1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lets not beat around the bush..

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I hate the fact weve had so many managers, its embarassing. Coleman took over our club in October with the season barely getting started. He walked into a shyte situation and credit to him as a man and a person to leave a job in which he was massively respected in to try and take SAFC to where it belongs.

He rightly said in his early interviews we are a MASSIVE club in comparison to about 50% of the teams/buisnesses that are run in a intelligent and correct way in the Premiership.

So where did we fail? We have a pretty decent squad in my opinion. Man to man we are no weaker than most teams.
    Ive said time and time again 442 is the route to success in this league. Warnock is a proven manager and Cardiff are on the brink of promotion with a limited squad that has balls and fights for eachother. Neil Harris is doing a similar job at Millwall playing that way.

Coleman gets his first window in Jan and fair play to him his hands are tied. He gets shot of NDong and brings Ejarja in. He brings Clarke Salter in. He brings LuaLua in. He brings Fletcher aka the cart horse in and other than the latter theyve barely played, but have probably been on a combind wage of about 100k a month.
    Young talent and 2 players that could be massive for us next year have had to sit on the bench and watch Fletcher try and prove he has an ounce of ability as a lone striker in a team picked by Colemans stubborness and inabity to forsee what team and formation our squad needs in order to be able to compete at this level.

Injuries to McNair and Watmore along with trading Mannone in for 3 shyte keepers has hit us hard, but i cant stop looking at the bigger picture and think... Coleman youve fecked up mate.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Good job or bad we were down when we spent **** all in Jan, we needed a decent keeper and we didn't get one, the difference between staying up and going down this season, it can't be ignored. Could all be irrelevant now as new owners tend not to give managers much time as they have they own man lined up. Coleman will basically have to re interviewed and he does have performance and has made decisions that they can make a judgment off. But if new owners do come in then it is the right time to make these sort of changes.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  3. Teessidemackem

We had a decent keeper. We sacraficed 2m for Mannone and brought 3 shyte keepers in to replace him.
    Its not just Coleman the whole club is a shambles. I earn a respectful living as an engineer and even i can see the flaws in how badly run we are and i struggle to work my beer money out each weekend.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Brian Storm likes this.
  4. Brian Storm

On the Fletcher thing, I honestly believe we are contractually obliged to play him. I just can't believe anybody with any credibility in the game would be picking him out of choice. If he starts next game we'll have our answer and if he does, bain has a lot to answer for cause it robbed us of options.

clockstander likes this.
  5. Brian Storm

Bain still stands by that as 'great business' :headbang:

6. Teessidemackem

Me too mate. Asoro and Maja werent really doing alot wrong so why drop them or at least put one next to Fletcher in a 442. I want to like Coleman but like i say i think he fecked up big time

clockstander and Brian Storm like this.
  7. Teessidemackem

He was second choice. We were meant to sign Mcburnie from Swansea instead but he sacked us off for Barnsley. He literally chose them over us which shows how bad our reputation is.
    Just to rub it in hes scored 8 goals in 15 games for them.

Brian Storm likes this.
  8. Brian Storm

Going onto the squad I thought it was poor.

Keeper: Don't need to say ****.

CBs- O'shea is finished at any level without pace, Kone has proven he can only playif Kaboul holds his hand. Wilson was always going to be in and out and young cbs need a leader forcing us to stick with O'Shea

Fullbacks- early season with only Jones and Galloway fit it was a disaster. Once Oviado and Mathews got match fit it was two areas I was happy with, once Love hit fitness I was just longing for Oviado to find his earlier form to really give our attacks some much needed width in a narrow sett up. But Oviado's form really dropped off at a time we needed him most.

CM, lol, too many defensive minded players, only Honeyman in the entire squad was only fit player the forward thinking and engine to make a CM pairing workable in a 442 imo, but he's just too light weight to command the role with enough accomplishment for a 2 man cm and I think this is the main reason we didn't see much 442. McNair is weapon, pray to god he's over his injuries and he stays on another season and finding him a partner for next season is a must. Overall we just didn't have a cm who could retain and dictate in the final 3rd partnered with a strong enough engine, without that another season with limited options was guaranteed.

Wide men- talented when they want to be but a bunch of lazy ****s who shrugged responsibility. With the lack of attacking threat down the middle and the lack of energy on the flanks we just looked drab and uninspiring.

Forwards, Grabben not replaced, no other goalscorers and the strange case of Fletcher getting game time. nuff said.

Poor squad, good enough to stay up though if not for the two glaring weak spots which made staying up impossible. Down on keepers and a lack of goal scorer ultimately. Both could have been addressed in January.

Managers- Didn't rate Grayson, didn't want him. Didn't rate Coleman, didn't want him. But there no doubt in my mind both of them could have kept us up on a couple of million in January. They're not good managers, we scooped them from the dregs but they're good enough to keep squads up in this league if the squads themselves are capable of it. I just think ours wasn't. I think it's evident.

quinneristops and clockstander like this.
  9. Teessidemackem

I love you mate z

10. Teessidemackem

Im lished ill rrspo d to.mlrow

11. Brian Storm

I love you to bruv.

12. Brian Storm

No problem mate :)

13. Teessidemackem

Me amd yoi Rochmomd asAp<cheers>

14. Brian Storm

Defo, got my little mate Chris on board.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  15. Teessidemackem

LOTTLES THE NEW. BIG. IM 2FOOY6

Brian Storm likes this.
  16. Brian Storm

Can't translate that like? <laugh>

17. Teessidemackem

Im not a bat kid

18. Brian Storm

Is over my head then. I've had a skin full too like. Few cheeky lines to keep my steady with it. <laugh>

19. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Decent squad or not... relegation wad always a strong possibility. The club is toxic through and through.

Change is needed at the top with the board . Not in the niddle with the manager. It just won't help. Nor will going through dozens of players who are turned ineffective when the toxicity of the environment they walk into turns them to ****.

I didn't like Coleman when we appointed him but my opinion hasn't lowered and I'd rather we stuck with a manager for once.

We can cull our dogshit playing staff for what feels like the fifth year in a row. We can swap our manager out for what feels like another faceless, hapless participant of the merrygoround for the tenth year in a row but what are we expecting? Something different? Don't ****ing think so. Short needs to go. He's presiding over a burning house. He doesn't have insurance. He's fiddling with the ****ing gas.

20. Teessidemackem

Im.on chyristal mrth