1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lets have a sensible discussion aboout what is happening

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The new normal Os......

A 3.75m profit on a lad who has really only had a good 6 months and is out of contract next summer.......presumably there will be a hefty sell on clause, Bright gets to live and work in a lovely city with great food, play champions league football.....good move if it comes off, better than going to a PL side whose objectives are to finish 17th....

sb_73 and WalsallHoop like this.
  2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Not arsed what we paid for him. No other club would accept such a derisory offer for a player of his age and potential.

kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  3. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

16:35
    QPR ACCEPT OSAYI-SAMUEL BID
    QPR
    have accepted a £4m bid from Belgian champions Club Brugge for forward Bright Osayi-Samuel.
    It is the second time Club Brugge have tried to sign the 22-year-old after seeing an initial offer turned down in May. QPR have declined to comment
    that 's on Sky.
    At least he hasn't joined spam, foolham ...or that other small side in Fulham

4. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Wait and see. I think Eze might go for a lot.

5. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

A year left on his contract...….he could have walked away on a free in 12 months. I can see Manning leave as well.

6. Quite Possibly Raving

On the price for BOS - interesting to compare it to Bowen, who went for a reported £18m. That was pre-COVID, and he had 18 months left on his deal He scored 51 goals in 116 games for Hull, not always playing as the main striker. They also had Crystal Palace and Newcastle in competition for his signature and players tend to go for more in January.

Frustrating as it is, in that context, getting £4-5m for BOS, who only has 12 months left on his contract, post-COVID, isn't awful. BOS has scored 8 goals in 74 appearances for us.

Ninj and StortfordQPR like this.
  7. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Ninj likes this.
  8. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

At his age, that's a career ending injury I'd think. He's been great at the club with the youngsters apparently, and I'd be happy to see him retained in a coaching capacity.

9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Whatever Brugge is, or isn't from what I saw, its peanuts. He's young and capable of terrorising many a PL defence, and obviously Brugge reckon he can do likewise to the best Clubs in Europe. As normal, old or f***** new normal, we are having our best player taken for a piss fruity drink they call beer, and a packet of crisps. Same as always. When are our Directors going to show some bottle and stop pulling down their schoolboy shorts and leaning over the desk.

BlindFaith and Steelmonkey like this.
  10. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Bottom line is that like anything else a player is only worth what someone else is willing to pay

Given he was unwilling to sign a contract extension, and his existing contract expires next summer we got all we could for him in the absence of a rush of other offers

The directors are not fools - they all run their own businesses - and we don't know what their financial plans for the club are

sb_73 and Quite Possibly Raving like this.

11. Quite Possibly Raving

Except that's not been proven once. If he's that good, and this is such a steal, why haven't Palace stuck in a bid for £6m? Or Burnley for £5.5m?

sb_73 likes this.
  12. StortfordQPR

Exactly

We've become mesmerized by Premier League mega deals, when the reality is that the really big money deals are far less likely to involve clubs buying from the Championship than from overseas

I'm fully expecting a deal involving Eze to be announced soon and I'd be amazed if the upfront fee was more than £12m

sb_73 likes this.
  13. QPR Oslo

Who knows we had to sell him now? There have been rumours of other Clubs interested in him, Palace and WBA at least. A bidding war would have pushed the price up. We should also not be getting into these situations where our most valued players/ players with the obvious potential of BOS, are getting to this situation with their contracts. Even if we have to pay them above the norm, the price they could go for would make that a good investment.

Another example of our Club showing brugger all ambition.

14. StortfordQPR

That's the problem - plenty of rumour but clearly just the one credible (like it or not) offer

I'm sure the club would've worked hard to try to get BOS to stay unless the financial constraints are such that we couldn't afford higher wages and / or to lose a decent transfer fee. On the other side of the table his agent would be working hard to get the best deal for BOS

It is tough to see talented players leaving but we are used to it by now

Quite Possibly Raving likes this.
  15. QPR Oslo

As far as I understand the transfer window isnt even open yet. Bids may have been coming for the £10 million + mentioned, and not only on here. Probably also why this isnt on the Official yet, and hope it wont be. I'd prefer we kept him for next season and let him go for nothing then, than waving him off now for what may not get us near to a striker of Hugill's quality, or Clarke's, who both went for £10 million, pre Covid of course.

BlindFaith likes this.
  16. Quite Possibly Raving

I'd be delighted if you're right, and maybe that's why they've made the deal public, to entice other bidders. Would be great to start a bidding war, as I do think he could do well in the PL. We have to hope a PL club agrees. Completely understand wanting players to stay with us, and wanting to keep players as long as possible, but until we stop losing £12m a year, we simply can't afford to not sell players. I'd rather see players go than rangers go bust.

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  17. QPR Oslo

Well I agree with your sentiment, but if we sell our very best players for 4 million in a market where 20 million is nothing to many PL Clubs, we will go on losing 12 million a year, no problems.

Quite Possibly Raving likes this.
  18. StortfordQPR

His agent would've been tapping up as many leads as possible

Let's not forget - if the transfer fee doubles the agent makes an extra packet

Reality is I could start Twitter rumours about clubs being interested at £10m but it doesn't mean that is the reality

There is no way our owners would settle for £4m if they had reasonable expectation of £10m several weeks later

I would also like this to be the start of a bidding war but I just don't see it

Time to move on and get upset when we see the fee the club has accepted for Eze :emoticon-0102-bigsm

19. Quite Possibly Raving

We both want him to stay and be great for us. And we both want him to go for £20m if he has to go. I'm just more a cynic than you when it comes to the market :) Probably means I enjoy the good times less than you but I'm less surprised by the downsides!!

StortfordQPR likes this.
  20. WalsallHoop

WalsallHoop Active Member

Going into last yr of contract, decent profit based on a spike of form. Our poor negotiations go back to selling Les for 6m and buying Ned Zelic for more than a case of Fosters!!

StortfordQPR likes this.