1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Middlesbrough v Hull City with Poll!!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 16, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Boro

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Don't be daft, look at the L1 attacking options those clubs have. Some of their attacking players would see plenty of football for us.

2. Shark Sports

Almost as OTT as saying he'd play at a top L1 side as a loanee

3. eimaj

eimaj Well-Known Member

We looked better than Pelkas, that's for sure.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

5. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Well if we don't have now and won't have that calibre of attackers next season, why on earth are we talking about a promotion push? Because that calibre is what's needed.....

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    springtiger, Evington and TIGERSCAVE like this.
  6. Shark Sports

Which is why developing in house is so important...

I think it's unrealistic to expect us to bring in the positions we need. 3 wingers, a striker, a left back, a holding midfielder and a box to box midfielder. And then for all those transfers to be massive successes, which they'd need and all the squad stay fit.

I think it's much more realistic to do over the next 3 windows. A good left back, winger and holiding midfield would be a realistic target for this summer. I'm sure we'll bring more in but they won't all work, they never do

7. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

It was up to 1.51 a game a couple of games ago. That was the points average for 6th at the time.

If it wasn't for shotas form prior to rosenior we would have been challenging in the playoff mix for much longer.

People look at the table but don't take into account the awful form under the old manager. And yes I took the 1.51 ppg after Milwall figure from the same site that's now showing 1.31 following boro.

Even so we're still talking small margins.

Be interesting to see what his PPG is at the end of the season.

8. Howdentiger2

So again I ask....what have I said that's OTT?

My thoughts on last night's game where

First half shows we have potential
    Second half shows we are miles away.

I agree with you and I've said since day one it would take 3/4 transfer windows to get to where we need

9. Shark Sports

You've said we should loan out Vaughan

You've said that you don't think Rosenior's the right man. And you had a massive flap at the Rotherham result.

All was pretty much over-reactionary nonsense straight after a game

10. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

A Howson type seems to be on the agenda - based on last night's comments. We know a striker is also, as well as a winger as we have one of each on loan with the futures up in the air. We know we're after Darlow also and we tried to bring in a pace merchant on deadline day in jan also which fell through last minute.

We had a punt at Tofollo at LB by all accounts so I'd be surprised if those weren't the positions we would be looking at addressing in this window.

As you say though no recruitment will bring a 100% success rate so it's reasonable that it might take longer than just the summer to genuinely challenge for promotion, but I still think playoffs should be the aim as we're not so very far away from that level at the moment.

Howdentiger2 likes this.

11. Howdentiger2

Well TBF I said I wouldn't be shocked if he went on loan not should and that was this this morning not straight after the game.

After the Rotherham game I wasn't sure he was the man for the job of we carried on playing the way he was having us play ( and that was based on his full tenure not just the Rotherham game ). Since then he's changed it and it's looking better. But the jury is still out for me and will remain out until 10ish games next season.

My opinion obviously doesn't match yours, that doesn't mean mines ridiculous/nonsense or OTT, just the same as it doesn't mean yours is any of those things

12. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Remind me.... who was it said .. 'you're only as good as your strikers'.... Carrick must have read it somewhere too...

13. TIGERSCAVE

Re Harry Vaughan, a) at 5 foot 5 hows he getting a game ha!! and B) as much 'potential' as the lad has - and I hope he becomes something for us - after we have all seen him for what 2 and a half hours of football if he's our attacking option we 'are' miles off. I dont get why people are creaming their pants over him based on 2 games.. oh and he needs to get out of the habit pf pushing opponents too. Compare him with Middlesbro's lad Hackney he's only 20...

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He's almost two years older than Harry and was playing for Scunthorpe last season.

15. TIGERSCAVE

Then maybe a loan might be the making of him too....

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He wasn't getting a look-in at Boro until Wilder got sacked and he's been a regular since Carrick took over, I suspect he's been the making of him.

17. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Think we are getting excited because mobile young very comfortable ball players and runners are very rare below the premier and some of his interplay and one touch quick passing were a bloody change!
    KLP was the same , this lad looks to have a lot of tools , except height and strength but at 19 he looks a prospect and slips radiology into a good passing side . He wouldn’t suit the majority of teams in this division .

18. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

"creaming their pants after a couple of games". Well yes but we are desperately wanting the next Jared Bowen, the next Waggy or Chillo. And I have to say Vaughan is looking the part. Much of his play in the middle of the park yesterdy was excellent, he was getting himself in postion to receive balls in the air so that he could control it turn and go past the oppostion and create something. I see others in the same situtation either jump. up and head the ball to nowhere in particular or fail to control the ball. Oscar for one. When he has to use his head it usually goes to another City player. He deserves to start on Saturday. Baz Cooper had him as Citys best player, I agree with him.
    I bemoaned that Tufan was on the bench but when he came on he was ineffetive to say the least.

springtiger likes this.
  19. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Re Oscar seems this board is coming to the conclusion that he had a purple patch at the begining of the season thats unlikely to be repeated. He is big and strong but his hold up play is poor and his control of the ball leaves a lot to be desired. Tetteh on the other hand has a lot more to offer lets hope he gets and stays fit.

springtiger likes this.
  20. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Might be a different scenario after a full pre season.

TwoWrights and Gone For A Walk like this.