1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McGeady gone (official).

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think it was yeah, it was definitely against United. At the time I thought it heralded a glorious era of golden performances from Rodwell fulfilling his potential as a top class goal scoring box to box midfielder.

Wasn't quite right about that. Turned out that was the one and only good thing he did for the millions we paid him.

2. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

Me too. Away at Hull he got the header that gave us a point. At that time I thought he might turn it around

Saf likes this.
  3. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Can’t say I’ve ever tried to impress a bird by dragging her along to the SOL so fair play on that one.

Yeah it was the Man Utd game I was referring too. It was a canny header and drew us level, I think. I thought he’d really kick on after that game but sadly it never happened.

4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I never realised he’d scored another goal. We are making him sound quite good here :emoticon-0107-sweat

Sheep Farmer likes this.
  5. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

TBF I think it actually went in off his arm.

6. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

I live 300 mile away from the SOL, so we flew to Newcastle airport from Heathrow, had a nice meal, a few drinks, and the match the next day.

I used to take her to a few games with me when we were in the premier league, and make a weekend of it, but I wouldn't cart her round these league one grounds haha.

Back to Rodwell, Man City must have rubbed their hands together when our bid came in. If the transfer market was the same as today's market, we would have paid around £30 million for him.

Scary.

Blyth_bucaneer likes this.
  7. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

When I first met mine many moons ago, I had the hindsight to take her when it was fking baltic, worked a treat. I could see her tremors of fear when I asked her to accompany me to future games. Anyhoo, not all bad, as she pushed me around London in a wheelchair last time we played millwall when I had had the misfortune of breaking a leg.
    What a fking woman, gold dust.

8. Hamish 1973

Hamish 1973 Well-Known Member

Bye bye burger boy