo as he picked up a knock in training but back next match, Llorente is back and fit but giving him a bit longer and no Shacks. Having Rodrigo and Kalvin back will be a massive bonus over the Leicester and Palace games.

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Listening to the press conference we’re going to have Rodrigo on the bench, no Pablo so the fear for me is will we start with Roberts.

Makemstine Roger, Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  10. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I suppose we’ll be needing to score 2 goals for just one to count, as per usual :emoticon-0114-dull:

Makemstine Roger and OLOF like this.

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side at least we’re not starting with Coco.

12. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

If Roberts starts then i am starting to loose confidence entirely, will be interesting to see the line up.

13. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

My barber (*) supports Arsenal so if this goes badly wrong I’ll have to find another.

(*) I’m lying, I’m in the south so he’s a hairdresser (**)

(**) I’m still lying, he’s really a Hair Design Lifestyle & Image Consultant but I can’t admit that on here.

14. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

So long as he doesn't have to squat to piss you'll be OK mate, As far as the match goes cant see a win, but ill cross everything i can and hope Leeds are blessed with a win, god knows one is due, Sunday would be a good time, have booze will travel, don't know whether to watch at the naffi although its closing soon for ever now most of the troops have gone home. roll on Sunday

15. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

morning all been a bit busy with hermes this week and got a six day week ahead starting monday.so no game again today this season we have been moved too many times.the players and agents are the winners from this sky deal.
    really hope we put a good show on against arsehole.or we will continue to slide dowmwards.not seen anything of the oppo so do not know what to expect.about time we tried defending better and one or two not going forward as much.

16. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Got a good chance of 3 points against Arsenal.

We just need lady luck to turn up as she has been AWOL for the last few games. Bamford needs to start scoring the easy chances. He has done better this year but he has still missed some absolute sitters at important times that have cost us. It would be nice for some of the others to start getting more shots in at goal.

One thing about Arsenal is that they will want to have their fair share of the ball which should help us create more space when we have it.

They are obviously a good side but I reckon if we are a bit more clinical in front of goal and we get a bit more luck regarding deflections, VAR decisions and bloody goals squeezing in off the woodwork we will be good for 3 points.

Gessa likes this.
  17. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I’m not confident (I never am really), will be keeping one eye on the scores for the teams below us hoping that the gap doesn’t shrink.
    Had to google “barbers”, is this a northern thing?

18. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Morning all. I have no idea what will happen. They got hammered by Villa so we should have at least a fighting chance but the results this year are impossible to predict.
    I'd take a draw but we don't do that, unless it's 5-5.

19. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

If Arsewipe manage to stay on their feet
    The ref doesn't show bias
    The ***t doing var is shot
    We can win this
    Up yours Martin Keown

Makemstine Roger and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  20. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. They had one in Seville and thats south of London.