1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle v Sydney

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by NUFC_88, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

All in all I'm rather pleased with what I've heard.
    Gonna watch the Youtube feed Yankmag just mentioned in a bit.

2. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

I watched it. Its nice BT sport posted it. My conclusions: de jong, haidara, aarons and colback look like they'll be starters. Aarons started a bit poorly but always worked to get the ball back and played quite a few very dangerous balls into the box. It will be interesting how his role gets affected when cabella and sissoko come back. I think de jong will be our cabaye. Class on the ball but had limited touches. We need to feed him more. He's always looking to shoot. Haidar was solid and linked very well with Aarons. Colback IMO will win Anita's spot. He's much more suited as a cdm. I think we got a gem off the mackems despite their reports :)

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Not a lot we didn't know. Aarons will, at the moment, look better against weaker and static opposition. Siem De Jong doesn't have the pace to really become Cabaye, though we shall see. Be nice to see Haidara become 1st choice, but again he'll always look ok when no-ones attacking him. Colback is absolutely right for this squad. Having 3 capable modern DM's is a very shrewd move, particularly when our defence is so weak. If we get the 4-2-3-1 right, with a decent CF (can't imagine Riviere being ready) and a better CB we'll give most a run for their money. Trouble we have as a club is fielding our first XI will happen less than 10 times a season.

4. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

When did Cabaye have pace ?

5. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

Couldn't really justify hogging the tv for friendly match that wasn't live at time and I knew result of. As such I didn't watch more than the youtube highlights.

What did Perez look like? ..... I don't mean his actual appearance

6. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Some neat footwork - didn't see much of him in the game mainly because we were cruising and he was being supported by Vuckic :steam:

7. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

The opposition was poor but Aarons looks good. He's outshone Armstrong every time I've seen him play. I hope Pardew gives him a chance this season.

Haidara is a league above Dummett, he's quicker, better going forward and has better link up play with his wide man. De Jong seems to be a mix of Nolan & Cabaye and could well suit us better than the previous two.

Was slightly disappointed that we didn't dictate possesion as much as we should have considering the standard of opposition.

8. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

It's no game to start rating youth players. Alan the custard soup brained tosser had the opportunity to give them 9 premier league games last season to find out which despite losing week in week out he didn't do. A chance we will most likely never have again.

In short this fact and the fact he.hoes around insulting other managers headbutting players and rated macherano behind red Coker should be enough for anyone to realise were ****ed as long as this blokes our manager.

9. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

so long as we don't sell all our best players and get relegated

10. Pulp

Pulp Well-Known Member

So when should we start rating the youngsters? When we're losing every game and it could break them mentally, or when we're winning and pushing for a top 4 spot and need our best players?

11. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

All I'm saying is that Aarons was one of the best on the pitch. Noe with sissoko and cabella and gouffran ahead will he earn a spot? Not sure yet. He's going to keep getting starts In the preseason though and if he shines against schalke and bigger clubs then I think you have to keep him out there.

12. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

We literally can't rely on Pardews estimate of players and again we had a golden opportunity to find out about them this season will be a massive risk.

Oh and we're selling our best players still and could get relegated so keep the kettle boiling

13. Pulp

Pulp Well-Known Member

Yes, we all know your stance on Pardew, but you've not answered my question. If we can't use the youngsters in Pre-season, when can we use them?

14. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

He did look promising. Knocked of the ball a little easily at times, but kept on trying, worked hard and looked dangerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.