1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Newcastle vs Man Yoo

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by cronemeister, Feb 5, 2018.

1. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Rafa never plays 4-4-2, it’ll be 4-4-1-1 again or 4-2-3-1. We’ve got a couple of better options in our squad now in Kenedy and Slim so we really should be taking advantage of that and trying to take the game to them and win the battles in midfield.

Hopefully he drops Clark in favour of Lejeune as well cos he has been woeful and at fault for a lot of things lately.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  2. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

2,1 home win

3. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

He also reffed our game away to Man u in the 2015/2016 season

Did you know that out of the top 6 teams
    only 3 of their games have been reffed by a rookie ref this season that's 3 games out of 156 games between them

Arsenal 2 games
    Spurs 1 game

where as we have had 6 games out of our 26 games so far reffed by a rookie

a bit inconsistance with the PGMOL and the allocating of refs ... me thinks

and collectively the 4 rookie reffs have only managed 34 games between them

Graham Scott 13 games and we've had him 1 time
    Chris Kavanagh 10 games and we've had him 2 times
    Paul Tierney 10 games and we've had him 2 times
    Simon Hooper 1 game and we had him

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Hefty fullback likes this.
  4. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

I think Jose will get his first ever league win at SJP this weekend.

3-1 to the red rats from Manchester.

5. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Who is this Manchester team that isn't Citeh? They sound new, reckon United will win 2-1.

6. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

If you guys could win would be very handy thanks <ok>

7. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Champion’s League Prediction League Champion
    Forum Moderator

Which hat is that said under?

8. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Reckon this is going to be the start of another run that will see us safe by the end of March.
    Comfortable 3-1 win against United de Manchester, then plucky away win against run of play at Bournemouth, justified draw at Liverpool, lucky home win over Southampton, amazing away win again at Spurs and finishing off with a home win against Huddersfield who are by now in freefall.
    41 points and our PL status retained, leaving 3 months to sort out the sale before transfer window opens again.
    And now it all gets a bit unbelievable. Spack Man comes out at the end of March and admits that he got it wrong. Rafa is the best manager he has ever seen at Newcastle.

anyobrien and Judge Death like this.
  9. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

I can live with this - although the last bit is pushing the bounds of credibility somewhat...

JakartaToon likes this.
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Obviously posted whilst smashed out f your mind. I bet you're feeling really embarrassed now. Of all the stupid predictions to make. You're credibility has just hit an all time low. It was embarrassing when you came out with the ridiculous "excuse" for using "United" in what infamously became known as the "Unitedgate" affair recently but this?

What on earth makes you think Fredor is going to admit he was wrong? Just plain embarrassing.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    JakartaToon likes this.

11. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

What sort of reception can Mourinho expect after practically owning Fat Rafa for his entire career? You boys love the chubby waiter, and you also passionately hate United due to what we did to your last messiah.

It may be hostile but as Sanchez and co find the net I'm sure that will turn to apathy and defeat, before the equestrian punchup festivities begin.

Let's just all hope for a fair game and a good contest.

12. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

There are a few fan girls of Rafa's but I think there is probably an equal amount who feel the jury is still out on him at present. But what ever you do don't let Cap'n Spack/Free-dor hear you mention a love in with Rafa.

Don't think Mourinho will get any kind of reception, the fans have no grudge to bear with him and his constant moaning is a source of entertainment so doubt there will be much there unless something flairs with Rafa on the touchline on Sunday.

We will do what we always do against the big 6 and try to sit tight, soak up pressure and hit on the counter and hopefully upset the Man U players. Best we can hope for would be a sneaky 0-0/1-1.

Hopefully Sanchez breaks both legs in a car accident before the game (the other car being driven by Arsenal fans), Pogba can't play because he needs his newest fashionable haircut sorting out, De Gea stains a wrist ****ing off to the idea of playing for Madrid next year and you have Phil Jones playing CB.

GeordieHalfbreed and JakartaToon like this.
  13. Tel (they/them)

Is Fredor back? @fredor

Comm says hi.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  14. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Mourinho is just an over rated whinging muppet. Was before he joined Man U is whilst he is at Man U and no doubt will be after he leaves Man U. The teams and money he has had over his career and I would be embarrassed if Chippy hadn't won trophies managing the same teams. Comes across as a cheque book manager (Mourinho not Chippy) and would doubt whether he would have had anywhere near the same success without it.

We'll park the bus and go for a sneaky win but could end up with a drubbing and Sanchez having assisted with one of the goals and, therefore, proving to his loving Sky colleagues, sorry pundits, that the fee and the wages are all worth it.

15. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Not really Fredor just Pouchy who is obsessed with all things Fredor and in "Hitchcock" mode dresses up like Fredor whilst he's on his laptop.

16. Tel (they/them)

I don't even like Mourinho, he's a miserable ****. Gutted he signed a new contract.

As for Sanchez the wages are worth it absolutely. He's a £100m player all day long in today's climate and we are not Spurs, we pay our players what they are worth.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  17. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Agree Sanchez is a great player but I just have issues about how much he is being paid and how other Clubs even as high up as the Championship could probably survive and flourish if they were getting the money instead of him.

Mind if someone wants to pay me the same wage I wouldn't turn it down and I would put in 100% effort to merit my place in the team but it epitomises how far football has gone from it's own grass roots and sold it's soul to Sky.

18. Tel (they/them)

We paid the same to Zlatan last season and nobody blinked.

The fact that we managed to offload Mkhitaryan is a bonus, we'd have struggled to get a good price for him on his £180k salary, even though I think he is a great player, just not suited to Jose's way of playing, which is worrying in itself given he signed him.

19. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Actually that surprises me as I didn't realise Zlatan was on that sort of figure. I "knew" he was on a lot but not Sanchez "lot".

Don't know why but I don't think Zlatan's wage was as publicized as much plus wasn't he on a free and you'd expect a free agent to receive more due to the lack of a fee.

Of the two I'd prefer Zlatan as well even just because of the "character" aspect.

20. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently we all love United #unitedgate.