1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dorty Dogbreath, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

First I knew there were favelas in Stevenage. What a knob.

2. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

He's made that comment before about India. As a sportsman he's untouchable and his talent is without question. As a person outside of the car and away from the racetrack i find his behaviour quite eccentric at times, attention seeking most definitiely. I think he's a victim of the world we live in today though with the press, social media and all of the glitz and glamour that his chosen sport offers. He's got a fair way to go to catch Schumacher on the track, off it he won't get anywhere near the bloke.

#keepfightingmichael

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  3. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He's got the best car,he's a little **** and he's always been a little **** . Crying and tantrumming as a child after and during karting races . Throwing 2nd place hate at rosberg shows he's still a little **** today . What you see on camera is just the tip of the iceberg .He's obviously very good but I've never liked him .

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    cronemeister and Dorty Dogbreath like this.
  4. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I don't know the context of his quote and frankly I couldn't care less.
    He's English, he's a 5-time Formula 1 World Champion and will go on to be the greatest racing driver of all time.

No fence-sitting here! :emoticon-0152-heart

5. Dorty Dogbreath

I think he tries too much to be cool. I don't care how many tattoos he has. For uber cool see Ayrton Senna, for just plain cool the cigarette-smoking James Hunt the Shunt.

daztoc, LiamO and cronemeister like this.
  6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

T

cronemeister likes this.
  7. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Stevenage is a **** hole. He is right in what they say. Instead of the people of Stevenage getting butt hurt, they should find ways to improve it!

TheJudeanPeoplesFront and Flash like this.
  8. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

He should think himself lucky he's not a Mackem.

9. Dorty Dogbreath

Only he didn't grow up in a slum, he grew up in a 1990s new build. My son in law lived in a slum in Angola for his first ten years, he used to drink weak as piss tea from a rolled up newspaper. And anyway, Hamiltons new home, Monaco, is a proper **** hole. I heard football fans singing In Your Monaco Slums so it must be true.

Judge Death and QWOP like this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I love what Hamilton does on the track. He's a great driver. Possibly the greatest of all time.

Off it I get the impression he tries extremely hard to fit in with the elite he now mixes with, but has always had a sense he's inferior. He's come from a humble background compared to the usual F1 driver (usually come from money with massive sponsors behind them etc). Sometimes I think he overplays that and exaggerates it to garner the rags to riches vote.

I don't think he's a bad bloke because of what he said about Stevenage or India, I just think years of living in a surreal fake world laden with riches has made him a bit lost and having no point of reference. He knew straight away he dropped a clanger, unfortunately live TV is merciless and there is no backtracking however hard you try.

11. cronemeister

Absolutely this. He makes me cringe sometimes but you're bang on, he's just trying to fit in...probably a bit too hard and making it too obvious. He's beaten everything that's been put in front of him. He upstaged Alonso in his rookie season which is no mean feat (I'm a big Alonso fan as well), he consistently out performed Rosberg to the point where the German took the title (thanks to a couple of cruel DNF's that season) and was too scared to defend it against Hamilton. If Honda get their act together he could have a fight on his hands next year with Max but I think reliability could be their downfall next season, I hope I'm wrong because Max, Lewis and Seb battling it out can only be good for us viewers.

Greatest dirver of all time is hard to gauge these days. They do an amazing job and have to maintain ridiculous levels of fitness to be able to compete at the top level but they're not really driving the cars the way they used to be driven. They're either managing fuel, tyres or engine/gearbox...sometimes all 3. I sometimes watch some of the older races from the 80's and 90's when they're on and wonder how things would be if they had the equipment to just go out and drive the arse off the cars they're in now. Flat out, nee stressing about tyres, fuel or engines. I still think Hamiton would come out on top but the fight to get there and stay there would be a ****load more fun to watch for sure.

I wish they would just **** off with this money/environment saving bollocks at times. Let the ones with the most money fight it out at the top and let the rest of the field fight it out amongst themselves for the scraps, it worked for years why change? And keep the environmental **** for Formula E....and whoever watches that bollocks, bunch of suped up dodgems going round in circles!

12. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

He's a ****ing **** <ok>

13. the_gateshead_ninja

the_gateshead_ninja Active Member

Sounds like a Monty Python line

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  14. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Stevenage is a **** hole compared to where he lives now, and India can get ****ed because at the same time they spent multi billions on a ****ing athletics event, there were charity appeals for desperate poor Indians in the exact same city being shown on our TV.

I mean, we have homeless issues, but they are next level, and we certainly don't try to get another country to pay for them. Despite their growing economy, they have a ridiculous disparity between rich and very very very poor.

cronemeister likes this.
  15. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I read that we also send them £300m in poverty aid at the same time they are running a space program and a nuclear program.

16. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Sounds about right :emoticon-0148-yes:

I think Lewis Hamilton is a bit of a cock out of the car, but every single person has their own opinions and I don't think a sports star should be castigated for saying a couple of off the cuff statements which ruffle feathers and some sticks in anuses, especially when that is the worst thing you could probably level at someone from the role model perspective... What, you want your kids to never have their own thoughts?

Jeremy Corbyn and the whole "stupid woman" thing is slightly different, in that I think a potential leader of the UK should have a bit of class to apologise for a remark made in the heat of the moment. The remark itself was not outrageous, or sexist or what have you, but a leader should set their stall out to be exemplary, and he's lost some currency with me by being a typical politician about the whole thing.

17. Warmir Pouchov

I think I might do some charity work next year for the homeless. After doing a fair bit of travelling this year, particularly a lot of big cities, its absolutely disgusting what is being allowed to get worse and worse every year. Not to get all serious and deep for the first time in 10 plus years on these boards, but **** me, humans are a right set of ****s.

London was pretty bad. Then I hit Paris and that was worse. Entire Syrian families sleeping rough. Little kids of 5 or 6, no one batting a eyelid. New York was horrific. It was starting to get cold then too, and every single street was awash with people sleeping rough. It was so widespread that it was a part of life there and people were almost blinded to it. To be honest the best city I went to was Toronto. I don't know what they are doing differently but for a big city, the number of homeless was low.

Never been to India but having seen plenty of documentaries on this, it looks worse again. The ugly side of capitalism.

18. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its unfortunate that the leaders of a lot of developing countries think that ploughing money into prestigious sports events or high tech projects brings more kudos to the country than looking after it's poor. Same applies to the UK though - they always sell projects like the London Olympics and HST2 as benefiting the economy and bringing new investment whereas housing the homeless doesn't. To me building nearly a million new council houses would be a much better way of spending the 56billion quid we are going to spend on HS2 to be able to get from London to Manchester half an hour quicker

19. Warmir Pouchov

The Corbyn thing is incredible. He's boxed himself into a corner which will probably see the end of his time as leader of the opposition. I wouldn't condone him using the phrase, but the reality is that type of language is going to take a long time to eradicate. He could have brought it to a close pretty quickly with a swift apology. To lie about it he has only made it worse. The good thing is it has led to the whole boys club mentality being exposed in the house.

Its high time we had proper and full political reform in this country. I think nearly everyone is sick of this secret ruling class being bred into this.

I tell you what though, May must be thanking her lucky stars the way Jeremy and Jose distracted everyone!

20. cronemeister

I just wish the queen would rock up, live on TV and say “Orf with their heads”....now that is tv worth watching, people would pay for that ****. I miss the medieval days :-(

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Warmir Pouchov likes this.