1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lets Look forward to next Year

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Kellys heroes, May 2, 2011.

1. Kellys heroes

Kellys heroes New Member

My Team

........................Kasper
    Lichaj(if signed) Naylor Kisnorbo New LB
    Sam ......Howson.......Johnson.......Gradel
    ..............McCormack Becchio

New CM- (Derry/Bailey/Montgomery/Johnson)

New LB- (Harte??Dickinson)

Players to make impact next year Nunez Somma Grella McCormack White Parker Paynter Clayton Lees
    Players to release Kilkenny Bessone McCartney

Players that may go for big money- Snodgrass £5 million

2. LEEDSNPROUD

LEEDSNPROUD New Member

Think Lichaj is commited on long term contract with Villa so Connolly will start-Think Snoddy will go to Newcastle would like to swap Alan Smith or Stephen Taylor for Snoddy.

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

My team would probably be:

Westwood
    Connolly - Lees - Kisnorbo/New CB - New LB
    Snodgrass - New CM - New CM - Gradel
    Becchio - McCormack​

Need to cash in on Schmeichel, his all-round game has looked poor since his injury and there will still be some fools who see his surname and pay up a couple of million for him. Can't say no to Keiren Westwood on a free as his replacement.

New CB and a new LB are needed, I wouldn't want Harte back since he's not a brilliant defender and generally I hate that team who refused to take a wage cut when we were at one of our lowest points. Also Lichaj is naturally a leftback and Connolly is good enough at RB, not that we could prise him away from Villa anyway. Get rid of Bruce and keep O'Brien and Bromby as back up, not really sure who a good centre back signing would be.

It looks like 4-4-2 will be the way to play it and Jonny Howson can't play in a 4-4-2. Sadly for our young vice-captain, I'd have him on the bench and use him as an impact sub. Also he wouldn't be anywhere near the captaincy, he's no natural leader. Definitely wouldn't bring Smith or Stephen Taylor in; their wages would be way too high and Smith is a treacherous scum **** of the lowest order. Two new CMs, one in the Derry mould and the other would ideally be Kilkenny but it looks like we've blown it with him so just another playmaker type. Someone like Barry Bannan who we could actually realistically sign.

Up front, I think we're fine. Paynter, Becchio, McCormack and Somma are alright for a 4-4-2 in my opinion, all good teams have four good strikers and I think the Burnley game showed that Billy and Ross both have it in them to do well, just need a good pre-season.

I don't think five new signings is an unreasonable demand, hopefully we'd even spend some cash on them as well. OK that was too far.

4. billyboy

billyboy New Member

sorry all but i am well pissed off with leeds it is allways the frigin same u get fed up of being let down they are gutless twats

5. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Can't be arsed being pissed off any more, I felt the same way as you Billy but there's no point following football if you're not going to enjoy yourself in my mind. The season's drawing to a close and like I said on the other thread, there's still a lot to look forward to despite our disappointing capitulatioin. At least we're not paying foreign prima donna twats 80 grand a week and being tonked every week in the Premiership (just yet!) And let's face it, we wouldn't have done great in the playoffs even if we did force our way in. Let's enjoy each step of our recovery as it comes. It's going to be a long, bumpy road but it'll be a great feeling when we're back. The League One promotion x10.

6. billyboy

billyboy New Member

i am glad that u no how i feel----but onwards and upwards so they say