1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle United vs Brighton

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Captainpancakes, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Leo Billy

Leo Billy Well-Known Member

If it was City we lost to 3-0 not one of us would be complaining, but to lose 3-0 without a shot on target against Brighton at St James’ is criminal. It’s Brighton man <doh>

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

feel lower than a limbo dancing ant right now bud.

Tobes likes this.
  3. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Welcome to our board mate, it's a ****ing thrill ride.

I don't think it's the result (especially since a few who are beeling the most predicted two defeats in a row and instead have 1 win and a loss.) But I think the manner in which we were defeated.

I speak strictly for myself here, of course, but I cannot abide a group of Premier League players at their home stadium not turning up for the first 10 minutes against Brighton. It shows to me a complete lack of care. **** that. They train all week to play 90 minutes of quite poor quality football against a fun to watch, but equally mediocre side, let's speak frankly.

I want to see them ****ing battling Brighton every inch of the park, not watching them pass on by. If I was the manager, a few of the culprits would be benched and never start again, just how I am, not good enough one iota.

4. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

Yes it's his job, but someone referenced luck as being the reason we stayed up.

I've taken a more logical approach and looked at the fact our keeper had to make 30 more saves than any other keeper and managed 11 clean sheets in the process.. That tells me it wasn't a great defence... Our goals for were low, so it wasn't goals. Our possession was the lowest in the league so it wasn't great football.

I took all these factors into consideration and concluded as I posted that the MAIN reason we stayed up was our goalkeeper! Not Bruce, not luck, not Ashley or rafa benitez either.

If you finish bottom 3 you're worse than the other sides.. Fans always over estimate their players, assume new signings are better than what they already had before a ball is kicked and underestimate the opposition players...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  5. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

Think it's watching the last 13 years tbh... Even recently its 5 wins from 25 and we are awful to watch... See what happens I guess, but I think the events of the summer compound the usual feeling that's all.

:emoticon-0148-yes:

Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Nah draculas teabag was in the toilet <ok> Nom nom buddy <laugh>

7. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

I was away with the TA all last week. Made a massive effort to hide from the Newcastle result and just caught up on MOTD.

For ****'s sake. Useless ****s.

8. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

No, you're bang on the money. It's only jumping off the deep end if you feel weighing the evidence gathered over thirteen years is hasty. This is a nice, succinct summary of the way I have been feeling about it all. No entertainment seen since the anomalous 2011-2012 season and none in sight.