1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Brum highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Very eloquently explained.

Marcos Barber, Whitejock and davy like this.
  2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nice one lover...

3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The difference between a top first class player and a good Championship is 70% consistency and 30% better / more gears.

Alioski's consistency isn't there at the moment. He's trying too hard. He needs to relax and let his talent do the talking naturally imo.

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Could be right, but tbh, he wasn't the only one that didn't get started. I think it may have actually been down to 'Arry, his clever tactics, & a decent Brum team out to stop us functioning.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  5. Whitejock

6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Wow, had no idea Orta was connected to Elche, it is a small town / city close to where I have a small place in Spain. They recently spent a time in Serie A, which would be like taking Rotheram to the prem. If he was there as part as that then he can seriously spot up and coming talented players. If not - not so much <laugh>

Whitejock likes this.
  7. Whitejock

Spotted this link ... https://www.leedsunited.com/video/89479/full-90-leeds-united-v-birmingham-city , and decided to watch the full 90 minutes again, courtesy of LUTV.

First time I've watched anything on it, and my first impression is 'amateur hour'. Not only is the picture quality shockingly bad for a commercial product, the production / editing is absolutely abysmal. I mentioned earlier in this thread the excellent throw-out from Weidwald (turns out there were 2 - I must have been kipping for the 2nd). Well, if you only watched this version of the match, you'd never have seen it. They decided to show a lingering view of TC standing in the technical area instead. Then a few minutes later, Brum got a free kick & took it really quickly, releasing a player unmarked into our box (Cooper down injured). Not that you'd guess that watching LUTV - we got a shot of Saiz having an amble whilst this good chance of an equaliser was taking place. Can't say I was impressed by the commentary either, but guess you've got to learn somewhere. If he's not learning, then I think he's more suited to reading the shipping forecast on Radio 4.

I return to the question of why Alioski was subbed. I still contend that he wasn't exactly setting the heather alight, but it became clear watching this that he had been targeted by 'Arry. Most of the fouls were against him, which disrupted his play. I also noted that Ayling had a go at him a couple of times, so perhaps he wasn't producing the goods defensively. It also occurred to me (and it was obvious, I guess) that perhaps it was a planned sub anyway, to introduce fresh legs on the wings late in the game. Only TC knows.

I still think we only did ok in the first half, but as for the second half, perhaps I should concede that we did have the upper hand at the start of it, but as the half progressed, well, let's put it this way - we were in trouble more than they were. The onslaught didn't seem as bad as the real time one did.

FORZA LEEDS and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  8. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

WJ agree with all that, plus it would have been extremely harsh not to give Roofe some game time after his recent spell off form

Whitejock likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

so there you have it proof that watching live at the ground sometimes you see more.

Whitejock likes this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

forgot to put thanks for the link and will try and watch it later.

Whitejock likes this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

Whitejock likes this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

thank you for the link i have just watched full game and enjoyed it .must say brum kicked lumps out of us.they had a game plan alright and it nearly came off.this ref had a chance to sort it out early but let it drag on.
    the only concern i have is lassoga looking a touch slow but maybe it will come with match fitness
    Ayling gets caught out for pace too but going forward he's quick/is that possible ?.
    did not mind the commentary one bit .

Whitejock likes this.