1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread ° Wycombe vs. Colchester ° 10/03/2012 15:00 @ Adams Park

Discussion in 'Colchester' started by colu_mike7, Mar 7, 2012.

1. monarch

monarch Member

Points shared. Good result for us, not so good for you.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Monarch. It's better than the 0 points I was expecting, after your victory over Charlton.

PS I notice you aren't interested in a bit of the other.

3. nd_wwfc75

nd_wwfc75 Member

Very even game. Colchester just edged the 1st half I thought but we finished strongly, racking up a load of corners towards the end of the match. I though Eastmond was excellent as the sitting midfielder, calm and assured on the ball. Bloomfield was also impressive with an all action performance. A draw about right.

Good to get a clean sheet too.

4. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

would argue we deserved the game - colchester had a 20 minuete strong spell but we were over them for the rest of the game. howeer a point is better than nothing, and waddock showed some things never change, no subs made at all!

5. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Oh ye of little faith - you've got The Ginger Pele at the heart of it now Rocky...<laugh>

No, honestly, we didn't make that name up.

6. Bicester Blue

Bicester Blue Member

An even game with very few chances, neither side did enough to deserve the win, although Wycombe were the stronger side in the last 20 mins. Pleased to get the point, as we seem to usually lose the tight ones at home, eg Charlton, Stevenage and Bournemouth.

7. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>pele did you spell that wrong was it meant to be peel ,how did your lot lose at home to col u tewkes

8. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Great call Rocky <laugh>

Nice to see you get 4 points from the last 2 games though.

Looking at your remaining fixtures you don't need to think of this week as the start of the survival campaign though. Could be a case of too little, too late but at best I think you might get 4 -6 more points with the games against Bury, Exeter, Chesterfield & Oldham - beyond those games (and perhaps including some of them) I can see you losing every game as they are nearly all looking to make at least a play off place!

9. aylesburyblue

aylesburyblue Member

Dont give Rocky too hard a time Thai. I think i said before the game "i cant call the result, but the one thing it wont be is goalless". As for staying up i probably gave up on that after the Walsall game, but strangely we are playing a darn sight better than for most of the season and could upset the odds on a couple of those games.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

11. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Will be great if you can and give yourselves a fighting chance of staying up <ok>

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thai, it would be fantastic. I'm really willing the team to do it. It's not inconceivable but so many times we've been given hope and then let down by a gutless display that I can't let myself get too optimistic.

13. aylesburyblue

aylesburyblue Member

Cheers Thai as i said i dont know about staying up but we might well b*gger up someone elses chance of a play off :emoticon-0116-evilg

saying that If we do stay up i might well change my daughters first name to garywaddock....

14. colu_mike7

colu_mike7 Active Member

Frustrating game, but 0-0 was the probably the right result in the end.

Typical Chavboy&#8217;s taking Martin Rowlands out on purpose, McCoy blatantly should&#8217;ve been sent off for such a cynical act of thuggery.

15. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

agreed mike the draw was probably the right result

16. gravey5174

gravey5174 Member

Draw completely right result.

Neither team did enough in the final third, both had decent possession and play in each others final third without ever making either keeper do anything above routine.

Thought eastmond had a good game kept good composure and passed it well, col u looked like a typical john ward side, compact, organised and efficient but offensively i thought were nothing.

Having said that the wycombe defence looked ok for a change, no great big last ditch tackling a look of more organisation about it.

A few minor points of complaint. When will winfield pick up the big man????

The referee i'm sure had a yellow shirt on the number of free kicks given away in our final third must have been nearing double figures.

And waddock, you have convinced me more than ever that you are not the man for the job. After a 20 minute spell at the start of the second half were we couldn't string two passes together and col u were in the ascendancy we were getting decent play down both wings, yet on both wings were makeshift wide players in strevens and bloomfield, and throughout this time mcnamee was on the bench - an out and out wide player with pace. Now i'm not saying mcnamee would have provided anything inspirational he is hit and miss after all but he's a natural wide player would have given more width and pace against a tiring backline. Yet though all of this no subs were made at all.

I would love to say that we have a chance and on paper and points we do but Waddock you have to be more pro active.