1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Luton v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, May 5, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Draw

3. Hats off

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

upload_2023-5-5_7-58-59.jpeg
    theyre **** scared of getting injured
    We’ll win 3-1

tigers1970 likes this.
  2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Hats.

Luton hosts the UK's biggest one day carnival.

Upset over the lavish spending on London’s Peace Parade, servicemen began to riot between the 19th – 21st July 1919, arguing that money would have been better spent reintegrating soldiers after the war. During the riots, Luton Town Hall was burnt down and afterwards all of those that were involved received severe penalties.

Luton is recorded in the Domesday Book by the name of Loitone with 750 of the population. Luton was founded in the 6th century during the reign of Saxons when they were dominant over River Lea. Historians write that this river was mainly the root-cause of Luton’s name.

People from Bedfordshire are called “Bedfordshire Bulldogs” or “Clangers”. The term “Clangers” originates from a traditional local dish.

The Clanger is a traditional Bedfordshire dish, a suet pastry with meat at one end, and jam on the other.

The concept of afternoon tea was born in Bedfordshire.

Wendy from Peter Pan was based on a real person. Wendy’s grave is in Potton. Her actual name was Margret Henley and the name Wendy came from mispronunciation. Her dad also inspired Long John Silver. He was the poet W. E Henley. Both of them are buried at St John’s Church.

Former Luton Town and United States international goalkeeper Ian Feuer played one of the predators in the film Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Britain’s first hot air balloon landed in Bedfordshire. Damaging more of Beds than all of the hotels in Portugal.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Didn’t know where to stick it but a good story to start the day. Well done lad

Jak ‘loving life’ after finding employment through the Tigers Trust
    3 May 2023
    please log in to view this image

Having signed up to the Tigers Trust’s Tigers Pathways employment programme in February 2022, the Tigers Trust has supported Hull City fan Jak Waller into finding employment.

Jak had spent years volunteering at local clubs but admitted he needed additional support to strengthen his search for employment.

Across the past year, Amy and Paul from the Tigers Trust have delivered tailored guidance to Jak, such as support with his CV and developing his interview skills.

Jak’s hard work and determination on the programme recently paid off after successfully landing a role at Heron Foods, much to his delight.

He said: “I found the Tigers Pathway programme a great opportunity to find employment and Amy and Paul will give the support you need to help you find your career.

“I’m now able to buy things I never thought I’d be able to and I’m loving life with my own financial security”.

Tigers Pathways Delivery Officer Amy Blinkhorn said: “Jak is the ultimate example of someone who has shown great resilience and a never-give-up attitude towards achieving his goal.

“We wish him all the best for the future and hope his story can inspire more individuals into finding employment through the Tigers Trust.”

If you'd like to register an interest in signing up to the Tigers Pathways programme, please click here.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I've never heard of this, so just took at look to see if they still sell them (I know Cornish pasties started off with a sweet and savoury half, but are not generally made like that any more) and they do, though they're usually pork at one end and stewed apple at the other, which at least makes more sense than jam.

Though I think I'll still stick with patties.

Jim the Tiger likes this.
  5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Harrumph, it's been in each of these for the past few years. So it shows you never even bothered to read them.

I slave my fingers to the bone, and this is the thanks I get. :emoticon-0106-cryin

6. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Pah, you expect thanks after that regurgitated ****e?! :emoticon-0125-mmm:

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

rovertiger and DMD like this.
  7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Last day of season game against a good team, where we've got nothing to play for and the players have just been told where their futures lie. Hate to say it but it feels like the kind of game we get battered in.

Jim the Tiger likes this.
  8. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I would expect something called a clanger to be full of soup to be honest.

LeftSaidFred, Help!, FER ARK and 5 others like this.
  9. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Alternative Luton view.
    Luton Town often got a mention on the Morecambe and Wise show, which was compulsive telly on a Saturday night in the 70's pulling in viewing audiences of over 15m regulary. Eric was a director of the Hatters.
    Hull City v Luton highlights were shown on MOTD back in the day when the only mention City got on the BBC was when the results were read out on a Saturday tea time.
    Bob Hatton, Hull born centre forward who played for virtually every team in Britain, except Hull City, played for Luton from 1978-80, played 82 times and scored 29 goals.
    They also had Malcom McDonald, aka as Supermac who once scored all five goals for England in a 5-0 win over Cyprus ( Waggy would have scored more)
    He wasn't bad for Luton scoring 59 goals in just over 100 appearances. Went onto play for Newcastle where he famously managed to avoid touching the ball throughout the full 90 mins when the Mags reached the FA Cup Final in 1974 v Liverpool and got trounced. Some of that might be slightly exaggerated.
    They also discoved another player I wouldn't have minded at City at the time, Vic Halom. I recall Sunderland made more use of him.
    I once saw Rob Matthews score a lovely goal for City at Kenilworth Road one night game in front of the packed ( 200 of us) away end, it may well have been the winner too. Luton have a bar, almost underground in the away end, you have to really look to find it though.
    The ground is a **** hole and away fans enter through someone's front room, into the kitchen and then out into the back yard where there is a picket gate directly into the away end.
    The mens toilets of the above have one closet and standing room at the urinal for upto three people. footnote, take your own toilet paper.
    If you want a pint before the game find a pub in another town. We used to use the Conservative Club, just behind the main shopping street ( mainly kebab shops). It was £1 to get in and from the car park you had a clear view of the many surrounding mosques.Last time we went it was still smouldering having been torched to the ground the night before. Shame.
    Tommy Robinson supports Luton Town.
    A Town Called Malice by the Jam is supposed to be written about Luton, but I think Tommy Robinson started that rumour off.
    'A Town Called Malice' was actually spray painted across a bridge on the M1 just before the Luton turn off. It remained there for years and still may be there. It is about the only thing worth looking out for on a visit to this horrible little place.
    Dead rubber of a game so predicting 0-0.

10. TwoWrights

Still more Bedford trucks here than the whole of Portugal. :emoticon-0143-smirk

Ric Glasgow and Gone For A Walk like this.

11. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Yea, looks like a mistake Ernie.

TwoWrights and Gone For A Walk like this.
  12. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

Copy and paste is hardly taxing

TwoWrights likes this.
  13. TwoWrights

Tell that to Abu Hamza. :emoticon-0125-mmm:

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I guess a lot will depend on whether they rest players for the playoffs how the game might go.

15. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Isn’t it a serial ?!!

16. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

Remember going there in March 71, lost 3-1 Ken Houghton I think equalised,Malcolm McDonald scored, quagmire of a pitch Bill Baxter passed it back and it got stuck in the mud and they scored.
    Remember Eric being interviewed after the game.
    One of the sketches was about the Far East,
    What news of the Orient?
    They lost to Luton

Tickton Tiger. and TwoWrights like this.
  17. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Perfect example of a dead rubber...They can't move in the table and we can only drop one place, assuming Brizzle win or draw. Though a 11-0 City win and a Watford loss will see us move up a place. So in hindsight its all to play for!!!! Not

Draw 1-1 or 1-2 defeat.

18. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

My earliest recollection of us on MOtD, though we might have been on before that... Wolves away in about 67 or 68 seems to spring to mind...a 0-4 drubbing with Derek Dougan getting a trio of headers..Lanky git.

19. TwoWrights

Dougan went on to be a commentator,his best line was regarding Raddy Avramovic, ' great save by Avrom, Avrim, Avrom, the goalkeeper'. :emoticon-0143-smirk

The B&S Fanclub and Evington like this.
  20. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

The giant killing win in the FA Cup there in our great escape season was a laugh

Tickton Tiger. and TwoWrights like this.