1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Looks like it is David Coote refereeing on Sunday. He last officiated the 2-1 win over Chelsea this season sending off their new guy. We were also fined for surrounding the referee. I remember looking back on the video and it didn't look too bad this "surrounding" but anyway from memory he didn't do too bad a job that night.

I think we'll give them a good game, I'd be more confident if Palhinha was playing and we need to play better than we did against Brentford.

2whitestripes likes this.
  2. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Bit of a drubbing from Arsenal - but they are a great side. I saw the second half and thought we made more of a fist of it and on another day could have scored a couple of goals. On the bright side I think we have an easy run in and it would be great to get a result at Old Trafford - if Southampton can, we must be in with a shout.

Fulham COYW and 2whitestripes like this.
  3. Fulham COYW

We were not at our best v Brenford or Arsenal. Against Man Utd I think we have a reasonable chance. Palhinha is well rested and he makes a massive difference to the team. Hopefully we might have Willian back also.

We've got to go for this.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Thankfully you did have Willian back for this one. <whistle>

5. Fulham COYW

That is one player I don't blame for yesterday's defeat. I don't think there was much he could have done to get his hands away from the ball so for me it was an unfortunate penalty. The next two minutes were incredulous.

Can't really defend any of the actions of Silva and Mitro but I would say that the media seem to be going well over board on this. From never hearing about Fulham on TV and radio it's on every time I switch on. The game is emotional, players, managers, supporters care, yes Mitro went too far and should be punished but its got to be measured and proportionate. Six month bans etc is ridiculous talk, nobody died.

Treble likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I can only recall Di Canio's ban of 5 matches which imho was worse than Mitro. I don't see why it should be any more than 3/4 games (or at least until after we play you next lol). I was listening to the radio and they're talking about ban to end of season which is bollox.

I disagree about Willian, I think he knew what he was doing. But so did Shaw when he shoved Mitro in the box tbf. Which I'm sure had Mitro vexed along with previous history i.e. the West Ham game...but that I think was stoked by Silva which wasn't good management.

You were in control, yeh we would've equalised but there's no doubt we got lucky with what happened.

Palhinha btw, quality player. And I like the lad Robinson from the few games I've seen him in.

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

From the away end at OT it looked like it had hit Willian's knee, so I suspect both Silva and Mitro saw it that way from distance too, as did the Ref Kavanagh initially before going to the Monitor. It wasn't an obvious handball (like a full dive to stop the ball going in), more Willian missing contact with his knee and the ball hitting his hand. You can't argue with the Red cards but .....

It was 90 seconds of madness and we do have previous with Chris Kavanagh this season who Reffed the West Ham (A) game and gave all 3 controversial goals to West Ham. Not to mention last season away at Preston allowed the Ched Evans handball goal after it showed that 2 Preston players had handled the ball on it's way into the net. Kavanaghs only refereed 4 Fulham games over 2 seasons but 3 have been controversial.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  8. Super Brian McBride

Tough game coming up against Bournemouth, missing Mitro and Willian, I suspect if everyone has come back injury free that Solomon will be in for Willian and Vinicius in for Mitro.
    Will Bobby Decordova Reid or Wilson get the shout on the right side. BDR must be buzzing after his goal in Mexico.
    Let's hope we can bounce back after the Old Trafford saga. So far Mitro has 3 game ban that could be added too. Willian out for 1 game, and Silva yet to have his fate decided ( maybe today we'll find out ), the Premier are dragging their heels but I suspect the Internationals got in the way.

9. Fulham COYW

All went horribly wrong in the 2nd half. So frustrating after such a good 1st half. Struggling to understand what went wrong.

At least we will have Willian back next game.

10. Super Brian McBride

Should have taken the chances in the first half, so gave Bournemouth the momentum to come back at us.

8 Game ban for Mitro is OTT I was hoping 6 games, back for the Southampton away game, but is a chance to let either Vinicius have a run out then to experiment with youth.

11. Super Brian McBride

695 Passes by Fulham, their most all season, but this game against West Hand United reminded me of the days of Parkerball. Lots of possession going nowhere with little end product. Everything going down the wings with over hit crosses.
    We need someone to break the lines and cause panic in defences, a bit like Fabio Carvalho did.

12. Fulham COYW

Much better today. I did wonder when I saw James leading the line but we've finally got to the 42 point mark and back on winning ways.

Everton away used to be a bogie fixture but that's two wins there now on the trot. Everton though were very poor once we scored the 2nd. Great result.

13. Super Brian McBride

When we play teams that are struggling down the bottom Fulham need to knock their confidence, when Everton equalised they sparked into life but when we scored the second you could see the confidence drain from them and the crowd went quiet. It happened to us when we were struggling against relegation, if a team gets a second goal it deflates you as you have to climb the mountain again and normally teams down the bottom aren't scoring more than 1 goal a game..

14. Super Brian McBride

First half against Leeds it was looking to be a repeat of the West Ham game, all huff and puff but no end product.
    Second half we controlled the game and got the break through.
    Leeds kept trying to press us but weren't very good at it. You could see they were trying to rough us up, to disrupt our flow.
    Next 3 games against Villa away, Man City home and Liverpool away are going to be tough but think the last 2 wins have given us back a bit of confidence.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  15. Fulham COYW

I don't think we were at our best yesterday v Leeds, the game was a bit scappy at times but we were the deserved winners. The next 3 games will as you say be tough. Villa are transformed from the team we beat 3 nil at Craven Cottage. It's amazing what a good manager can do with basically the same players cus they were awful that night.

Willian against Leeds was just fantastic. Hope he has the same energy on Tuesday v Villa as he is such a player.

16. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

A hard game today and defeat to Man C, but worst of all is Tim is out for the season with a broken arm, and Andreas injury looks serious too.
    We had 2 penalty shouts, both of which, on another day, or top 6, would have been given.
    Not so bad against one of the very best sides in the world today, but those injuries, hurt.

17. Fulham COYW

Agree, we paid dearly in injuries today. We gave Man City a tough game and I felt did enough to deserve a point, 100% effort and really proud of the team. MOTD highlights for me didn't reflect how the game played out but hey ho.

Man City fans are an odd lot, top of the league and yet so quiet for most of the game. They suddenly came alive 5 mins before the end of the game.

18. Super Brian McBride

Another controversial winner given against us at Anfield. Another good performance by the team considering injuries and suspensions, unlucky not to come away with a point. Alisson saved them in the 2nd half.
    Diop needs to get a tennis ball and practice with his left foot knocking up against a wall and controlling it. he's not comfortable with his left foot.

19. Super Brian McBride

Good to see Micky Adams turn up for his Forever Fulham Trophy. Seemed quite emotional when walking round taking the applause of the crowd.
    https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/may/09/forever-fulham--micky-adams/

Leicester was one of those games where the xG stats were bonkers, according to them Fulham should have lost the game.
    Yet when watching the game, it didn't seem Leicester really worried us till the last 10 minutes when the subs had been made and we let in some weak goals.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  20. Super Brian McBride

Palace was a game we let slip through our hands. It was a good game by both teams without too much to play for, but again sloppy defending for the Palace second goal from a Palace freekick that should never have been given. Fulham lost their rhythm when Marco made late substitutions, none of which made an impact on the game.
    As usual MOTD never showed a penalty appeal we had in the 1st half, I've seen them given and wanted to know why this one wasn't.
    Cunning sod Old Roy had us kick towards the Hammersmith in the 1st half, and his team were all elbows in our faces, Mitro, Wilson & Reed all suffered from elbows in the face. that the Ref did nothing about.
    On to United to try to get the points to max out our season for our best ever season in the Premier.

Fulham COYW and 2whitestripes like this.