1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Most hated - and why???

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by NashySFC, Feb 28, 2011.

1. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I have always had a soft spot for PFC, Farlington Marshes!

2. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Yes KingslandSFC i think i do..... hahaha!!!

And Saintdon13 - Um i dont get it hahahahaha ! Sorry

3. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

I don't like Plymouth.

Reason - I live here and I get a lot of stick (not banter) from the locals. One fella a few years ago said I shouldn't be allowed to wear the shirt in Plymouth as its disrespectful to the locals. He even tried to get me chucked out of the pub. I don't see that as banter.

But yeah alot of people do not like saints. A few of my friends are always hoping we lose but I'm not too bothered. I love banter in the pubs before games. Nothing beats it.

4. bpl234

bpl234 Member

actually i do dislike Leeds..

5. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Reason being???

Im not a huge fan of united......why..... coz my 'best mate' told my missus i was seeing another lady and he supports them, so ha! I hate them hate hate hate them !!! lol!

6. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

7. bpl234

bpl234 Member

Well i dont like Leeds for what they did to the town all those years ago, which had the biggest contribution to our debts...but then again Peter Risdale then answered our calls..so im not bitter anymore.

Never liked Gillingham really but dont know why?

8. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Thats a fair reason then!

Having thought about it...im pretty evil! Quite a few teams i dislike for several reasons! But its not every supporter i suppose!! lol!

Cardiff!!

COYRs

9. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

You know who here in peace .

I think some Pompey fans love to hate Saints, most just enjoy the rivalry, and most Pompey fans are quite relaxed as we have had the recent bragging rights.

If you get promoted and we are the same division ,then feelings will run much deeper!

Back to the specific question though of Duckie's, I think the answer from many clubs in your League would be 2). The reason?, you are seen perhaps as a big club in a small division rather like Leeds United were. They too were accused of arrogance, some would say rather it is a confident approach by their large fan base, but sometimes that is perceived as undisguised arrogance and can lead to a measured bu large degree of dislike aimed at the club and its fans.:emoticon-0100-smile

10. sotonstu

sotonstu Member

absolutley hate pompey and millwall, cant stand wall, their fans arent fans they're thugs

11. SAINTDON13

Actually Nashy any boggy marsh would do, but Farlington was once the site of a new 'Nottarf Krap', probably a good spot as they could have had decent road and rail access at the location plus a dedicated training set up which they have not got at the moment. Lot of water passed under the bridge since those plans were rejected.

12. bpl234

bpl234 Member

Never enjoyed going to Plymouth either.

No ithink the arrogant thing about Saints fans this year that goes with all pre season favourites ,is when the fans maybe think they have the best squad and and have the right to be at the top, but you must earn that right..

Millwall..........are a disgrace

13. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

I think we do have the best 'squad' on paper and the money weve spent, the set up and all the goings on i think we have earnt the right to expect what we quote.... but yes we have to know earn that and points win prizes simple as that! Only time will tell but i do fear that we HAVE to get promoted this season or the likes of oxo, lallana, lambert, fonte will all be looking at the door perhaps????

COYRs

14. bpl234

bpl234 Member

True on paper, but i think that pressure thing of this year compared to last year is so much different, but what we cant argue with, is that this league is not boring like the premier league, and a lot of teams still in contention..

Honestly the expenctaancy at our place has grown massively..

i also dislike Grimsby, just cos of the area..

15. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

I repeat, I have yet to meet a Saints fan who believes we "have the right" to be top of the League. there are many who feel with our squad, fan base and set up we should be, but every single one I've met knows you have to earn the right.

Instead of just posting this lazy nonsense perhaps you' could point me in the direction of someone connected to the club or supporters that claims automatic promotion is our right, because I've never seen it.

16. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Farlington Marsh is a lovely place for a ramble. Low tide, there are lots of birds to see some of which are only seen around that area because of the terrain. A goose that was ringed there once, was seen in Iceland a mere three days later!

17. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

TBH I don't much like this thread as it invites the expression of negative and Ill-considered prejudice. I don't like the fans of such and such a team. What? All their fans, all their players? I could understand, "I don't like their ground", but there is enough of this sort of thing on the 606 boards and I was hoping we could leave that behind.
    If we ignore the cyber WUMS, I think Saints fans are not regarded as over confident at all. Hey, were a nice bunch, aren't we?

18. SAINTDON13

pm "A goose that was ringed there once, was seen in Iceland a mere three days later!" lol Was it in the frozen food section?

19. SFCbwSFC

SFCbwSFC Member

Question = Most hated - and why???
    Answer = Jealous

20. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

we have money, a big stadium, a big fanbase and a chairman that isn't a slave to the media. What's to like?