1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No heart and no brains.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Hopeless in front of goal, rudderless at the back, clueless in the middle. Apart from that we were OK.
    There is no stomach for a fight in our team. That's all we needed to win this one comfortably.
    Instead, we kept trying to walk the ball in, after an eternity of sidewards and backwards passing. And we kept doing it all second half. Where was the running ? Where was the guile, the guts, the flair ? In a nutshell, with 3 people, Palmer, Mudryk and Gusto. The rest were not interested.
    I don't care if we lose 5-0, just as long as we give it a go, and put in the effort. But we don't.
    Enzo is hugely disappointing, he works a lot but creates so little, oh for a Maddison or Luka Modric with a walking frame. Both our centre backs are raw but have promise, just not together, Todd Boehly and Eghbali would be no worse at defending set pieces after all the flak they've had to fend off, and either could have scored the header Sterling missed.
    As for Pochettino, he gets zip out of these players, and on his performances , he'd struggle to manage catching the bus home, let alone manage a football team.

Diego likes this.
  2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I concur.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

We could do worse than sign Christian Erikson on a free. Class , experience, does what no one else at Chelsea can do, create from midfield.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I can think of 20 or more players some of them in the championship that are better at creating than what we have. Having said that 33 shots is the most we have had for a long while so I think we need to fix the scoring problem first. Solanke Bamford Lukaku Batsuayi any of them would improve our scoring record for the past two seasons, it's not as though this is a recently arrived problem.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am just tired of making the same complaints every other week.
    I just cant this time.....

6. Chelsea Pensioner

I can think of one who can score and create and is already at Chelsea, Cesare Casadie. Poch won't play him.

7. Robo

Robo Member

I agree with you, mate. Our team needs character, experience, and leadership. We should've won this game comfortably. Instead, we got a silly draw. Before the game, I thought that this was an excellent chance to get higher on the table. Even the people from https://sportscore.io reported that Chelsea would win. But that wasn't the case. I hope the owners will have trust and faith in Pochetiino. Because I can see that, with time, Chelsea can become great again. Make Chelsea great again!!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024