1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next manager - So, who will it be?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NorwayRanger, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Must we have a new manager? Whoever it is will only be **** and **** everything up.

Hoopington and Uber_Hoop like this.
  2. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Well chaps,i can tell you all now,we haven't taken a penny on anyone apart from Sherwood and Pearson.I'm keeping tabs on all our bets taken on this,and will report when anything out of the ordinary occurs!

3. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

Excellent. Insider info. Just to be clear if someone looking like this

7A8DF652-8C9F-4C1A-8254-853AA8D0AAF5.jpg

comes in clutching a dog-eared copy of the 2008 Planning Act and wants to bet a squillion of his company shares on this guy being the next manager.

imgres.jpg

Then you'll let us know right?

Right?

Wink-gif-4.gif

I may be losing faith in this process.

Hoopington and NorwayRanger like this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

That last paragraph sums up our plight, any ambitious manager will look at us over the past four years and consider us a basket-case...

5. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Saw somewhere Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank?????? had taken over as favourite.... so junior is that not the case....just paper talk....and no Hoddle either???

Not sure why I am worrying it will be Tim not nice and dim....and I will be unhappy

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Alan Stubbs of Hibs and Mark Warburton reported to be in the frame. Encouraging if true imo. Comparatively young, ambitious, having demonstrated talent at managerial level.

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

People are mentioning Kenny Jacket.
    I had a quick look on the Wolves forum and most say they would drive him here. Obviously not going to well for him there at present.
    Would really like to see Laudrup. Someone who would make us play the ball on the ground.

8. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Not with us,that's probably Skybet.If someone has a fiver on him on there,he'll immediately go to favourite,it doesn't reflect his chances remotely.I'm afraid at this moment,Sherwood is the clear betting favourite.Hoddle should you so wish,is available at 25/1!

9. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Skybet and Sky Sports News work together - all part of the Sky happy family.

SSN promote some daft story and Skybet instantly provide odds hoping to get a few gormless people to take a punt. The stories always come from "sources" (in other words they are made up) and Skybet pocket ££££s with people betting on stuff that has a 0% chance of ever happening.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  10. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is not a dig at anyone but it was only a couple of short weeks ago that we were saying how deluded the MASSIVE fans were with some of the names they were bounding around as to who would be their next manager....Moyes amongst others springs to mind.......and they ended up with Evans the walking cholesterol advert.......lets keep in mind that we are up to our arm pits in debt and will have to appoint someone who is as cheap as Ramsey.......

Didley Squat and Eamon Holmes like this.

11. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Timing for a permanent appointment is a bit of a quandary, isn't it? Ideally, I'd prefer that the board took its time, rather than rush into something before the end of this month. We've all seen how 'dream appointments' turn out. But, on the other hand, any new manager is going to need some time to assess his new charges and work out how he wants to set the team up, where he want to strengthen and so forth, so that probably says he should be in well before the Christmas fixtures.

All this talk about retaining the senior players changing the expectations for the season also bothers me. Do we take it that, despite who the club may offload during the January transfer window (Austin? Fer? Phillips?) the be all and end all still has to be promotion? I guess the biggest clue we get will be when we see who they appoint.

To be honest, I'd rather Warnock took over for the rest of the season, was given a reasonable war chest for January (although loan signings might make better sense), offloaded the likes of Hoilett and maybe 2-3 of the other 'senior pros' and gave it a pretty good go. The board could then take their time and plan the next appointment according where the team looked likely to finish in May.

Given where Fernandes seems to be with his business interests, perhaps promotion will put him in a better position to cut his losses and sell?

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree i said something similar that some of our fans think that if we want Pep Guardiola he would come. deluded. However Laurdrup is out of work and he could see us as a good stepping stone back into top flight.

13. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would be happy with that at the right price.....

14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Anyone but Sherwood I would say

(I bet you he comes and is a saviour....and I will live my days being hounded by this post)

15. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Special needs, he's right there as we await our dream manager!

NEIL WARNOCK ADMITS QPR IS 'SPECIAL' CLUB
    QPR PlayerHD, Warnock said: “I am going to do my best. This is a club that is special to my heart. When I got a chance to come back and help I was really pleased.

“The situation is that I can steady the ship until the club appoint whoever they decide to. This gives them more time to make sure they get the right one.”

please log in to view this image

Warnock replaces Chris Ramsey, who left his position as Head Coach three days ago, and the man who guided the R’s to promotion in 2011 added: “I’m disappointed for Chris. I spoke with him the other night and he wished me all the best.

“Some people have told me this squad is better than the one we had when we got promoted. Technically it is very good but in the Championship sometimes you need more than that – you need more desire at times and more passion at times.

“I am looking forward to seeing if the lads can come up with that little bit more.

please log in to view this image

FAMILIAR FACE: Warnock chats with Ale Faurlin in training on Friday

“Everybody is going to have to be on their toes and we are going to have to be better than what we’ve been.”

Looking ahead to Saturday’s Championship fixture against Preston at Loftus Road, Warnock added: “I know my team now - I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about it.”

The Lilywhites go into the match unbeaten in their last five fixtures, and Warnock said: “Preston have done very well. They have had five clean sheets (in a row) so it’s going to be a cagey game.

“I wouldn’t imagine there will be many chances but we have got to be ready for that.”

Warnock expects a passionate backing for the team in W12, adding: “I know what I am going to get from the QPR fans – and I want more of it.

“They have always been tremendous with me and are one of the main reasons I wanted to come back and help.”

To see this exclusive interview in full on QPR PlayerHD click here

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/n...championship-2787911.aspx#iLAgx8iEYvxzpXPk.99

Didley Squat and seahoop like this.
  16. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I'd like Laudrup. Not sure our pockets would be deep enough for his wages though.

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Never realised he cost so much. But like Beth says anyone bar Sherwood (and Holloway)

18. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

I'm happy to have Warnock back in the saddle even if is only to the end of the season, but I wanted Malky Mackay after Redknapp as I thought he is young enough and has proved that he can build a team and work on a budget in the Championship and in the Premiership. He knows how to get a side promoted and has even proved he can put together a decent cup run, pretty much everything we yearn for.

We all know that he screwed up and suffered for that, but he comes across as a strong character and has got so much to prove to get back to being a very sought after manager. By the way the price should be right.

19. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Hasselbaink is an interesting option, he took the side Rowett built at Burton up last year and they are in the mix in League One but how much of that was down to Rowett? Certainly this season they are maintaining form so he must be doing something right. Would certainly be a footballing manager and with Fer and Chery he may get the best from two talented players...

20. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Sorry, we've just been there, an untried manager failing. We don't need more of the same. Hasslebank may or may not be the answer but what we need more than anything is stability. Give us someone tried and tested.
    No Dim Sim Tim, no Jummy Hassle ..... Just someone who has proven himself, thank you.
    Footnote - The chances of getting Pearson must be so remote. He is the opposite of everything Ferdinand would want. Pearson is his own man and would not want a DoF. There lies our problem, hence the reason both he an Warnock won't get the gig.
    So we realistically have a choice between Dim Sim Tim and Who Wants The Hassle.
    Drinks please .......