1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Monday 18th. November 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Fair point, well made.

Also liked Thyme Hill especially the way he ground it out from the final flight. Maybe a step up to 3 miles and he will be even better.

The thing about Defi’s win that struck me was does this now make it more likely Champ is going to go for the CGC this term (providing he proves top notch over the big ‘uns, of course ) as the Hobbs inmate (in the same ownership) now looks sure to stay at shorter distances after yesterday’s effort.

Loved Ruby Walsh’s quip after the 2 mile novice chase yesterday along the lines of how terrible the English novices must be if the old girl Irish mare could trounce them like she did. Wonder if they will be tempted to drop Al Dancer back over hurdles (seeing as how weak that division seems to be right now) as on that showing he ain’t going to figure at the business end of a ‘Meghan Markle’.

And in Ireland it was lovely to see Yanworth get back in the winners enclosure. Now 2nd fave for the Festival X-Country.

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Surely in Fairyhouse in two weeks and in Leopardstown for Christmas.

3. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Afandem 17:15 Southwell

EW chance

Stay Frosty

4. Hughdie

Hughdie Member

Small bet on Oblate in the 415pm Southwell. Had him in my tracker, he missed the break over C&D LTO and finished well to be second. If he starts well he could be there. Currently 3rd fav, some 13/2 available.

5. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Plumpton 130
    Suzi Best turns to the in form Jacob to get outrage over the line who had a very good run here in similar conditions and of the same mark 9/2

6. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Plumpton 200
    I was going to ignore this race but the 9/2 on offer for Miss Tynte looks fair and having watched the last run at Worcester they have to have a good chance here

7. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

Wolverhampton 1.20 Treaty Of Dingle

3rd last 2 runs at Wolverhampton and Kempton looks good enough for this. Yards runners in the money recently and booking of Jason Watson catches the eye.

Ste D likes this.
  8. Fazor

Fazor Active Member

Southwell 19.45

Tagur 15/2

9. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Make no apologies for posting this, just got talking about this race with my pal in the office, just thought i'd share it with us all once again...!!

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.
  10. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Just 6 declared for the Betfair on Saturday - Altior, Ballyoptic, Bristol De Mai, Elegant Escape, Frodon and Lostintranslation.

redcgull likes this.

11. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

And Altior will be running at Ascot as this is only an insurance policy. So maximum field of 5. :emoticon-0108-speec.

12. CaptainPops

Yes Ruby wasn't too complimentary was he with regards to England's best 2 mile novice chasers but i must confess i was feeling s little flat after that race. I am probably biased as I have really taken to Al Dancer but one thing he did do was jump really well yesterday..attacking the fences so i would be surprised if they reverted to hurdles. He was giving weight away yesterday and I think the ground was a factor as not sure Al Dancer handled it. It's looking likely he will just come up short for the Arkle assuming he gets there and I suspect one of the Irish horses will be too good.

Still you never know..one thing though Al Dancer is getting plenty of match practice at the course..something that shouldn't be too underestimated . If it was me I would be putting the hood on though.. ..twice he s run without it at cheltenham and twice he s been beaten. :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Dazzling Darren 8/1 here at Wolves worth a little punt

14. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Only 3rd

15. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Well I say I like the post Oddy but in reality I don't, only because I'm going to Haydock this Saturday so won't get to see some of the runners I thought I would get to see... Real shame, but at least I will get to see Lostintranslation…<ok>

16. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Not my post mate :emoticon-0140-rofl:

It seems the million quid bonus is not really attractive huh?

redcgull likes this.
  17. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

What horses are missing though? Obviously the Irish horses, but I can't think of many others who'd be single figure prices against those 5.

18. NassauBoard

The next at Wolves is interesting, as its another race where I think the pace should hold up quite well, I cant believe Medici Moon is 11.5 to place. I;ve also backed Traveller to place at 2.6

19. NassauBoard

So they both get held up at the rear! That winner will go in again at this level.

20. CaptainPops

Very disappointing that the Irish can't even be bothered to contest the million pound pot. I guess they realise they have zero chance...still you would think some might have a go..