1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Let's be Frank

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by A.L.D.O 4.1, May 14, 2016.

1. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

It seems that Rangers best signing in the last year may well turn out to be head of recruitment Frank McParland.

We have already secured the services of 19 year old Liverpool kid Jordan Rossiter. Ok , he's got potential, he certainly isn't the finished article or anywhere near a proven top quality player but he has played in Europe for his club and he did so at the age of 16 so he must be decent. Turns out Frank was one of the major reasons for Jordan signing with us. £250 000, it's very unlikely we will lose out on that deal.

Today we have Joey Barton at Ibrox for talks. Joey is an undeniably good player. Unfortunately he also a bit of a tit.

Still, as i said he is a quality player so why is he considering Rangers? Don't get me wrong, right now we are a reasonably attractive option for players.possible European football next season, playing in front of 50,000 fans every home game, a quality manager who likes his team to play attractive football. There's also a decent wage that is probably on a par with what he was making at Burnley.

Could it be that he knows and respects McParland from Frank's time at Burnley?

So a big well done to Frank. Much love. Keep it up mate.

2. Larry-AV

Larry-AV Well-Known Member

Mark Warburton always emphasises that it is teamwork at Rangers, on and off the pitch; the backroom staff do their work unseen, but we all see the fruits of their labours.
    I am not sure about Joey Barton, due to his character, but I will trust MW's judgement of JB.