1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Knowing our luck it'll be Uncle Knobhead.

GLP likes this.
  2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

The thing is they aren't just people, they are international business people who are currently in a global spotlight being owners of an English football club. If we start telling them how to run their business, soon everybody will be telling them how to run their business.

PLT likes this.
  3. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

As I recall in 2008 Bartlett and co were scuppered by

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008

They'd lumped on promo in 2007/8 and their ship came in . I think the figure of £15 million was mentioned at the time- they'd funded the promotion push.

Then the crash, the value of their property portfolio shrunk dramatically, some of the consortium bailed out and left Bartlett holding the baby. Turner was sold straight after Wolves away in 2008/9 as SAFC paid the entire fee upfront and got a massive bargain for doing so.

Think Duffo was the monkey not the organ grinder. Some of our fans dislike a slick cockney/southerner regardless of what he's done/not done.

Looking at the **** state of football these days I think we could do worse than Duffo. At least there would be some engagement.

4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Okocha and Pedersen won't have been on a cheap wage, even at their age. He shelled out some money alright. Duffen isn't the antagonist, he's more like the **** underling who dies two thirds of the way through of the film.

BillyBobBallbag likes this.
  5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

At least he’s also probably well aware of all the things that need mending to help bring fans back. The swathes of empty seats at home games are painful to see.

6. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Didn't Duff man go onto Blunder, speak to Carpet Burns at length and strongly deny all the accusations/allegations etc and point out that there's no evidence. Or summat on those lines.

7. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

After these two twats I would welcome duffen back with open arms. I remember singing we are going up as the coach arrived at Watfords ground for the play off. Duffen came running to the front of the coach and joined in. Great fun and a million miles away from where we are now.

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

It won’t be owt to do with me, you can rest easy.

9. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

The allegations against Duffen were that he was pursuing players through a particular agent (Willy McKay rings a bell) and receiving back handers from him in return. Amongst some other stuff like exploiting company cars I think I remember it being said he’d used club money to buy himself a Lamborghini, holidays, giving the extended family well paid jobs and buying the silence of our greatest ever manager Phil Brown with his daughters fanny.

10. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

You're a class act Mr Bob...

Evington likes this.

11. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

The Dare to Dream campaign was brilliant
    Need something like that again

12. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Reliving the nightmare is our current mantra

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I do remember the Allams were taking him to court and that he settled out of court, 'on the doorsteps' as they say. What that settlement was about I don't know, but if you were clean, why would you do that?

14. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Euromillions jackpot has to be won at some point.

15. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

There's clean and there's clean. Sometimes issues are complicated and not black and white and might take ages to pursue through the courts with all the time, stress and cost that entails.

Sometimes an out of court settlement is simply expedient so that the parties can get on with their regular lives.

I wouldn't see an out of court settlement as a victory or a defeat.

16. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Duffen seemed to be a bit of a **** when he was here, some even reckoned that he’d syphoned some monies off, but one thing I do know is that he certainly knew how to make the supporters feel valued. After having these two utterly despicable world tragedy chasers in charge almost anyone would be an improvement.

PLT, Real ale tiger and johnbo like this.
  17. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

The quote fits us again ATM with regards to the Allams selling up and ****ing off

southerntiger and Howden Tigress like this.
  18. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

That maybe explains it. Thanks, Plummerz.

19. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

I had a photo taken with him before the game at Bolton. At least he used to mix with supporters at away games. Imagine the gruesome twosome doing that.

20. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Nearly there ... revelations ....
    The Page Number of the Sale

Page 666 is generally believed to have been the original Number of the Sale in the Book of Allamation in the Crustacean Bible.
    In 2005, however, a fragment of platypus 115 was revealed, containing the earliest known version of that part of the Book of Allamation discussing the Number of the Sale.
    It gave the number as page 616, suggesting that this may have been the original.
    One possible explanation for the two different numbers is that they reflect two different spellings of Emperor Ehab/Enob's name, for which (according to this theory) this number is believed to be a code *.
    However, other scholars state that the number cannot represent Enob as absolute zero, as this is still the lower limit of the thermodynamic temperature scale, a state at which the enthalpy and entropy of a cooled ideal gas reach their minimum value, taken as 0
    *24 hours it is then ...

Evington likes this.