1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Watford.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, May 6, 2016.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Gomes might be disappointed with the 2nd but he cannot be perfect every game.

andytoprankin likes this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If only we had a striker who had not lost all of his early season confidence. It was a pity we didn't get any cover in for Ighalo in January.

andytoprankin and Hornette_TID like this.
  3. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well, there we are. We did well...ish but still playing a team that doesn't have players in their right positions is bonkers, we were doomed from the start. Considering the circumstances they did their best and as ever, Gomes on twitter was honest, saying he should have done better for the second, but noone can blame him, especially as it was Anya's mistake that caused the situation in the first place. Some good performances all in all, and an atmosphere at least in the away end...i can't remember hearing the home end at all once they'd done their YNWA bit. Maybe the odd 'liverpool liverpool' but that was about it.

Meanwhile, i met Anya at the service station on the way home...he seemed to be pretty much resigned to the disappointment but still gave some kids some time and a picture..a gent, but really not a right back! (still better to see him play there than Nyom or Paredes tbh). But why does Flores insist on playing Abdi and Jurado on the wings?! We have two perfectly good wingers twiddling thumbs on the bench for an hour or so...he seems very intent on pressing the self destruct button.

Hey ho. Would have been good to get a bit of momentum for next season but unless we can win at least one of the next 2, which i can't see happening, we are going into next season with a mountain to climb.

andytoprankin and canary-dave like this.
  4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Which may explain why he was playing left back yesterday... :)

5. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

H how do you meet Anya at a service station, I thought the players flew to games or have a team bus? Just curious.
    Yes it was Anya's slighty delayed and telegraphed pass that led to the goal and to be fair to Gomes I thought he was a little unsighted and possible the ball bobbled in front of him and over his hand - not seen it close up though.

6. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Just got back....great day out, but shame about the result again. I am definitely now totally footballed out!

7. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

I met Troy after the Wolves game at a service station , And asked him did the Boss know he was cueing up for a Big Mac

8. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

I asked him how he was there on his own. He said his mum had come to the game, and that home was nearer liverpool than Watford. He also said that some of the team drove, some flew and some were on the coach, which kinda tells us a lot about the problems we have at the moment!

Scullion likes this.
  9. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

haha, good to know you're paying attention! That's what i meant lol

canary-dave likes this.
  10. wear_yellow

I am not sure that you can read that there are issues with team morale because they have not all travelled together?

11. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

It doesn't do a lot for team ethic if the team doesn't travel together, imo.

12. wear_yellow

I think you will find that often some players may travel separately as they live closer to the away ground or need to get other transport closer to the ground. John Eustace used to travel on his own to games op norf as his family still lived in the Midlands. I just think you are reading more into than there is..

13. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Another example is that Flores apparently didn't stay with the players in the hotel before the semi-final.

14. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

yes, i heard that too. Just wrong!