1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v NUFC

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Im being serious without them we would be on zero points.. without them theres in no counters.

2. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Still on the lash from yesterday more like!

Speaking of lash, you hit the cans yesterday mate?

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Aye.
    Cant remember a thing about yesterday. Must of had over 10 beers and I’m told I staggered in.. belched at the mother in law and just slept on the sofa. Feel like **** today so back on the wagon I go. Booze is evil.

cronemeister likes this.
  4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Respect to the Liverpool lads:

5. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Why?

6. Red Hadron Collider

That's not what he's like. He could name his money and get paid it.

7. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

TBH it could have been a lot worse - losing to Liverpool by 2 goals will be a lot better than others manage this season - hate to say it but this genuinely maybe their year... they're scoring on average 3 a game and conceding just under a goal so we should be pleased we scored!

Think it's time to give Almiron a break - keep saying it he just needs one to bounce in off his arse but it's certainly effecting him mentally now and he could have a massive impact off the bench. Atsu - needs dropping for me, get he had a good game or two at the start but back to his normal self now, unable to control, pass, shoot, cross, tackle and the first goal at the weekend was unbelievable! Surely you go into the game with the strict instructions do not **** around in your own defensive third against this high pressing team, yet he tries to Cruyff turn two players 10 years outside the box when your CM's and FB's have gone beyond you?

I'd honestly go 4-4-2 against Brighton - not a fan of it but I think you get the two wingers out the team, move Dummy to LB and push Willems on to LM, Krafth and Manquillo on the right so you are solid defensively and get Yoshi up top with Joelington buzzing around looking for the knockdowns. I'd also be tempted to move Schar in to CM with Hayden and have two CB's in Lacselles and Fernandez/Clark playing longer.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

10 years? I've heard of late tackles before but never that late.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  9. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

To be fair he could have tried it for 10 years straight and still not got away with it!

10. Rudekid

so because we did quite well against the best side in Europe we should make drastic changes?

I disagree with every single thing you've suggested ! drop almiron for who ? drop atsu??? hes been our best player this season …. manquillo is our best right back never should have been dropped.

dear me

11. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

Just speaking from personal experiences I have had with LFC fans. Great supporters but terrible winners.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  12. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Watching games like this always puzzles me. Sure, there's a difference in class between each team, that's a given. But we are still talking about £20k a week multi-millionaire professional footballers, and whilst those in red can play out from the 'keeper, make room and send in threatening crosses for SMALL players to attack, we labour around the back and hoof it aimlessly to someone who's being marked by Joelinton.

Don't get me wrong, there's an expectancy of getting beat and little shame in the performance, I am genuinely just puzzled as to how our footballers can so often look so clueless, mis-placing passes on numerous occasions, running down blind alleys, not making runs to support each other, etc. As I was watching it, there was a desperate need to have someone deeper and central. If the problem for this match was stopping crosses for A-A and Robertson, why did we do the wing back thing again - wouldn't it make more sense to have dedicated full backs, two in the middle and a deep lying DM (Hayden) making a back five, rather than a back five-ish and wide players dropping?
    Tactics is an interesting one; I do feel like we need a change, our ability to play on the front foot (copyright Alan Pardew) is severely hampered by the 5-4-1 approach and it's then very hard to adjust and go into a new style of play once you've had your backside handed to you by a "big" club.

I'd like to see us go back to back four, but try either diamond or xmas tree formation.

13. Rudekid

why change we have a system that causes all teams problems

we don't have players good enough to play a pretty passing game !! weve done very well so far this season no need to change and its certainly unwise to do so yet.

I think we will beat brighton and Leicester

14. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

FTFY

15. Rudekid

what does that mean

16. Rudekid

so we have a problem and you along with all the other fat plebs think you can make us better with your crap tactical awareness

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  17. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Less of the fat.

Munson. likes this.
  18. Rudekid

look mate sorry im just saying that it is not the time to change anything we could beat brighton and Leicester imo and what people are suggesting takes time and playing staff we simply do not have.. ln time maybe it can be done , but people need to understand this isn't championship manager.

people talking about dropping almiron and atsu are beyond me .. almiron may have little end product but he grafts his arse off and gets us on the counter!! atsu has been brilliant !! one error then they are in his arse again !!! weve had a tough run ffs

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Klopp showing his class once again in the post match interview.

He’s my favourite manager in the PL by a country mile.

Lovely bloke.

Munson. likes this.
  20. Red Hadron Collider

Yep. Top man. I even know mancs who like him <yikes>