1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread LEICESTER V LIVERPOOL

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, May 8, 2023.

1. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I fully believe... Give them respect on the field. The only one who should be talking to the ref is the captain. Major dissent should be carded. Not about eroding their on field authority.

Just off field their mistakes should be acknowledged, if for no other reason to encourage them to improve.

saintKlopp and johnsonsbaby like this.
  2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Your first paragraph are the actual rules now but just like many other rules the refs don't bother enforcing them .

Zanjinho and M!LK like this.
  3. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Not a British referee but Collina didn't stand any messing and got full respect in the few games I saw him officiate. I can't think of a single referee in the PL who exudes authority and looks like he's in control.

The biggest problem imo is that every potential referee who puts themself forward for the written and physical tests etc., passes, or at least they did do according to my best friend who's a qualified referee. That just doesn't seem to be the best way to get the very best candidates when everyone passes. I don't think Jonathan Moss, for example, could have possibly passed the yearly bleep test.

4. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I would have given Sian Massey a go (fnarr, fnarr at the back there). She has eyes like a ****house rat, rarely gets a call wrong, and I genuinely think that even the most bellicose player would think twice about charging at an 8-stone woman. And if she elbowed Robbo, it would only be in his belly. :emoticon-0108-speec

johnsonsbaby and organic red like this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

It has to be the distance covered. Trent might be quite happy stood there not moving very far and just dropping in.

The thing is klopp even said as much about the first 15. "getting turned facing then opponents goal" that really is the key for these sides. Trent is having quite an easy ride off some where i have not seen anyone follow in on him or send him a welcome to midfield kicking yet.

hes not high and wide and 50 yards from his position at times but equally he is not just ball watching and switched off at the moment.

Leicester were still pumping long frees down on the rb channel last night. Like dean smith hasn't got the memo yet.

It will be interesting to see what a european manager like emre does at anfield to us. We need to find out if my fear that someone will hand us our heads is going to come to pass before we have a big preseason and extend this system.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

theres always shortages so you start from a low bar of everyone passes and filter up the ones with aptitude but they are also filtering out anything but the political animals.

7. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

I’d love them to have shown the one where the linesman elbows Robertson in the face and see how that discussion went!

Sucky and Zanjinho like this.
  8. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I just look at the results of that recruitment system. It speaks for itself.

9. saintKlopp

Tbf, that basilisk stare is enough to melt a rock.
    upload_2023-5-16_16-50-52.jpeg
    Would you argue with him?

Prince Knut and johnsonsbaby like this.
  10. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

I remember when my wife was only "marginally pregnant" 3 times, we still ended up with 3 kids

Diego, Prince Knut, Zanjinho and 3 others like this.

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

True but Collins was one in a thousand unfortunately :(

johnsonsbaby likes this.