1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester City vs. Arsenal 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Dec 17, 2016.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's been a bad week for sure. And if we end up at the end of the season in 3rd/4th people will say 'Oh I told you so'. But there's still a lot to play for this season. But we need to shape up fast, the second half of this game was a very worrying sign.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not making excuses for our ****e performance in the 2nd half, but I thought both City goals were contentious. The first was offside and the second could have been called offside with Silva interfering with play.

3. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you've only been 'supporting' The Arsenal for about 10 years.

Treble likes this.
  4. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

15 actually <ok>. Got into football when I was 6.

And anyway, so the **** what?

5. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Why was the ox changed? Didn't seem injured .... or?

6. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

More importantly than the loss in itself is the repeating pattern of being complacent,less focused,lethargic when we are comfortable in a match.It seems to be more and more an issue of culture and habit,had this squad with a perfect blend of youth and experience,performers and stars that had stayed together and grown for 3.5 years at the time of writing whilst winning two fa cups and being runners had been managed by one of Conte,Klopp,Simione,Pep or Allegiri we would have been far far better off.

It would be pointless to have suffered the banter years if we dnt make use of chances coming our way,we have bottled the title all of the last three years and should have won it last year..well its our main man's make or break season,i hope so...if he is a champion of either europe or england or is a runner up and semisfinalist along with the fa cup,he can get another contract...or we should move on even if we do not get a simione or allegiri,just for the sake of freshness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

You like accusing posters on here of being fairweather fans don't you? Do you think you're a 'better' fan than others?

8. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I think the first was just onside, the second one, David Silva for me was impeding Petr Cech's line of sight.

But the reason im not more upset about those goals, is because we genuinely did not play well; we did not remotely look like scoring second half, and the only consistency we had was that we gave the ball away.

The Magic Man likes this.
  9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Why is this season our main man's make or break season instead of any of the last five??

10. BrunelGooner

Considering 10 years back I was about 11 years old, I'm not exactly sure what point he's trying to prove with that post. If he was trying to take a dig at me by implying I'm a 'fairweather fan', it was a bizarre attempt.

11. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter what arsene Wenger does this season, even if he wins the treble, he has to go; he cannot stay here forever, and sooner or later there needs to be a change.

He has made far too many mistakes the last 5 years or so, for me. We HAVE to start thinking about the future, it's just time.

Quilllogic likes this.
  12. The Magic Man

Yes.

Treble likes this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Completely agree. We did nothing to deserve anything out of that game given our 2nd half performance. But the rules of the game should have ruled both of those goals out for offside.

Gary Neville made a dumb comment about that first city goal. Saying that given how poor we were in the 2nd half, it probably shouldn't have been given for offside. What the **** has that got to do with it ? It's either offside or not. And it was.

14. The Magic Man

I don't think it was, but either way we were very poor.

15. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

We started off well and then fell off a cliff in the second. This is not title challenging form and is VERY worrying considering we've got near full strength and are on form. We definitely have a mental issue that unless Wenger can miraculously cure, will end up for a top 4 battle again.

Very disappointing.

16. BrunelGooner

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder for some reason or other. Go see a therapist, I've heard it helps. Might help you with your longstanding inferiority complex <ok> May also help you stop being an arrogant **** as well.

Treble likes this.
  17. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

Blimey , you think the Titanic hit an iceberg . Where's your Dunkirk spirit , keep your pecker up , worse
    things can happen at sea . In a spirit of brotherhood my best wishes my old China's .

Chin up
    Sid

PINKIE likes this.
  18. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Wenger has come out with 3 separate excuses for our loss and should get a reprimand for his criticism of the referees. He doesn't get paid to make excuses but make changes to the team that matter so we win. I'm getting frankly fed up of them.

Quilllogic likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

As an outsider it does seem a bit of an inferiority complex. It's OK for Magic to post player ratings of -1 after one poor performance by Ozil (see his eearlier post), but if you criticise the performance you and @cini65 are fairweather fans. Go figure <doh>

BrunelGooner likes this.
  20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think he had a point about the offsides, but overall we were ****e and deserved to lose.

Anway, as I said earlier in the thread. It's been a bad week, but we shouldn't write this season off on the back of two games.