1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McManaman or De Jong?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Blue harvest, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

Just wondering which tackle people thought was worse McManaman on Haidara or De Jong on Ben Arfa?

They are the two that spring to mind as shocking tackles that our players have been on the end of in recent times. Any body think of any that have been worse?

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

yesterday's was worse IMHO

3. Boa

Boa Active Member

yesterday was one of the worst I've ever seen - no free kick

regardlesss leg breaking tackles are ok if your wearing black and white - de jong no free kick was even given ffs.

Gouffran almost got his leg broken not long ago and we did't get a free kick for that either

Seroius we need to get a massive coimplaint in to protect our players

4. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace
    Forum Moderator

De Jong is more of a malicious thug and clearly set out to 'get' Benni and take him out of the game.

The one yesterday was a far more reckless rush of blood and actually looked more dangerous as there was zero control.

While Martinez 'might' be right about McManaman's overall temperament (can't say I know enough to may a judgement), there is absolutely no excuse in trying to disguise it as genuine challenge. The fact he has said the FA shouldn't punish him because he got the ball first (which is itself very dubious) is an utter disgrace. Martinez has really embarrassed himself there.

5. Boa

Boa Active Member

no he isn't righ!!! he's little radgy and always has been

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Harsh tackle, will 100% end up with a retrospective ban. Hopefully around 12 games but knowing the FA, the standard 3 will probably be the order of the day.

United exited the Champions League for less, refereeing has everything to gain and nothing to lose by having video evidence. The sooner Blatter ****s off and is replaced by somebody who knows how to use an iPad the better for the fairness of the game.

Why is everything apart from football being allowed to naturally evolve?

I don't think a retrospective ban will help Newcastle, of course you should be allowed to take Wigan to court to get them to foot your injured player's wage and medical expenses, if anything it would shut Davey Whelan up the smug prat.

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Easily yesterday which is saying something given the force De Jong went in with and intent. But yesterday was an absolute horror tackle. I rarely wish ill on an individual regardless, but I truly hope someone snaps McManaman in two.

8. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree 100% with this.

9. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Because the ****ing German stick in the mud bastard isn't bright enough to master how to use an iPad and want's to stay in the past where he felt he had more power and was more confident.

10. Warmir Pouchov

I thought he was Swiss? <laugh>

11. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Born on the wrong side of the fence?

12. Warmir Pouchov

Born sitting on the fence - world experts in laundering peoples dirty cash. Says it all about him really doesn't it.

13. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Can you imagine midfield with these two and Roy Keane in it? Tbh I'd say De Jong's was more deliberate but Mcmanaman's was by far worse.

14. Boa

Boa Active Member

I bet you all a tenner Tiote sees red at Citeh for next to nothing.

15. 2SilverSeahorses

2SilverSeahorses Active Member

Yesterday's was worse. I seem to recall De Jong's scissor challenge at least looking on the face of it more like a hard tackle gone wrong &#8211; almost like a freakish tangle.

Callum McManaman's was in my view completely intentional, perhaps not premeditated, but in that moment wreckless and yeah, malicious.
    He's a young kid making his debut yeah, but he's old enough and experienced enough as a player to know what that kind of challenge is likely to do.

His whole motion is geared to a straight-on, stud-high flying kick which bears no resemblance for someone trying to win or obtain that ball.
    If he was honestly going for it, he would be shaped to sweep or drag the ball away from Haidara &#8211; not go through and down on the ball towards the opponent.

Winning the ball that way without taking down the player would be pointless as you'd be left on the ground.

They also weren't "both going for the ball" as if it was a loose ball, it was Haidara in possession and Callum attempted to rob him of possession.

The comments of Dave Whelan today and Roberto Martinez are disturbing and frankly any defense of an act of brutality like that should be charged by the FA.

Owners and managers of teams have a special responsibility to rise above bias and communicate the right message for the good of the wider game.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Lost all respect for Martinez. Never had any for Whelan. Sometimes you are better off just owning up. They should both have come out and just said "look, Callum is a **** of the highest order, sorry"

17. luckyheader

luckyheader New Member

I think yesterday's. What annoys me the most is his behaviour afterwards. Fair enough Carver started it at half time but the way he reacts like an angry child who's done nothing wrong is disgraceful.

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Still no news I see

19. abc CissesCurriedGoat abc

abc CissesCurriedGoat abc Well-Known Member

De Jong's one, at least had a case of him winning the ball, despite taking out the player big time. De Jong definitely meant to send a message , no doubt about it.

The McManaman one was much worse. It was uncalled for, and absolutely reckless. If I had my way he'd be banned from playing any more professional football.

And if Martinez says it was a genuine challenge, I'd like to see him be on the receiving end of such a challenge , since he says it's just a genuine challenge. Bloody ****er doesn't know what he's saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.