1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nigel Pearson the truth

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

sit down and listen to this -wow Im with you Nige cowboys running the show.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that you will lap up every word, RR:emoticon-0115-inlov:emoticon-0152-heart

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  3. Red Robin

Cityhead2 HRS AGO
    The biggest mistake our club has made in years, getting rid of Pearson. I think he did an amazing job whilst at our club. SL and JL only want "yes men" at the club. The decision to sack Nige was poor, and handled very badly. It’s done a lot of damage to the fan base. In all the years I've been supporting City, that's since my first game in 1964, I've never seen so many fans upset as they were/are with this sacking. All the very best Nige for everything you did at our club, and all the very best with your health.m

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.
  4. Red Robin

CI
    Ciderman1 MIN AGO
    Usually when we rebuild in the second tier, it results in relegation to the third tier. After the mess he inherited, it was a minor miracle Pearson, his staff and Gould performed to keep us at this level, all while developing homegrown talents, having them sold and barely getting a penny to replace them. I will always respect the job he did here and I’ll never forget the lack of class shown by the club in his dismissal. Things move on and it’s time the Lansdowns did as well.

REPLY 0

5. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I maintain my theory that results weren’t great as was Nige’s health.. seems like he left with the full package that was owed..
    I wish him well going forward but I am also glad we now have a coach that will take us to the next level.. it’s a shame that the club couldn’t have worked something that would have kept him on to oversee the workings of the club along side having Liam as first team head coach.. would have made a lot of sense..

Supcon72 likes this.
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I have always believed Steve Lansdown is a man of class, we were an image of the' Irene boys' - Bad decisions of appointments true but the man has brought us through to the 21st century, he has spent the big buck, facilities fabulous, progress not as good, his son is not the most successful legacy and the revenge he dealt to Nige was undeserved, sheer revenge and savage but we may just have found a successful spirit going forward, time will tell.

7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I maintain Nige did well to keep us in the championship whilst resetting the club. Whilst Gould dealt with the financial aspects, Nige had to deliver onfield performances with a small budget, along with an injury crisis which was exacerbated by having to work with too small a squad, this meant he had to resort to using academy players, from memory there were often times we fielded up to 6 or 7 home grown players. That’s of course credit to the academy system, but the academy only gets them to a certain level, getting them ready to play in the championship is great credit to the first team coaching staff, a fact which is often overlooked.

Having put in place a solid base the board decided he wasn’t going to be trusted with the job of taking us to the next level, the truth behind the reason for that decision has yet to come out, and possibly never will. I’m pretty sure there’s something we can all agree on is the B/S reason given was NOT the real reason.

We can pontificate all we like about whether or not he would have been successful, the truth is we’ll never know for sure.

The baton has now been passed to LM. He’s done enough (just about), so far. I’m still not convinced by him. He’s improved since he arrived, but he still has a way to go to get my vote.

As a club we have a really important summer coming, where decisions have to be made in relation to several of our more influential players, those decisions, both by us, and obviously the players, will to a large extent determine how the next few seasons unfold.

We also need to add several quality players to the squad if we want to progress, ideally we need someone who can unlock teams that sit in, a Twine like player, if not Twine himself, we also need a strong, quick CF that can hold the ball up. The problem is those types of players don’t come cheap, and everyone wants them. It’ll be interesting to see what develops and what our squad looks like for next season. Fingers crossed .

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. Supcon72

You mention revenge on Nige, but revenge for what?

9. Red Robin

12 months time we will get to know-city blew the confidencial contract wide open with Junior spouting his rubbish-Nige has held his tongue "class in my opinion" however 12 months time all will be revealed.

My take he told Junior some home truths and he threw a tantrum and Daddy backed him and removed Nige.

Angelicnumber16 and AshtonRed like this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Back in Pearsons early days with us Junior was sarcastically critical of Pearson, Pearson told him straight to do one and leave the playing affairs of the club to him and he should sort out the administration side of the club which had consisted of overspend and madness, Junior strongly resented this and obviosly waited for his opportunity to move Nige on, my opinion of course
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-jon-lansdown-bristol-6678947

11. AshtonRed

Bang on, from that point on his contract was never going to be renewed.

12. AshtonRed

He left with the full package he was owed because that was in his contract, as for the reason he left, imo Wiz hit the nail on the head, his health, results or lack of fitness were a smokescreen, NP put junior in his place and junior didn’t like it.

13. Supcon72

Ok, I wasn't aware of that.

14. Supcon72

Then Nige isn't very smart, is he? Anyone who does that to their CEO in any job would get the same result, except they wouldn't get their contract paid out.

15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It only lasts about 10 seconds and doesn’t make sense

16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

When the confidentiality clause ends in 12 months we'll have it confirmed........that he was sacked by an idiot.
    Nevertheless we are where we are and my glass is half full. Think JL will release more sums than usual this summer hoping/praying LM will pull him and Tinnion out of a hole.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  17. Supcon72

Who have you been talking too....<laugh><laugh>

18. AshtonRed

It’s on OTIB as well, the full pod, it’s a good listen

19. AshtonRed

Let’s be honest, he’s the CEO not through ability, that’s tinpot.

20. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

For my sins I listened to it all!!!