1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Martin Taylor - What does his future hold at the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Al the Hornet, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

2. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

I dont see the issue. We have 3 established CB's; Mapps, Tiny and Nos. We can bring Bennett through and then we are set. We have a balance between pace and strength, and we have cover for each. We just need to give the guy an extension and be done with it.

3. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

When's Taylor's contract until? I am sure he will stay if it goes beyond this season.

4. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

I don't know how well he's recovered from the injuries but he hasn't looked anything like as good as last year...short of pace, poor distribution and caught out of position at times. That said, experience counts for a lot at this level so we probably need to keep him, especially if Mapps goes...not on too long a contract though.

5. OxheyWFC

OxheyWFC Member

Footballs a funny old game!!!! As indeed how different we all see the same game.
    For me Tiny is a must if we loose Mapps this summer. pretty much 90% of his game is solid and he's working well with Nos! We need his strength, organisation and experience on board for next year, IMO!

6. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

A contract will definitely be offered, and I'd be stunned if he didn't accept. His indifferent form when he has been injury free is a cause for concern but not alarm, because even if he doesn't show the form of last season again, we could do a lot worse.

7. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

this :)

8. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

These are the sort of players we need in our squad to have that depth necessary to compete. He certainly looks to have struggled at times since coming back from the injury, but with a good break and pre-season, he should be back to last seasons form and fitness.

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

10. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

I would hate to see McGinn walk away<yikes> Hopefully the club have their finger on the pulse and working with him to get him to sign another contract! I know we have stuck by him over the last year, but that does not mean a thing these days!

11. emiatss

emiatss Member

I fully envisage Taylor and McGinn to sign new contracts. Taylor has played solidly since his return for injury, and I think that Mariappa will be out the door this summer. McGinn should sign a new contract purely out of us helping to treat him, will be a real slap in the face if he decided to walk away. As an agent how do you advertise a player who hasn't played for a year???

12. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc Member

Bit of a lose lose situation to me. If Tiny signs this new contract then Dale will probably want to leave as he's been a squad player for too long now, and that'd be a big shame from my point of view as I rate him. But then If he doesn't sign this new contract he might be sold on the cheap and we would have to go out and sign a new player as Mapps is probably going.

13. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

I'd like him to stay as an experienced defender.

14. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member