1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle vs Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Eddie Howe has got his players (many of who were written off before he arrived) playing out of their skin.

Ours hasn't.

All fcking season.

There's no excuses for that.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He'll come on now and tell us how we were playing well but "we need to keep the focus, one mistake in the transition and it costs you"

Or some other deluded bollox.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Especially given how ****e the likes of Joelinton and Almiron actually are, then yeah he's done a good job. He's a decent cheerleader.

What ten Hag needs to do quickly is stop ****ing about, stop playing the spoofers, and do similar. Have a first eleven plus three or four favoured subs, and **** the rest.

I wouldn't blink if Rashford, Martial, Varane, Dalot etc. etc, never played another second in a United shirt.

And is everyone still slagging Maguire off by the way? Anyone?

glazerfodder likes this.
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

It’s been a constant feature since Fergie left. Some key expensive players choose when to play and when to stroll around. With LVG, Mourinho and OGS, we’ve had prima Donnas like DiMaria, pogba, sancho, Antony. The list is endless. With Fergie that wasn’t feature that he could entertain.

glazerfodder likes this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Howe has also got his players cheating and time wasting out if their skins btw.

I hope ten Hag doesn't follow that particular suit.

6. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Hands up, I was for Maguire's head a few months ago. I have to admit I was wrong, and also applaud the guy for the balls he has shown to win back the manager's confidence and regain his place in the team.

Treble likes this.
  7. glazerfodder

I want to see ETH in the box during games, I want to see some Fergie fire, a manager daring his players not to give 110%. I hate to think that football has gone ****ing woke......

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We said this 2 months ago. Play your players and then live or die by that. You'd think if did that they'd at least give 100%.

Why the fck is he playing Rashford?? Or Martial? Or Dalot? Or McTominay? Why!

Or is it that his football is just not good enough?

I just don't see what they're doing in training all week, I really don't. It's the same abject bollox every week.

On Wednesday we were excellent, we grafted like rottweilers. Today he puts out that shambles.

It just seems to me there are no standards, no expectations from anyone within the club. None.

glazerfodder likes this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Tbf Antony puts in a shift every game. He's hungry and he's a grafter. He just needs to develop his game.

Which goes back to my other point. What are they doing with these players all week?

And where's the game plan?

10. Christiansmith

Let’s face the truth. A team that can beat those in the bottom but gets dominated by teams in the top half: the only conclusion is we are a mid table team. No ifs no buts no excuses.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I don't know.

I've been saying this all along.

Add Lindelof to it while we're at it. I have no idea why they still get a game.

Obviously, he has to play some players that weren't his own signings as he's not yet signed a full squad, but to keep playing some while his own are on the bench is completely baffling.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Stick to your ****ing guns, play your own team

And yeah, guess what. That includes Mason Mount, not Scott Mc ****ing Tominay.

Treble likes this.
  12. glazerfodder

I suspect this will be another one of those seasons where the fans rant and rave, but we somehow mange to finish 4th and everything is OK. Hopefully JR will come in and sweep all the **** into the bin and start a real process, not an instant miracle cure, but a defined process that we can see definite improvement and progress. Until then it will be torturer as usual........Merry Christmas.

13. Christiansmith

If that happens this season, it will be the equivalent of Moses parting the Red Sea. Miraculous. <1% chance of that happening.

14. glazerfodder

I think that losing 1 - 0 to an inform team away from home isn't in itself a bad thing but it was the manner of the loss, the lack of energy and commitment, especially from the senior players that hurts. The sad truth though, is that we could take 4 of Newcastle's best players, train them at ours for a week and play them in red in our next game and they will be ****e. There is something toxic in the way we turn good players into ****e. JR and his overhaul can't come quick enough.

Treble likes this.
  15. Sauerkraut Inia

Sauerkraut Inia Well-Known Member

do any of you guys feel the having to drive up there by coach could have had any impact on performance ?

I know it shouldn’t come into but I am certain it does - my grassroots teams are crap on 9:00am KOs cause we are rural so driving anywhere takes at least 40mins and we are always slow and lethargic.
    it just seems odd the change in performance level from CL to last night.

I keep seeing a few of you calling for TH to play his players - I keep wondering if he is trying to protect them for when he eventually has a full squad - I can see why the Onana thing is frustrating but I genuinely think he will come good - that said I didn’t mind Karius <yikes>.

Is the faith still with TH ?
    When does JR start to get a say as I think it’s really looking like it’s the upper levels where the problems start ?

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Both good points. The manner of all our losses (except against the gooners and spuds) have all been pathetic. Which is why any long term meaningful progress won't happen until our performances improve, whether we win or lose.

On the second point, you just have to look at Garnacho's lack of tracking back yesterday to see that when players come in they rarely are able to pull the others up, but instead get pulled down themselves into the same bad habits.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Do your grassroots team get paid £100,000's per week and are privileged enough to play for one of the biggest professional football clubs in the world?

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Probably looks at Rashford and thinks "if that fake **** on £350k a week won't track back, why should I"

And he'd have a point.

19. Sauerkraut Inia

Sauerkraut Inia Well-Known Member

Good point
    And I wish lmao

just wondered - I think you guys just getting a patch of bad **** -
    That kind of fluke thing i think can make a difference in a season
    I suppose it can be me looking for excuses

yeah they are paid crazy money but if you have a routine and it’s disturbed sometimes it’s hard to get everything up and going

but I suppose motivation then comes from someone on the touchline which goes back to what a few of you have been calling for

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's not like they had to book a local school bus, going up on a coach shouldn't be that much a hardship.

Was disruptive, yes, but it doesn't excuse last night.

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.