1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, May 12, 2024.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Read a piece from RVP this morning outlining the benefits of a no Europe, no distractions season - and IO have to agree. I would rather we miss out entirely and focus solely on the PL. More training time, more rest, and less injuries (hopefully). So with that in mind, this is our team playing for pride today -

Screenshot 2024-05-12 163545.png

Chief likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You could've just posted this on another thread.

Anyway, good thread would read again.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Didn't see the 1st half as had a cricket game on.

Got home for 2nd half, we looked ok but we have absolutely ****ing zero end product.

Nothing.

Garnacho, and Antony, and Amad and McTominay (and everyone else) need to be COACHED in what to do when they get near the opposition box. Booting it at the nearest defender is not the way forward, sorry.

I've given up on AWB, he's decent defender so maybe should he given a go at centre half, but he's ****ing clueless in attack.

Dalot is the other way round, ok going forward but no defender. Even then, his final ball is gash.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

When I heard Rooney say this about some of the injured players, I thought he's not wrong.

Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof, Varane, Martial. Guaranteed all of them, some have been milking it throughout the season.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Do you know what I don't get?

Why do these 'pundits' try to lay this all on Casemiro, all the time?

Casemiro, never ever once, ever, in his whole career a defender, but is slagged off every time United lose. For not being a defender.

As has been said above, how about giving some stick to those who are supposed to be actual defenders yet can't be ****ing arsed to play.

Lindelof? Varane?

Where the **** are that pair of bottlers?

cytrax and Treble like this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

They do it because it's United.

Not once today did any commentator (radio or TV) mention he's not a CB.

They're blatant haters and just want an excuse to give the bloke a verbal kicking bcos it paints the narrative United are a shambles. Don't get me wrong we are, but it's NOT bcos of Casemiro playing at CB ffs.

cytrax, Diego and glazerfodder like this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Shaw btw I have absolutely no doubt bottled a return to the team months ago.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, no doubt.

He'll stagger out in a few weeks, with his fat ****ing arse, 'fit' to play in the Euros for England.

****, basically.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Btw also let's add, Casemiro who isn't a CB was not dropped into a consistent back 4 next to Martinez. He was playing next to Evans, a CB way past his best and who had only played ONE league game in two months before returning in the game against Palace!

Diego and Chief like this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The club is structurally broken. But with off-field changes coming in place, those players will have no where to hide. Most of them are on their last big ever contracts which Ineos will never reconsider. They have really fked up!

This is a necessary end to a long era of unwarranted opulence in player wages which ironically bought us zero spirit and little integrity across the ranks.

Going forward, as fans, we should never say that we don’t care how much players earn as it isn’t our money. This was our attitude for too long. It has massive negative consequences on a team’s longevity.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Agree with a lot of that, but I don't think anyone's ever said that about players' earnings. I know I've said it about price tags though.

Diego likes this.