1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Massive Weekend

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, May 14, 2021.

1. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

TAXI !!

2. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-16_13-48-21.png
    Come on palace!

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Leeds have now got the same number of wins as Spurs, Everton and Arsenal with the nearest to us being Villa on just 14 wins. Poor old Villa are still 4 points behind us.

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

After veeelaaa losing we are easily in tenth. But eighth spot is up for grabs.

5. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

One more win and Villa can't catch us:D

6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Leicester have done fantastically well but are a well established top 6 team now, have been since they won it , they've sold at good prices and spent it wisely,are being run well by an owner that loves the club, but not sure their achievement can be compared to how well we think we've done this season, mainly with a group of players some of our lot thought (not so much on here but Leeds fans everywhere) weren't up to it in the championship let alone in the PL. A better comparison is the blunts, we're 1 point and 1 place where Sheff Utd finished last season with a 0 goal difference, we've got 2 games to go to beat or match that, they did remarkedly well which folk applauded, but the hatred of Leeds comes to head when we do the same sort of job, we're getting above our station etc etc...let us enjoy what we've done thanks, we have enough of our own miserable ****ers to deal with when it doesn't quite go right.

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

You do realise that the abbreviated 'transfer' term you use puts some of our number in a rather awkward situation if they're in company.

Can you imagine having to do a trouser adjustment if you're having afternoon tea with your gran & aunties. <yikes>

Those not in company will have a different approach, no doubt. <whistle>

Perhaps OLOF could offer them a crusty sock? <yikes>

8. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Can't see us getting 8th but Arsenal have tough games against Brighton and Palace so maybe a chance to jump them.

leeds down south likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

You know nothing about our season and the injuries we have had. Now at full strength showing how good we are. So do a bit of research before you offer your half arrrsed opinion.

10. wakeybreakyheart

I will pay.

11. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

They sure did.

It was great timing too, because whoever was commentating was gushing about the fact that fans are in the stadium and isn't it great not having to play artificial sounds, just as the players took the knee and the booing started. It couldn't have been scripted any better.

FORZA LEEDS, wakeybreakyheart and Doc like this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

You would have heard me i find it so false. Anyone calls me a racist i will woop their black ass. <laugh>:afro:

FORZA LEEDS and ellandback like this.
  13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Have you landed from a great height on your head recently?

On course? 2 games remaining to get the 1 point to match them? With our 2 opponents quite some way below us?

The blunts finished 45 points behind the champions last season. The worst we'll finish is 36 points behind the champions, but it could be as little as 30.

The blunts scored 39 last season. We've scored 57. So far.

Pundits were surprised last season be the blunts. But only surprised. Leeds have blown them away this season. Even the many that hate us.

Wilder will now be forgotten in the football world. Bielsa is already a God who will NEVER be forgotten - by any fan who's ever watched us play.

Then again, Sunderland fans who are hoping to get released from their dungeon can only focus on that. Football clearly doesn't matter to them - only the forlorn hope that they can re-capture the pathetically low esteem they've managed to muster over the last decades.

14. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Not to worry we don’t compare ourselves with Sheffield United

15. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

I’ll take him up in my car for free
    But will wear a face nappy if that’s ok

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  16. Football Dinosaur

Football Dinosaur Well-Known Member

Everone has injuries though. Leicester lost Evans withing 25 mins yesterday and have had to put up with losing players all season, key players at that. My team has had no defence for the entire season really so can sympathise with you there. Theres no doubt Leeds have been very good this season, they're big enough for the premier league and its good to see them playing the way they are..... but team of the season? Really?

17. Football Dinosaur

I wouldnt' think your getting above your station. You won the league in 90's so history is there. Your hated inb the main because of the way you "played" in your glory years of the 70's and is why your referred to as Dirty Leeds by many. The current side could make that history just that.... history and change perceptions. I personally think you've had a lot of positive press nationally. Mind most London centric media will focus on the same clubs, its the way they're set up sadly.

18. Football Dinosaur

No your right I've not seen any Premier league football on TV every week!!! :headbang:

19. Football Dinosaur

I was aware before posting that you'd bring up league position. Your clearly forgetting where you've been for the past 20 years!!!! Your also sounding like mags with the bigging up of the manager and slagging off United's for not being a big name. Weilder hadn't failed until this season, I personally think it'd be very interesting to see how his career develops. He'll either get back up to premier level or disapear to lower league. No one knows for sure right now though.

Bielsa has been great for the premier league, I wanted him for us when he was at Bilbao but that never happened. At his age though (and with his history) you can't expect him to stay for very long. Be interesting to see how Leeds develop if/when he goes. Would like to think you grow the club as a whole, develop youth and keep improving. You know as well as we do though that your only a few bad decisions from a decade or two out of the top flight!

20. Football Dinosaur

Not next year no. Best not to get too big headed though. Many's that big club that got ahead of itself. We bith supprt one that made bad decisions and got caught out!