1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next manager - So, who will it be?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NorwayRanger, Nov 4, 2015.

1. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can I just say that as an avid Pearson supporter, he is exactly what you need.

He doesn't endear himself well to supporters of other clubs but he absolutely loved us and we absolutley loved him.

You don't get that from a lot of managers, let me tell you.

QPR999, GoldhawkRoad and NorwayRanger like this.
  2. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Wannock then Laudrup maybe

3. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Pearson must be the best candidate surely. Warnock is a decent bloke but we just do not have the team to replicate what he did before. Don't forget, he failed at Leeds and Palace. Holloway is a great character but not what we need, didn't work for Millwall. Sherwood, no record of success. Dyche, would be good but what would cause him to move from Burnley (aside from more money and presumably living in or near Burnley). All the others are has-beens, failures or have been out of the game too long. I do not know how we can tempt anyone decent to manage us.

NorwayRanger and Shawswood like this.
  4. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

My choice would be Pearson. He would in-still a bit of discipline and togetherness into us. My only concern is whether he would work with a DOF (Les) above him. Having Les may prevent certain Manager's coming to us, his own personal buddies excepted.

Didley Squat likes this.
  5. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I am inclined to agree about Pearson. He did an excellent job at Leicester and I think we could do with his no nonsense approach.

6. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We had Jon Rudkin as DOF, and there were strong rumours that they didn't get along.

7. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

pearson all the way

8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I'd like Colin to have the job permanent, but doubt he will as he''s said many times he''s finished with that, and lives in Cornwall.

Pearson looks by far the best other candidate, but he has bad blood with Hoos from when they were both at Leicester, so unles that is sorted I cant see us considerin him.

9. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

10. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Is Moyes unemployed?
    Stuart Peace would be a good choice.
    Holloway? Why not.
    ...but I would go for Colin for the rest of the season IF he wants the job.

11. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't realise Lee Hoos was at QPR. I thought he was at Burnley so in that case you can pretty much rule him out.

12. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

the thought of Paulo "**** it, i'm going to push that ref over" Di Canio being a strict disciplinarian is hilarious.

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Pearce!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    the blokes a loser at all levels. Crap at forest (manager), loser for England (missed pen in 1990), Loser and crap for England under 21, Crap pundit. He would be a disaster for QPR.

Didley Squat and Jimbo ranger like this.
  14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

He joined us from there in the summer.

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

We should also be realistic about who would come. I keep hearing fans say Sean Dyche? why would he leave Burnley for us? Some need to get real.

WalsallHoop and Hoop-Leif like this.
  16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They had a right old ding dong when he was first here.

Leicester fans hate Hoos.

17. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

18. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Good shout from Kevin Gallen.

Ex-striker calls for Kenny Jackett to get vacant QPR job
    The brother of Wolves assistant boss Joe Gallen has said he would 'love' Kenny Jackett to take over as QPR manager.

please log in to view this image

Kenny Jackett

Chris Ramsey was yesterday sacked as QPR manager after a run of two wins in 10 games left them 13th in the Championship table.

Neil Warnock has been put in temporary charge at Loftus Road for his second spell as QPR boss.

But former Hoops striker Kevin, the older brother of Jackett's assistant Joe Gallen, said the current Wolves head coach would be the ideal candidate for the London club.

"It's a good club, there's always money to spend on players so it's an attractive proposition for any manager, but I'd love to see Kenny Jackett get the job," Kevin Gallen told Sky Sports.

"He's done a great job at Wolves after they got relegated (to League One) a few years back.

"They had players on a lot of money, and he pushed them to the side and brought on the younger players and they got promoted straight away and only just missed out on the play-offs last season."

Former Villa boss Tim Sherwood is the odds-on favourite to be installed as next QPR manager.

Jackett is under pressure to improve results at Molineux but his job is not thought to be under any immediate threat.

Wolves fans were noisily expressed their anger at Jackett's tactics for the 1-0 defeat at Bristol City on Tuesday, chanting "you don't know what you're doing" after Matt Doherty replaced Conor Coady late on.

But Jackett's stock remains high after he led Wolves to the League One title, following that up with what most saw as a successful season last year when Wolves only missed out on the Championship play-offs on goal difference.

Gallen added on Warnock's temporary appointment: "The chairman's probably thought Chris and Les (Ferdinand, director of football) have no experience of getting promotion, and you can't knock Neil's record in that department.

"He's had numerous promotions with different clubs so I think the aim of the board and the chairman is promotion.
    http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...lls-for-kenny-jackett-to-get-vacant-qpr-job/?

19. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

imgres.jpg

NorwayRanger likes this.
  20. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

New manager by the 2OTH according to sky so I reckon that rules NW out whatever he does in next 2 weeks.....