1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mitro for the exit

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He's a **** player

2. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

I concur.
    Much as I like a toon hero, unfortunately the bloke couldn't kick snow off a footpath. If some bugger offers £15 m plus then take it.

Judge Death and Captainchaos. like this.
  3. Captainchaos.

Exactly

Judge Death likes this.
  4. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Although I love him I think he has to go, In the right team he might be a good player, He might work at Palace, however the premier league has eveolved and the target man is a thing of the past. It is all about pace and movement and he has neither in abundance!

Captainchaos. likes this.
  5. Captainchaos.

Correct and it has been for a decade so I never understood why we signed a player that's as slow as mitro

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think Chelsea would disagree with you. They play with a target man who is not particularly quick, but surround him with the pace and trickery of Hazard/Pedro. You also have a regular supply from the wide areas in Moses/Alonso.

Football evolves but there is always room for different kinds of players and different formations. Antonio Conte has shown that this season. Ranieri showed a different way of going last season. We have been conditioned over the last few years to believe that you must play one through the middle or you lose the midfield, and you must have a pacey forward. It is horseshit.

We are the only league in Europe that thinks like this. There are so many way to skin the football cat. That is what makes the game great.

The one thing I would say about Mitrovic is he does need to improve his movement. Costa would be a good guy to study in this regard. He is not constantly moving as they need him central to bring Hazard/Pedro into play. However he does make clever short movements to make his hold up play easier. It does tend to take these players a little longer to learn their game though. Look at Costa's career up until the age of 22. There is also no doubt that like Costa, Mitrovic must learn to control his aggression. Managers don't trust players like that. And no I'm not for a minute suggesting he could be as good as Costa.

The lad is only 22, I think that is what has been forgotten if I'm honest. I think he is probably rightly disappointed that this has not been a break out season for him here. Benitez has his way of playing and it doesn't involve a target man as Peter Crouch found out at his peak. He is probably getting frustrated and Benitez is teaching him a lesson about who is boss. If I was him I'd leave and go somewhere his talents will be appreciated. That will solely be dictated by the tactics adopted. To me he has to play in a 433 or 343 as a target man. Failing that a 442 little man big man combo. The point is he needs pace beside him. It reminds me a bit of how Gullit viewed Shearer and Ferguson. He couldn't see any way to fit them into how he liked to play. Bobby came and simply surrounded Shearer with the pace of Bellamy, Dyer, Robert - job done.

7. Captainchaos.

Costa is fast in comparison

8. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with this apart from the bit about Mitro not possibly being as good as costa in the future, I think he will be better.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  9. Captainchaos.

He's crap man

10. Warmir Pouchov

He is quicker but not much. Where Costa is quicker is in the brain and he has learnt the clever movements that help you overcome your comparative lack of pace. Sheringham, Shearer etc would all still rock it in the modern game provided they had a manager who knew how to put a team together.

The point is Costa has shown quite categorically you don't need to be lightning to play through the middle in the modern game. It is always about the team and how you the pieces of the jigsaw together. Benitez doesn't suit Mitrovic. We don't have the players to really make the best of him. Only Atsu, Lazaar and Yedlin have any real pace and Benitez prefers others. Therefore you either adjust the way you play at times and have players to aid this or you sell him. I think its a massive error to only have one way of playing - we do.

11. Toon_Man_Sam1

12. Warmir Pouchov

Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.
  13. Captainchaos.

Forgot to mention costa is good

14. Warmir Pouchov

He is better than good, he is exceptional.

15. Captainchaos.

And mitro is useless

16. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Champion’s League Prediction League Champion
    Forum Moderator

You're wrong.

He has promise which needs to be encouraged and coached. If done properly he good be a very good player. Not a prolific goalscorer but a forward who scores a few and helps make goals for another forward playing alongside him.

17. Toon_Man_Sam1

people give Mitro jip and say his rubbish, yet we've had Shola, Ferreya, Doumbia, Chopra, Carl Court, Luque, Owen, Leon Best, Xisco!

Basically in the last 20 years every striker we've had has been poor except, shearer, bellamy, Ba and Remy.

18. Captainchaos.

I'm usually right

He'd do well in Italy he's too slow for the premiership

19. Warmir Pouchov

We're not in the premiership. And he isn't if used correctly. Andy Carroll is slow and he is useful in the PL when he is fit (which is never). Llorente is slow and he is useful. Another player not being used correctly. Costa, Deeney, Austin, Bony, Carroll - none of them are particularly quick. All have proved useful when they've had managers who know how to use them.

I agree though he would do well in Italy. They tend to be good tacticians and know how to get the best out of players.

20. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

People used to slag Jon Dahl Tomasson off something rotten. Another player that we criminally misused and turned out to be a cracking player after we sold him. Look, Mitro isn't pacey and never will be. His first touch is often criticised but that is judged on him coming on for 5 minutes at the end of the a game. What he brings to the side is presence, strength, the ability to harry defenders, take them out of the game and open space up for others to run into. His goal scoring record is also not as bad as people make out. He misses chances sure, but so does Gayle. Mitrovic will become a top player. Not world class, but a top player. The raw ability is there. To not benefit from that is simply criminal.

General Lee Speaking likes this.