1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Man Utd vs Villa - You shall not pass!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Definitely need to try Antony on the left at some point. Garnacho showed last night that they should he played on the side that is their strongest foot.

We're never a million miles from a Rashford sulk so he can fill in then.

glazerfodder likes this.
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is again why I pin most of our issues on the manager. He has the players but has no idea how to get the best out of them. I have noted since last season that we lose a great deal of cohesion in the midfield by starting Antony on the right, yet the manager persistently played him there. The cutback tricks and looking for curlers were pointless cute tricks teams quickly figured out. What teams can't easily figure out is a dynamic class player who runs at them and can deliver a killer ball for the striker. We have had neither of those this year. That includes fielding players completely out of form, like Rashford et al. Those two choices alone killed the midfield whereby Bruno, a central midfielder, ended up being the only one that could cross the ball in.

I do not believe we need to buy a single player to win 65-70% of our games and stop losing every time we don't win.