1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mike Phelan set to sign long-term deal

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Sep 14, 2016.

1. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He's been presented with an offer, it'll be down to whether the offer matches his aspirations.

2. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

From today's match report on the BBC...

Essential Hull hold on to Phelan

Mike Phelan's side might have been comfortably outclassed by Arsenal here, but the scoreline perhaps flattered the visitors.

Whatever the delay is over caretaker manager Phelan's future at the KCOM Stadium, Hull's owners should get it sorted immediately.

Phelan has been offered the job permanently but there is speculation he could yet walk away over a dispute about wages.

Despite being down to 10 men his side chased every lost cause, scrapped for every 50-50 ball and never threw in the towel.

Given the manner in which he has galvanised a side largely in disarray when he took over in July he will be worth every penny to the club.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is Mike expecting too much?
    He's really yet to prove himself over a long period, what should really happen is a contract until the end of the season & then improve it depending on his results
    Phelan's never been a Manager at other levels nevermind the PL, it's not as if he's tried & tested

3. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Nobody who the Allams chased wanted to become manager so maybe Phelan thinks that makes his position stronger.

4. cannon67

cannon67 Active Member

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I am not rewriting history, Hudd played in pre-season I think it was against Torino at centre back and within 5 minutes gave them a goal with a mistake, after that Phelan changed it to Jake. I am sure SB would have persevered with Hudd in that position.

On Clucas, I have already said before that Clucas played twice last season in centre midfield and I liked him there. However, he played further forward with Hudd playing deeper. Phelan has changed that around, and playing Clucas as the holding midfielder.

PattyNchips2 and GLP like this.
  6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Remember posting this?
    http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/raf-...nce-frampton/story-29722875-detail/story.html
    You are John because Phelans first idea was to play Hudd at CB. Not Jake. He looked shocking there and was changed. So you're saying Steve Bruce would stick him there, see him play **** and persist with it. Thats bollocks.

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

It's all conjecture Chazz, neither of us knows what SB would have done, so let's leave it there.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Its not John. Steve Bruce tried tom there before. He was ****. He has all the attributes to be a great ball playing CB but he doesnt like playing there. SB scrapped it in then. He wouldnt have tried him again. You said SB would have persisted with him. Why would he?

9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I can't remember SB ever playing Hudd at centre back in a game, though he did say once that Hudd could fit in there if necessary. when we had a centre-back crisis.

10. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You seem to have slipped easily into this one. Why did you bother.

11. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I will reserve judgment on Phelan ( or any new player) at the end of the season. Jumping to conclusions either way after just a handful of games is typical City,but there you go.

Fez likes this.
  12. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I honestly think that we're on the verge of our best ever PL season. We looked really good and at 11v11 we were causing Arsenal a lot of problems especially down that right side with Iwobi not tracking back. The 1st goal was really avoidable and I'm sure Phelan will be disappointed with it. Yes, Jak didn't do great with the punch/save but we didn't follow the runner. The midfield got caught against Burnley too and it cost us a goal.

It's funny how Arsene will moan that nothing goes his team's way this year when the vast majority does. Penalty okay, but a sending off, not for me. It wasn't deliberate. Roger East clearly favoured Arsenal, how he wasn't going to give us that penalty I'll never know and he was booking Cazorla until he realised he committed the foul. He visibly took his hand away from his pocket.

Mason and Mbokani looked good and really helped us

CANADATIGER likes this.
  13. Chazz Rheinhold

Causing Arsenal lot of problems...Arf.

Ye they didn't know whether to have 9 or 10 players camped on the edge of our box.

14. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

You're very much in the minority on this one, everyday on here some silly **** writes about what SB would or wouldn't have done....

15. AmalCarb

AmalCarb Well-Known Member

One spanking and the doubters are sharpening their knifes already?

City till you die my arsenal..

Allams OUT

16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean, my post was aimed at no one in particular and as i said the 5 or 6 active threads were all nothing but bitch fights. Glad to say it's over now.

17. Chazz Rheinhold

If the allams can just stall his contract for another week, it will be one of the best things they have ever done for the club.
    Get stuffed by stoke and then Liverpool will see the scales drop from a lot of eyes. Then get in a good manager.

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You're a tedious little man at times.

PLT likes this.
  19. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I wonder if MP has opened his email from Escab yet!!!?

20. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

IMG_5063.GIF