1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Maybe a local Egyptian could help out a local woman's plight in Egypt

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Ullofaman, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Tramadol is legal in Britain although users must have a prescription due to its high potency, but it is illegal in Egypt and it is known to be used as a heroin substitute.

Plummer visits her Egyptian husband, who suffers back pain since having an accident, two to four times a year.

290 tablets!!! Seems pretty obvious she knew what she was doing.

3. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I doubt it it isn' t tax offset beneficial.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  4. Trau Morgus

Trau Morgus Well-Known Member

Why not use quotation marks when you're quoting stuff? So we can differentiate those from your personal drivel?

And why not quote the whole article instead of cherry picking?

290 tabs is not a large amount in the circumstances. Someone I know takes tramadol 3-4 times a day for a bad back. So they take around 270 every 3 months.

This woman visits Egypt 2-4 times a year, so lets say she visits 4 times and her husband needs 3 tabs a day. That equals around 270 tabs. Seems reasonable.

She could be guilty of offences, or maybe not. We don't know. But don't make assumptions just because the OP had an anti(ish) Allam tone to his thread title.

HebridesTiger likes this.
  5. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Whose pills are they? They’re prescription only, if he’s in Egypt who are they prescribed for?

balkan tiger likes this.
  6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Your right, I have come out here for 6 months and brought with me 3 months of prescription medication I need. Non of it pain killer, but certainly 300 tablets +, so quite feasible.

7. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

More questions than answers.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I have an unlimited supply of prescription pain killers, due to my pancreas failing and it being exceptionally painful and I've had periods when I've been getting through double that amount.

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Personal drivel!! Silly ****. Don't make assumptions he says, then makes assumptions.
    It's my opinion she's a silly cow and is smuggling painkillers in for her husband to either use or sell.
    Do you think her Egyptian husband might know what's allowed and what isn't?? Can't wait to see you love and don't forget to bring me 290 tramadol thersa love.

Our kid asked for hp sauce off his mrs when he was working abroad.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

From the hdm. Wait it's not even her husband, the drugs were for him. She got them off a colleague. No nothing to see here, all above board...

"She doesn't even look like herself. She couldn't speak properly and was wearing the clothes she travelled in.

"She can't stay in there any longer or she will be murdered or kill herself."

Ms Synclair said that Laura met her boyfriend Omar, who is married to an Egyptian woman and has children, four years ago while she was on holiday.

He was part of the entertainment team at Laura's hotel complex and the pair quickly fell in love.

She travels abroad to see Omar up to four times a year and according to Ms Synclair, the Egyptian has suffered from severe back and arm pain after a car crash two years ago."
    Laura was given the tramadol to take to Egypt by a colleague at work but never realised she would be held of drug trafficking charges.

"Laura is really naive and child-like so she didn't even check what the drugs were," Ms Synclair said. "She lives at home with our mum in a small room with a single bed - she is the last person this sort of thing would happen to."

11. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Some answers there Chazz and a few more questions.

Edit. according to another paper the family paid 10,000 pounds to two men who turned up at her cell claiming to be lawyers who could make it all go away.
    Her mother has been out there twice already to visit her, just how long ago did she get locked up?

12. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Obviously, we don’t know the full picture.

But it sounds like she’s struggling and for what she’s said to have done, by this country's standards, isn’t deserving of what seems to happening to her and her family.

So, on this basis, I feel sorry for her/them. Hope it gets resolved immediately.

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't give a **** if it's against the rules. They're on about killing some tourist for carrying painkillers. That's ****ing horrific.

londontiger and Kempton like this.
  14. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Tramadol is horrible stuff. It's also a schedule 3 controlled drug.

Not the sort of thing you should be getting large amounts of off a colleague.

It's all a bit dodgy.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  15. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I don't wanna alarm you John but you're gonna run out early new year.

16. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

First up, she's British, so why isn't this thread called "maybe a local Brit could help out a local womans plight in Egypt"?

Second up, I guess we only have to expect people respect and fit in with our culture and laws, and this doesn't apply to other countries, unless of course they follow our cultures and laws?

17. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I have supplies arranged.

Ernie Shackleton likes this.
  18. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Chazz bringing them out to you wearing an Ehab mask, with the drugs hidden inside 300 stress balls?

19. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Alternatively...

Ehab bringing them out wearing a Chazz mask, with the drugs hidden inside a pair of comfee slax accommodating-pants-for-the-larger-gentleman equipped with a false posterior and cod-piece set? He'd get the whole prescription in there with room for any additional 'extras' if required.

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If their culture and laws involve killing people visiting their country for carrying a particular substance then they're backward as **** and deserve none of our respect. Yes, even if it's an m word country.