1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Newcastle v Saints EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg Tue 31/1/23 8pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by MorgansBitOnTheSchneid, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Really not sure what point you're trying to make here, he's not allowed to swear cos he's a mod?

2. Toss saints

Toss saints Well-Known Member

I am not a Nathan Jones fan, am was quite vocal about him, but it looks as though he is here to stay.

I expect the mods on this site to be relatively neutral when it comes to comments on players and managers. Whilst, I am not a fan.of Jones, I am absolutely appalled by the comments of a modi .if hr is a fan, fine, but he is now in a position of influence and needs to behave.likr that, he is so very short of common empathy..

Guys shake it up please

3. Toss saints

Ot gets worse, see my next post.. Basically I object to him.callung Nathan Jones a ****ing ****.

Quite simple really

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Was calling for this in the ground, Prowsey never scored one from that side.

5. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Why? That’s absolutely ridiculous.

They’re not paid staff, they’re people giving up their own time to make sure users treat each other with fair levels of respect and don’t post any content that could land the domain owners in hot water.

Tom’s not the Monarch, he’s perfectly entitled to share his opinions and sound off if he wants to in my book, whether I agree or I don’t.

6. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Sorry to rain on your parade but that isn’t what moderators are for. We are fans too, and are allowed to express our opinions as forcefully and as profanely as we see fit. Our role is to see that everyone keeps to the rules of this forum. Last time I looked, swearing wasn’t banned, and nor was thinking that our manager was incompetent.

Please bear that in mind.

Osvaldorama likes this.
  7. Libby

Libby 9-0

Sorry mate but this is completely unreasonable. Why on earth should mods have to stay neutral? If that was the case then nobody would ever mod any forum on any subject ever.

Again not sure what him being a mod has to do with this. He's entitled to post what he likes within the forum rules same as any of us.

Osvaldorama and ChilcoSaint like this.
  8. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

THIS IS A FORUM, Whether you like it or not. You sound like someone who wants to keep a person quiet if there opinion differs from yours. Very strange.
    Although Tom probably doesn't want Jones here, And lambasts him alot, He does admit when he is wrong and calls himself out.

If you don't think people who should share opinions on a public foum perhaps it isn't the place for you.

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) likes this.
  9. Toss saints

Chilco

It it is how you say it, as I know you know

10. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I have absolutely no idea what that means. Please don’t bother explaining tonight, I’m going to bed now, perhaps we all need a bit of sleep.

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) likes this.

11. Toss saints

Oh my,. I thought I might poke a rats nest, it seems as I have..Just think overnight, have I said anything unreasonable, if so I will stand down and the not 606 monopoly grows stronger with one less dissenting voice, - oh the irony will disappear and we call all cuddle nicely.lovely. For ****s sake
    Ce

12. Toss saints

Okay fine, lose another poster,as it does not form to the form. How many have you lost over the last 36 months, may be a reason

13. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Toss, my dude, I'd maybe sleep this one off. There are plenty of dissenting opinions on here. It's just that sometimes opinions are also bad, and the opinion that moderators should be forced to stop having their own viewpoints is a bad opinion. Tom isn't the Speaker of the House. He's allowed to still be Tom.

Saints_Alive and ChilcoSaint like this.
  14. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Why should they be neutral because they’re mods ffs? They’re fans first off, and it’s an emotional game. The mods are here to make sure we don’t tear strips off one another, not to be like the late Queen and have no opinions.

15. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Bugger. You used the same comparison! Hadn’t read your post (great minds etc…)

16. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

The irony is that Tom was the one person sticking up for Ralph when the rest of us were calling him every name under the sun.

17. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

So literally just got home, **** doing that again in a coach! I would apologise for not getting us to Wembley again but I think that rests solely on NJ's head. 4 at the ****ing back please!

18. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Truly sterling effort. Your noise was mentioned on the Sky commentary: "you don't normally hear the away fans here, they're high up in a corner, so that's impressive".

It particularly stood out as it was the only time the commentators weren't breathlessly pulling one another off while ranting about how utterly magnificent Newcastle are.

Vin.

19. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Yeah, with the greatest respect this is a load of ****.

This forum has no affiliation with Southampton Football Club, moderators do not need to be neutral.

Saints_Alive and ChilcoSaint like this.
  20. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

Contender for least popular post of 2023? I wonder if anyone can top it…

You have 11 months, people!