1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Meyler to do one.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chilton's Hundreds, Mar 1, 2018.

1. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

You know I think you might be right there. I know Meyler has not been playing well lately but I think there has been something going on behind the scenes. He talks to the fans and at one point said he had had a go at other players in the dressing room for not pulling their weight. Maybe didn't go down well with Adkins. Like many have said he gets stuck in when he plays and we will miss that. No doubt Campbell will be off too, not done much for us but again an experienced player. We will be left with the team that Ehab has put together made up of loanees and youngsters.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Some of the tweets I've been shown by Meyler over the last couple of years, especially when our squad was threadbare start of season, make it no surprise to me why he isn't being offered any contract at all.

3. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I trust you are talking current first choice and not the other...

4. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

Are you saying that Meyler has shown you tweets he has received from the club? Players? Fans?. Elaborate please.

Chillo likes this.
  5. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I hope, I really hope, that for as much as Tom, Curtis, SB et al have maybe been gagged through clauses in contracts, pay offs etc, that Meyler comes out and tells it like it is....

6. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Not only tweets but he showed me his knob.
    or was that just a dream?

7. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Maybe David isn’t positive enough for Nigel? Or his warm ups are shocking? What

8. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

No sorry. Try reading in between the lines of my post or just imagine I have only one or two braincells and try and imagine what I meant to say but failed due to literacy issues. or don't and just be smug and take the piss?

9. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

10. Willson

Can't say I'm bothered if Clark signs a contract as he's not good enough, even in league 1. It shows though that either we're not offering him enough money or he thinks the club is ****ed and he'd be better off elsewhere.

TIGERSCAVE likes this.

11. Simon Trevitt's Lugs

Simon Trevitt's Lugs Active Member

They will have offered £3 a week and a bag of crisps with a promotion bonus of a years supply of sausage rolls.

It seems popular to have a go at Clark at the minute. Young players are inconsistent and we don’t have the squad to take him out of the firing line.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yep. Regardless of what you think of him. Us offering something to an academy prospect and it not being accepted is worrying. It shouldn't ever happen, but this isn't the first time is it. Ehab will have offered him an academy contract probably.

13. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Max Clark is not out of contract at the end of this season? have I got that wrong? His contract situation needs addressing, that's for sure but he has earned a place in the squad for next season on merit, beyond that, who knows. He may be here long after Massive and Dense have gone. He will need to keep improving though and I expect he will.

Kempton likes this.
  14. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

To be fair juleskaren I don't know much about twitter, I don't use it, it bamboozles me. A relative sent me the tweets in text message form. I don't know what is the correct way to talk about someone who has tweeted? or if the tweets are by them or just tweeted by them or what. I don't know the correct terminology so apologies if my post comes across a bit Neanderthal. I jumped to the conclusion you knew exactly what I meant to say but were just poking fun out of me. But after a few moments I now realise its probably my own fault for not talking proper.
    I am sure there are those on here who could put links to the tweets? If that is what you do. I cant believe you haven't read some of the tweets that weren't exactly toeing the party line.

I was a big critic of Meyler at one point skill wise but you cannot deny his effort and enthusiasm. Plus I gather he is a really nice down to earth bloke and went to a couple of Sunderland games as a fan shortly after leaving them?

juleskaren likes this.
  15. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Whatever you think of Meyler the issue is we are going to let him go on a free. If we want to replace him that player is likely to cost us money, surely it's better retaining him on a higher wage and saving the transfer fee that we would have to spend on his replacement?

16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Not if you are called Allam. ****ing hell can't wait to see what Darnborough brings in.

17. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

We don't need Meyler as Stewart will come good next season.:emoticon-0125-mmm:

18. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

With the way recent transfer windows have unfolded, and with the latest announcement of the young lads signing their contracts this week, it's blindingly obvious what the future holds for us (until the ****s are gone at least). If we don't go down this season, we will next for certain, if the twats haven't sold.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  19. Willson

He's not inconsistent, he just isn't good enough and hasn't been all season. It's not his fault and he doesn't lack commitment but every other pass goes into the stand. He's not particularly young either, and I can't see him improving at this statge. People overstate how well he performs just because he's a Hull lad.

20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Yeah I've noticed a load of posts having a go at Max Cark recently , a young player who was out on loan at Cambridge
    last season and made his championship debut this season