1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match thread: Watford - Huddersfield Town

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Golden Gordon

Golden Gordon Well-Known Member

Looking forward to hearing from the troops at the front. One of those games where they'll be saying " I was there when..." I suspect.

2. Saxet

Saxet Well-Known Member

Can you bring me back some Blackjacks and Fruit Salad sweets Brian ??

Good result. Can't wait for a game where we completely dominate - it could be a cricket score.

3. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

sure np are you in the uk or us ?

4. Saxet

Saxet Well-Known Member

I am in the badlands of deep south Texas.

I was just kidding about the sweets. I can usually get the essentials like Irn-Bru, Marmite and Galaxy chocolate over here. But the more unusual stuff requires a trip up to Dallas.

5. Bloother

Bloother Well-Known Member

Just got back. Phew!!! We struggled with Huddersfield's direct style, but great resilience at the end. No surprise there was a red card, far too many soft yellows (for both teams) and the crowd did the team proud. Real 'hairs standing on the back of my neck' stuff at the end.

PHEW!!

6. brian_66_usa

its no biggie i plan to go back twice a year and i travel very light so if you like any thing watford or other things just ask i can always say no lol (im in greenville sc)

7. tworossjenkins

Oustanding! One of the best games!
    Crowd were great. Sending off was for 2 stupid tackles that were not needed. Great team effort. It was like we parked the bus - not often seen at the Vic. 4th goal sealed it. Well done boys!!

In other news Luther as announcer was pretty embarrassing and nearly forgot a sub. Rumours are that Pozzos had Galli lined up, but then we keep winning so who knows.

8. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When the GT lower joins in the singing with 10 minutes to go you know there's a match on. The analysis can wait - what a game and what an atmosphere. Great stuff and you cannot fault the spirit of this team. They gave it everything after the sending off.

9. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

thanks guys.. sounds like a great afternoon..:)

10. Golden Gordon

Golden Gordon Well-Known Member

Can the Beeb find 30 seconds to show tonight, I wonder?

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Huddersfield home games always bring back a memory for me - We were in the 4th division and it was Mike Keen's last game and we had two players unjustly sent off - but went on to win 2-0 - the crowd that day were noisier than I think I have ever known them

12. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well overall it was a cracking game (unless your a defensive coach) and so glad we managed to pull the 3 points out of the bag.

Tamas is having a mare for the moment - with his experience he should know better.

We actually looked more solid when Hoban came on.

TBH The game could have been over inside 30 minutes but Deeney and co missed some good chances beside his goal.

Nice to see Abdi chip in and show real composure at the end.

Excellent support and the sort of game we'll look back on IF promotion does happen.

13. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

More than likely - but they'll focus on Tamas' two yellows....

14. Bloother

Rumours around me today suggest that this may have been Beppe's last game. It's not about results it's about the dressing room.

I have some sympathy for Tamas, not sure the first was a yellow and I'd have Hoban for Ekstrand. Interesting to see where Cathcart fits in.

I'm also expecting McGugan to go out on loan.

15. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

will bs stay now then?

16. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

**** YES!!!!!!!! That was incredible. What a rollercoaster of a game! One minute we are on top and looking like free scoring, then pegged back, then another goal, then a mistake and pegged back again. Then the sending off and thinking thats game over. Then to score two goals with 10 men is just crazy.

The atmosphere at the end was the best since 'that' game against Leicester. Well done to the entire Rookery!

17. Bloother

If you believe the rumours, it's not about results. So...maybe.

18. Roger68

Roger68 Active Member

An incredibly exciting and entertaining match. In truth we could have had this sewn up by half-time had Anya taken his chances, but we didn't , which left it open for Huddersfield to come back at us and give us a real scare. Outstanding performances from Deeney and Abdi--but we do defend too deep at times, conceding space in front of the penalty box, from where teams can launch shots or build up dangerous positions. We do look like we can score a lot of goals though--which we may need to do, to overcome defensive lapses. Now Hoban will be back in defence for at least the next three games, which might be a good thing (though he was poor on Tuesday). Sannino looks like he is homing in on his "best starting eleven" --it does not seem to include Vydra or Dyer....It was vital to get a good points haul from these opening games, which look "easier" than the games coming up in late Oct/November. We have done that--very good!

19. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

Is Gabriel Tamas a liability? He has a self goal, a penalty in the last game and now he was dismissed.

20. brian_66_usa

when was the last time we had a player sent off and we then go on and win the game? the problem we have is the coach tells the club the type of player he wants then they go and get him? so the players are not his pick . has any club sack a manager for being 2OND in there league , because he is not liked ,he may not be the best manager but its the results or is it ?