1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Spurs

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by saintPort&Ginger, Apr 27, 2024.

?

Is it...

1. win,

40.0%
  2. lose,

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. or draw?

20.0%
  4. All of the above

40.0%
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I think we just became exposed because Bajcetic came on and he's definitely not up to speed. Perfect opportunity to give him game time at 4-0 up tbf

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

The important thing is some players put themselves in the shop window for slot to think about what they can do.

We don't need to see our squad just fall.apart. we want to see it built.on with new energy and new tactics.

Today we played with genuine width. It's a pleasure to see a side pay like that rather than play in 50 % of the park

That goal that was a throw back today. Trent cords field to width then back across.

3. saintPort&Ginger

I really enjoyed seeing us have genuine width - it brings dividends and I don't know why we've abandoned it in the last few months.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

Some vanity tactic.

We've done it more and more to put trent through a slot in the middle but unless someone (like Elliott did) does go and glue themselves to that sideline then it simply doesn't work must at all.

Its fine in part when trent stood where say quansah would be tossing balls for salah and nunez to run for BUT that required quansah/konate to play rb instead and trent to realise he became the rcb

We simply never had the discipline to do it.

Today trent played wide a lot more but he did you infield to stand about as well but Elliott was certainly much wider at times to compensate.

When we were stuck with gomez playing full back we was going it cos he wasn't going to beat anyone anyway but we were playing in 2/3rd the pitch most of the time and killing ourselves. The fact we did really well is great but we blew up in thr end.

Why? Diaz wouldn't stay wide. At times he was stood in the mane slot like a coach was instructing him too while gomez was at 6.

We had a right side from Bradley but nothing down the other side so sides could crab across and just compress us.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

My understanding thus far about slot I'd that he plays a Dutch 433 or in other words a double pivot midfield with one attacking cm. He currently has relied on width to make chances and score goals.

Where he puts our current players I don't know in that. I honestly don't know that all of them suit.

But Elliott put a big show there today to stake claim to press high and hard like he did today.

Gakpo crossed from the left so that's good. Not sure if he's the 9 we need.

Salah on the right doesn't convince me in this formation if I am honest.

I think he will want a winger for sure. He should want a better 6 than endo to play with macca. A bit more pace there.

6. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Great result. More of the same please.

In other news, Nunez has deleted every one of his Liverpool Instagram post. Is this a thing? What does it likely mean?

7. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

Relentless pressing, using the space and width of the pitch and players playing with smiles on their faces.

Such a shame we ran out of steam in the thick of it, but also great to see we’re going til the end whether there’s a prize to be had or not

johnsonsbaby and organic red like this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

Likely means he got dogs abuse for missing some chances.

9. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Think seen online he got a load of abuse for missing chance yesterday.

People online are idiots.

Really hope he finds a role and can flourish under new manager next year as the guy has all the raw ingredients to be a proper player.

10. johnsonsbaby

It's the very worst of social media isn't it. Healthy criticism is one thing but when it turns into abuse, it's time for these people to go and find another team/sport to follow. Back the players or back off!

11. moreinjuredthanowen

I wouldn't mind but Instagram.is.meant to deal with that stuff.

If he was on twatter or whatever you'd expect to say we'll that's that but insta is.meant to be more positive.

12. johnsonsbaby

I don't really have much clue because I don't use either but I had in mind that Instagram was just a platform to post pictures. I didn't know that you could comment on there.

He can be sure that the fans in the ground don't feel the same, frustrated yes, but still giving full support. I hope he concentrates on them and doesn't get too down hearted.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

99% of abusers don't even support the clubs they proport to.

14. johnsonsbaby

You're probably right. It's just a shame that a large percentage of people are prepared to assume they do and use it as a stick to beat the club or the genuine supporters with.

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

The miss was extremely frustrating, especially if you've played the game as it was so obvious he needed to round the keeper, but definitely not his worse miss of the season.

Online comments are ridiculous and disgraceful most of the time,

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

You'd wonder given we were easily winning the game and there was nothing riding on it.

I strongly suspect it was organised by trolls and they were just waiting for the next miss.

If it were lfc fans then surely salah missing v Atlantic when he had to hit target with that lob should be the obvious target of such mindlessness.

Picking on a chance at 4-2 up just seems thick

Zanjinho likes this.
  17. johnsonsbaby

He got a nice little tweet from Suarez telling him to stay positive.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  18. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Salah missing the ball from 3 yards out with an open goal v spurs was even worse.

Zanjinho likes this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

Which just goes to show. I just think a certain group were primed and waiting to do what they did and it could well have been orchestrated.

Who knows.

Generally you miss to put your side put of a cup or miss a pen in a shoot out and this trolling starts but in a dead rubber when you are 2 goals up???

Nonsense

20. saintPort&Ginger

Probably not Liverpool fans, or not over the age of 15 maybe. Match-going fans love him for his heart and willingness - hopefully he realises it's just a load of tossers having a go.