1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Musical Interests

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Tickler, Jan 19, 2020.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Perfectly summising music!!!! It is certainly one of those things where people are passionate - my gaffer pulls a face saying "utter ****e" every time you mention George Ezra or Ed Sheeran - But I like them both - mainly because kids are wanting to pick up an instrument as a result of their music!! (and having seen Ezra live he's so impressive!!)

I can;t stand the computerised music. Where you almost literally need no musical talent to produce it! Computerised drum beats where there is noting a millionth of a nanosecond out of time because you only have to drag it! That I hate! I understand there is a skill to it but there is zero musical talent involved

Nig, Gil T Azell and flandersmackem like this.
  2. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

Favourite - Emerald (Live) Thin Lizzy
    Hate - Lovely Day, Bill Withers (drones on and on.....)
    Best Live Gig- Tough one, but between Queen and Quo at Sid James', or Buzzcocks and Joy Division at City Hall
    Guilty Pleasure - Tubs of Celebrations chocolates - ****in love 'em!

RTB likes this.
  3. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Favourite song to date - Nantucket Sleighride (Live version) Mountain or a Pink Floyd Song. So so many others to pick from though depending on mood.

Most hated song to date (preferably with some back story for clarification!) - The birdie song, I'd rather Jack, Shad up a ya face. Hundreds and hundreds if truth be known. Most with utter utter sh*te lyrics. ANY ANY ANY f*cking Jamiroquai song.

Best artist seen live (if any) - The Stones 81 ish at that park further up north from here.

Guilty Pleasure. Carol Malia. or if she isnt available Lions Sports mixtures. Musically probably Il Divo.

4. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

John Lennon wrote great songs and i like time and money by pink Floyd.
    Its flavour and ingredients like has been said.
    For instance i love down in the tubestation, although a depressing song it stirs the mood. Great bass riff and drums and the lyrics just suck you in.

I love a lot of music. I didn't like country music until i picked up an acoustic guitar,
    I love rythm and blues.

I suppose if the birdie song makes someone happy then fair doos ;)

clockstander likes this.
  5. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Favourite song to date - Gimme Head (The Radiators)

Most hated song to date (preferably with some back story for clarification!) - Cats ib the cradle (Buried 2 of my mates to it,

Best artist seen live (if any) - Dire Straits

Guilty Pleasure (see who the sad twats are!) - Shania Twain :oops: