1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mags embarrassing themselves yet again

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Flamin hot, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

The thing that makes me laugh is that we are hearing the same things we heard when Fat Mike bought them. Billionaire buyer, money no problem, invest in the club, blah, blah, blah. It's all pie in the sky anyway. Time will tell, but I can't see them losing Steve Bruce too quickly, so that's problem #1 for the camel jockeys...

ISOE II and smithy in nl like this.
  2. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

According to some Journo on Total Splurt last night, a £3M pay off for Bruce has already been offered by the new regime.

Bruce then tells the media that the new people didn't fancy him and walks into a new job £3M richer. Feckin criminal!

cumbrianmackem and clockstander like this.
  3. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

What EVERY Supporter wants.

Rich owners who will give them top players and trophies, and all without it costing the Fans a penny.

Yes I'm jealous.
    BUT
    I'd have reservations in the case of such blatant 'sports-washing'.
    But I could live with that, and the animosity I expect will come from most other jealous Fans,

rooch 3 likes this.
  4. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

Hahah. It's started already, Louis Saha has "gave his blessing" on a "dream". Stopped laughing at them now haven't they.

5. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

6. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Nowt to be jealous about, I believe when KLD gets us back to the premiership there will also be money available to make sure we compete, he’s not doing this for a laugh.<ok>

7. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

A question that’s probably been answered before but what are the Saudis buying for £300,000,000, I honest haven’t got a clue?

Nig and cumbrianmackem like this.
  8. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Who knows mate, Man City just carry on regardless of fines, sanctions, etc.

The game is ruined because money, and only big money, can get you to the top and keep you there.

Leicester will eventually falter because they'll never match the top clubs in income, image, etc.

It'll be interesting to see if Newcastle can buy their way to the top.

polyphemus and rb92 like this.
  9. ISOE II

ISOE II Well-Known Member

They may make the top 2 a top 3. They may win something but they’ll be hated and I have a feeling it won’t be a quick journey to top 3 and without incident. I’m sure our billionaire owners (and their friends) now know they will need to be on top of their game.

Bank of England 2 likes this.
  10. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

Ten years ago I’d have been more bothered than I am now. Thankfully I’ve diversified my interests into Rugby Union, Cricket and the NFL in that time. Don’t get me wrong I’m still Sunderland mad but I can at least go and watch Wasps this weekend and forget about football.

11. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

The HRMC debt possibly :emoticon-0100-smile.

rooch 3 likes this.
  12. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

Aww, Simon Jordan doing a U turn now.

13. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Newcastle United have successfully argued with the English FA over the fact that their new Saudi owners are complicit in human rights abuses after pointing out that their current owner is Mike Ashley.

14. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Not sure anyone gets the fiver.....but this is their take on it.

The camelshite is already hitting my mobile, as they crawl out from under their proverbial rocks. ****in bellends.

Newcastle United, Saudi Arabia and a futile pre-emptive plea
    Like this? forward it to your friends and they can sign up here

please log in to view this image

Newcastle United: for sale. Photograph: Lee Smith/Action Images/Reuters

Barry Glendenning
    @bglendenning

OUR PREDICTION: 4.57pm
    So imminent it may already have been signed and sealed by the time you’re reading this, Mike Ashley’s sale of Newcastle United to a Saudi Arabia-led consortium has provided grist to the mill of daily football emails so desperate for #content during the international break that Wednesday’s fun-filled epistle was about austerity, welfare cuts and Boris Johnson telling fibs at the Tory party conference. But with the Newcastle takeover the only show in town, today it behoves us to put such depressing pontifications on the back-burner and address far more cheery topics. Specifically, the reprehensible human rights abuses, torture, executions, state-sanctioned assassinations and bombings for which the Premier League club’s prospective new owners are responsible.

But first, a pre-emptive strike in an almost certainly futile bid to halt the inevitable whataboutery of Geordies who will of course complain that they alone are being picked on by the Fiver and Big Paper, while the moral shortcomings of owners of clubs like PSG, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Leicester and others go unremarked upon. They haven’t gone unremarked upon; they have been remarked upon repeatedly at great length and will continue to be remarked upon long into the future. The evidence is there, freely available and easily accessible on Big Website.

The Fiver | Gary Neville and a two-footed tackle on the UK government

Read more

The latest development in this ongoing, acrimonious saga came about when Saudi Arabia resolved its TV piracy row with Qatari network beIN Sports, and provided questionable assurances that the country’s Public Investment Fund (headed by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Salman), not Saudi Arabia (headed by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Salman) itself will be in charge of the day-to-day running of Newcastle. The same PIF, incidentally, that friend of the Fiver and Big Boy journalist Tariq Panja pointed out owns the airplanes in which members of a murder squad were flown to and from Istanbul in order to assassinate his New York Times colleague Jamal Khashoggi, before chopping him into tiny pieces with a bone saw. We can but presume the Premier League considered this a massive coincidence.

Fed up with seeing their club reduced to shuffling zombie status under the stewardship of the hated sports tat tycoon Mike Ashley, some Newcastle fans are prepared to look past the myriad moral shortcomings of the new regime of sports-washers, if it means replacing Ashley with somebody even more loathsome who might buy them expensive upgrades on Sean Longstaff and Matt Ritchie. Celebrating Ashley’s departure is all well and good, but actively cheerleading on behalf of a replacement responsible for far worse atrocities seems more than a little grim.

The Fiver gets it. We really do. Newcastle fans love their club and hordes of them have remained loyal to it through thick and an awful lot of recent thin. They are desperate for a change of ownership and have no say whatsoever in who gets to take over from Ashley. And if this desperation means being exploited as unpaid propagandists by a tyrannical regime trying to buff and polish its global image, then so be it. It would, however, be mildly reassuring if the only dilemma most Geordies find themselves grappling with now they’ve hit the jackpot, didn’t solely revolve around which £100m player to spend their winnings on first.

15. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

We also have to realise that man City, chelsea aren't suddenly skint, they can still pay astronomical wages, no matter how much money they have they will still struggle to sign the really top players.
    Any players they do sign they will be paying over the top for.
    I'm quite happy for them to go back to the glory days of the early 90s when they won, erm **** all.

smithy in nl likes this.
  16. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

<laugh> sports direct workers testify <laugh>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  17. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

well we never gonna catch them again now and now they gonna be more unbearable than ever

John Wick and Gil T Azell like this.
  18. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

19. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

They could never get worse mate.
    They are at the top of the game when it comes to annoying hypocritical ironic cùnts.
    Most are just too thick to see it.

There'll be loads of scruffy charva Meths shouting in the back streets of Newcastle now "we're rich, we're rich".
    But they aren't <laugh>

ISOE II, smithy in nl and Gil T Azell like this.
  20. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Ive been on nights last night and just woke up.
    Please tell me im still asleep and this is all a nightmare :emoticon-0107-sweat.

GeordieHalfbreed, Gil T Azell and Nig like this.