1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man City again. Doesn't get tougher.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Here we go again. Euphoria after a big win is sometimes followed by a Mogodon performance. Only good news is we play much better against attacking teams than Bus parkers.
    Much for the erratic Pochettino to ponder. Young attackers did well , so will we see them or Sterling? My guess is Sterling. No Enzo and we looked miles better. If fit reckon he'll play. Silva has been dreadful but did well last time, look for him again. Chilwell will replace the actually quite good Cucurella I think.
    So what will we get? a young ,exciting team or Pochs' usual suspects. Or a blend of each??
    God only knows. We would have to be at our absolute best to beat City, so hope we give it a go and don't resort to safety first which hasn't worked all season.

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

The Chuckle Brothers will be as one again, so as to take away the pressure from Mr Cool. Cuckoo and Chillers may well play together and it may work. Citeh and Bin dippers are on a downer, Citeh more so as the prize they were striving for was greater. I am looking at a 3-1 for "The Boy's in Royal Blue". If Sterling doesn't play we will win.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Only 3-1 ??? Well I'll be happy with that, but we did score 4 against them !! Seriously 1-0 would make me very happy and even 1-1 wouldn't have me jumping off a cliff !!

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Another wasted chance.That's Liverpool and Man City we had on the toaster only for the power to go off. I'm not blaming Jackson, he did what he always does, pretty well everything right except he can't hit the target. It's clear that his confidence is shot to pieces but, thanks to our owners ,we have no one else.There's a very good player there but as yet it's not as a striker. Positives?? Plenty sort of. Trevoh Chalobah is a cut above Disasi and Badashielle in talent and execution, but we will have to sell him to keep 2 players less good who cost more. Utter madness.Ditto Gallagher. We played very well, despite Enzo and Caseido and Gallagher in Pochs' midfield that's been ropey all season. Last game we were miles better but he changed it. Still we are able to go head to head with 2 of our top teams but lose because of dumb decisions or dumb mistakes. Comes with lack of experienced players to settle us and lack of a striker. Just like last 2 seasons. Will we ever learn?? Who knows.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Again, I find myself getting tired of repeating myself.
    The players were decent, just not clinical enough.
    City were there for the taking. One of the worst City performances in a long time.
    We should have been 2-0 up at half time.

Poch again, too late with the subs, Played Gallagher on the left. Chilwell and Sterling were horrendous.
    Any half decent team would have wrapped that up.

I just cant.
    One thing I will note, at full time, Silva is clearly upset, nearly in tears....Madueke is in the background laughing and joking with the City players.
    Perfect summation of legendary players like Silva and little immature ****bags like Madueke.
    How dare he try to grab the ball to take a penalty, when that is his attitude!

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Well spotted, it's now been well reported. You hit the nail on the head, professionals act like Silva, the Maduekes' of this world are more interested in their Tik Tok or Instagram images than their Team or team mates. All "look at me" I get 50Gs a week and play for fun.
    Poch needs to bring the hammer down and impose fines or punishments that dent their inflated egos publicly.