1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Maya Yoshida speaks out

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Dec 27, 2017.

1. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

What do people make of this? Seems a fair assessment to me.

Maya seems to be fronting up a lot lately. He isn't one of our better players but I really do like his commitment and honesty.

---

"Yes, we can't pass on responsibility to anyone else - to the manager, team-mates, the club. That's easy.

"Everyone has to take responsibility. Claude Puel was fired last season because the club wasn't satisfied. But the situation is even worse now.

"So just sacking the manager is clearly not always the best choice. But it is not my decision, it is a club decision."

"Does the attitude need to improve? I would say yes," Yoshida said. "I think it is a really difficult situation for Southampton, we cannot play like this. The game became too open. We need to get organised."

Full interview: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...on-under-mauricio-pellegrino-than-claude-puel

2. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

That’s very worrying to be honest. One of our longest serving players calling the attitude in the dressing room wrong?

What’s going on!?

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  3. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Yeah, I posted this in the matchday thread. Yoshida is pissed.

4. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Yoshida is a good, honest pro, who puts in a shift every game.
    We need another one or two players to step up and be vocal on the pitch, because we seriously lack leadership.
    I would be happy for at least one of the rumoured “close” signings to be someone who will kick ass.

fatletiss likes this.
  5. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

Raises worrying questions for me...

He’s always been a model pro and this brutally honest interview does nothing to support MoPel at all. He clearly got on OK with Puel, but to talk of such a lack of footballing ability in the same breath as supporting the manager seems odd to me.

Although he’s never been an elite player, under Claude he became less accident prone but under MoPel this has crept back in alongside previously reliable players like Romeu not marking Kane the other day.

We know there is some dissent in the changing rooms, a large part been removed today thank god, but if quiet players like Yoshi start speaking out, it snacks of desperation to me.