1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Must win?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Hoops Eternal, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

After today's results, is Monday night a must win for us? Taking into account the upcoming fixtures, Cardiff (a), Hull (h), Watford (a, where we always seem to struggle)
    Your thoughts, ladies & gents.

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Of course not. Lose every game left and we could well be ok, but a point or even a defeat vs Derby is far from disastrous.

3. RangersHQ-Norfolk

Simple answer, yeah - but it's the the old cliche Eternal, one game at a time, forget about other fixtures until after Derby. If we win, not only are we amost there, the teams around us face the almost inevitable fight for one place, which brings its' own pressures on them.

If we don't, then Warnock will set the scene for the Cardiff game like only he can.

That said, I'm going for 3-1 Rangers <ok>

4. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

It's a will win!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And a fantastic semi final it was, I'd like a day out at Wembley, not the playoffs though;)

5. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

I still think we need every point we can get to neutralise the FA threat at the end.

It could be that the optimists on here turn out to be right and there is no points deduction, so no prob. But I'd far rather have points in the bag come judgement day. I don't want to be sitting there sweating on 6 May, waiting for the big announcement. Might as well have cancelled the season and tossed a coin instead.

For me, a win against Derby is essential to bringing team confidence back to where it should be, ready to hoover up some useful insurance.

6. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

Not a must win.
    If we beat Cardiff, regardless of other results, were above them

7. Hoops Eternal

Personally I'd think it would be poetic justice to win the title at Cardiff. Still feel we owe them one for that play off final!

8. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Technically it is not a "must" win, but if we lost and then lost in Cardiff, they would only be 4 points behind us. That could knock the team's confidence, so this is a game we must win. I'm going for a nervy 2 - 1.

9. RangersHQ-Norfolk

1-1, early goal and late goal

10. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

Its a must win for me
    Easiest fixture left on paper against a team with nothing to play for
    If we were to draw this one and lose at Cardiff, the pressure could all be back on against Hull

11. superdoopahoopsa

We should go out and try to win every game so that the result of the FA inquiry couldnt stop us getting promoted. Whilst a victory on monday night would make promotion a near certainty, a loss would mean we would not be in as strong a position, however it would realistically require cardiff and norwich to win every game they have left to catch us and for us to only pick up 2-3 poitns from our remaining 4 games. Considering how strong our home form is, even if we were to lose away at cardiff and watford, i would still fancy us to step up to the occasion and claim 3 points against either hull or leeds

12. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

there all must wins...this one is one of our more easier games though...

13. Hoops Eternal

I've got to say it, I've a really funny feeling about tonight! what makes it worse is that I'm working so won't be able to see it until I get home & watch the recording. <steam>
    3 points pleeeeeeeeeease!

14. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Agree 100, every game is a must win. Whilst we have a substantial lead, a couple of results can change things. This is on paper our 'easiest' remaining game, so we need to bank the points. Short, sharp passing game to get forward whilst in possession, and hunting in packs when they've got it. An early one would be nice. Hope for full house and non stop noise.

Come on you super.....

15. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

its very nearly a full house, only restricted view seats available