1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LFW on Ramsey

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Telford Ranger, Nov 5, 2015.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I think both points of view are valid.
    Rooney ran a game at Loftus Rd too, which was quite awesome to witness.

2. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Football supporting has always been about opinions. Two people go to the same game and come away with entirely different impressions of it, and when one voices their opinion to the other the indignant rage builds up inside and an argument ensues. In a Derby curry house late on Tuesday night a discussion around our table about how Grant Hall had done a good job of keeping Chris Martin quiet was interrupted by a Phil and Grant Mitchell tribute act, who’d overheard/eavesdropped on the conversation from the other side of the dining room and decided they absolutely had to walk over and interrupt the meal of three perfect strangers to tell us how wrong we were, how brilliant Martin had been and “****” Hall was.

please log in to view this image

These conversations used to be the mainstay of pubs and radio phone ins but they’ve grown into something more now. Everybody has a dozen ways of putting them forward – message boards, Twitter feeds, blogs, websites, message boards, podcasts. You venture your point of view, and somebody disagrees with it, so you argue back for days on end. You become entrenched in your view, it becomes extreme"

Damage can I suggest you read the above passage from Clive that was published on LFW and then look in the Mirror because it describes you exactly.....as has been said countless times "an opinion is like an arsehole......everyone has one".....

Now it's fine to have differing view points but you don't have to go on ramming your points of view down everyone else's throat just because they disagree with you.......accept it that at times it's best to agree to disagree.....

Now there's a game to be won today.....Up the R's

QPR Oslo and seagullhoop like this.
  3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Absolutely, it defies logic but it happened. That's football. In the end the only person you can blame beyond the individuals employed is the person who employed them...

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

As Tramore succinctly put it, it's an opinion. You seem to be trying to link good performances to what should be the norm. We had some good wins but a lot of humiliations under all those managers.

Ramsey, as I said at the time he was appointed, was the cheap option. TF said he would develop our team through youth. When players weren't sold no-one mentioned that the priority had changed, probably because we made a decent start. Once results mirrored performances TF returned and the sh*t hit the fan. He was an easy sacrifice because he was cheap and he should never have been appointed in the first place.

You must be so supremely intelligent to waste so much time forensically breaking down every match to create a fatuous argument when you have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes, and that more than anything has influenced what has affected the team and it's results. Hopefully, someone will write a book on the past five years and enlighten us all...

sb_73, QPR Oslo and seagullhoop like this.
  5. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

I think maybe we are talking at cross purposes.

Just to be sure I'm not misunderstood...

'As a club we have a recent history of taking good players (and arguably managers) and watching them underperform.'

This is not speculation - the list of players I provided is clear evidence of that - they fail with us but go on to prosper elsewhere. They are not 'bad' players in my opinion so we have to look at the reasons for their underperformance. If you blame the manager - let's take Mark Hughes for example - why is he successful elsewhere and not with us? He is clearly not a 'bad' manager so why didn't it work with us? I am yet to hear a compelling explanation for this - and he certainly did not become a 'bad' manager temporarily - so the logical answer is that there must have been factors outside of his management that contributed to his failure.

It is a commonly held opinion - that has been expressed by people more knowledgeable than myself - that there was (and perhaps still is) a deeper malaise at the club - and that it is that there is something in the culture of the club that is causing people to fail - something that is holding the club back and that until this is dealt with the club will continue to make the same mistakes. I don't think it's possible to lay 100% of the blame at any door, but similarly I can't agree that TF and the board do not own a significant amount of responsibility - if only for not putting this right.

Frankly whether we agree or not doesn't matter - opinions are like arseholes... everybody has one and I'm happy to disagree. Let's face it, if we didn't differ in our reading of the situation it would be a pretty bland forum.

As final point - there seems to be a trend on here that if you disagree with someone, calling them an idiot (or any other ad hominem style attacks) is somehow acceptable. It isn't

QPR Oslo and sb_73 like this.
  6. seagullhoop

I see Tramore and I have the same point about arseholes - apologies... I hadn't read your post... was too busy constructing my own!

Let's hope for a good day and a resounding win.

7. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Mr Peter we all look silly on here
    The skill is knowing that, adapting to facts, forming new opinions and living life. TF has delivered debt and massaged his ego with our club in still my current opinion
    We had to attact players using a vision and money is his only defence
    If we taste success again the same will apply if we want to live in the top tier

8. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Sometimes people are associated with things through no fault of their own. Aaron Ramsey had a run of games were he scored and someone famous died. It's not actually his fault!

Seems the only evidence against TF is association but identifying mistakes without hindsight on recent years is much harder

And you got personal first, but inserted no offence. So what's the problem

9. seagullhoop

Really? Where? If that is true I apologise, but I read through the thread and can't see where I have been personally abusive. I try to avoid personal abuse because I think it diminishes the argument - happy to be corrected though.