1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

she told me to ask my dad which ive just done dad:angel:

esteponawhite likes this.
  2. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Not too bad fella, time for a bit of payback for my west ham supporting mate who was sending me messages last night.<party>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Makemstine Roger

ha ha well done its enought to make Alf garnet turn in his grave What me Ammers got Turked bollocks.:1980_boogie_down::emoticon-0178-rock:

esteponawhite likes this.
  4. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

I might remind him how they started last year setting of like a missile and then crashing and burning like a zeppelin, just avoiding relegation.

5. Makemstine Roger

dont mind Ammer fans but they dont do stuffed right misrable twats when defeated. best of luck cheering them up, as if you would.:emoticon-0136-giggl

6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Jeez, you've really got it in for this lad. Is this an odd way of saying that Alioski lost 4 tackles? How many others had similar stats? How many others never got near the opposition to make a tackle?

No comparison, so I can only assume this is a hatchet job.

7. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Sorry, run that by me again. You are a supporter of another club and because you get more involved here you are more authentic. Really?

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Going through news articles and sharing snippets. He’s been poor at LB most of the season in many peoples eyes, I haven’t a problem if you disagree (which you obviously do).

9. Makemstine Roger

apologies accepted mate,who said anything about authentic not my words do i love Leeds yes. i apologise to you if i came over as boisterous as there was no smiley or any indication you were on anything other than a wind up., but there are a few on here who only see the bad side and not the good, so have a great evening it was a pleasure to meet you

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly this, no room for sentiment, they did a job in the Championship but we need better. I’d keep both as utility players and move Costa on myself

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

How can I agree/disagree if I have no comparisons to make? Now if you had to present similar stats for all of the scum match players, and they all had brilliant stats (then I wouldn't believe you <laugh>). Seriously though, there is no doubt you've done a hatchet job by being selective in the data you've presented. For all we know, Dallas might have missed 30 tackles, and Raphinha might have lost the ball 50 times! But how will we be able to get your point if you don't provide a comparison? My objection is to the hatchet job, not the player it's aimed at.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My reference to you disagreeing was in regards to feeling Alioski is a poor LB he can’t defend and it’s a very weak position.

I wasn’t selective with the data, it’s a news headline... On NewsNow, the headline actually reads “0 Tackles all day, Bielsa will be raging with pathetic Leeds ace who lost 67% of duels”.... I didn’t post the headline as I’d not call him pathetic. When I clicked the link to see who had zero tackles I expected it to be Phillips or Klich

https://www.footballfancast.com/lee...alry-premier-league-reaction-analysis-ratings

Editor: https://www.footballfancast.com/author/matt-dawson

13. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I wrote last night that Manure did a job on us last night, the Norwegian PE teacher out smarted Bielsa!!!
    Fernandes pulled Philips out of the way and they just steam rolled through the centre with ease, what I am surprised and annoyed with is that Bielsa did not pick up on this, and the so called captain (who incidentally I thought had one of his better games) did not tell him to do what Philips is good at and protect the back four, as he can and should see this first hand, did he?? no he didn’t, so what was the problem, is Cooper afraid to tell Bielsa man for msn marking wasn’t working and change, I think he is afraid and let’s be honest he has not got the best football brain for the PL.
    IF and I hope not!!!!! If Bielsa comes out and says he got it all wrong (which he has done before) and told everyone to man mark and wouldn’t change it then he should also think about his tenure at LS11, because the PL is one mighty big kitchen and the heat will rise as the season goes on.

14. Makemstine Roger

David could only defeat goliath once, once aware or his tactics Goliath would change his to suit and win.When we compare price for price in the prem of what quality they can purchase then everything averages out and you see for the worth of the club the standings are pretty close,As far as manager and tactics go we have one of the best and until more money is available battling on with the supporters united behind him is the only way forward

Club Owner(s) Estimated combined net worth
    Leeds United
    Andrea Radrizzani (90%) York Family (10%) $450M
    Leicester City The Srivaddhanaprabha Family $5.9B
    Liverpool (more information) Fenway Sports Group $2.7B
    Manchester City (more information) Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan $22B
    Rank 8
    Owner Glazer family
    Premier League club Manchester United
    Est. net worth (2020)
    $5bn
    TEAM VALUE
    $381M(£296M)Calculated May 2019

15. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

This is a piece from the mirror showing how much it has cost to assemble each of the 25 man first team squads

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 4.03.24 pm.png

This is a full listing of club values, Southampton and Leicester always seem to be able to punch above their weight.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 3.41.49 pm.png

It was interesting looking at the market value of Leeds that was also on the site. We have perhaps more to thank Cellino for than I would have anticipated.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 3.54.23 pm.png

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  16. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

I’ve now seen two people on here questioning whether Bielsa is right for the job <doh>

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No doubt about it, he is the right man for the job for the foreseeable future and I think Orta and Rads have underestimated the job in hand to push for a top 6.

We spent a lot of money this preseason and on reflection those seemingly huge sums don’t buy you that much. I think this season is about surviving and the next two will be pushing for a top half finish, I think top 6 is further away than Rads would like.

Im still hopeful that eventually we will be sold to someone who is filthy rich but it seems the route we’re likely to take will be the 49ers and although they might have the cash, Americans and PL teams leave me feeling cautiously fence sitting.

18. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

It’s not a case of squad value, it’s like the old saying “you can only piss with the cock you got” BUT both players are internationals and one of them has been quoted as being able to play in any team........ I think not, but that’s my opinion, who did not do a job on Sunday and were taken off, I think they were taken off as Bielsa knew the game was over at half time and save them for the busy Xmas period.