1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich city versus Bristol City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Apr 18, 2024.

?

Who shall win ?

1. Norwich

87.5%
  2. Bristol C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reading

12.5%
  1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Both Hull and Coventry will now have a maximum of 75 points if they win the rest of their games. They play each other on Wednesday so that total will come down for one or both. A draw would bring both down to a potential maximum of 73 points. If that happens, a win against Swansea would put us into the playoffs. Hull host Ipswich on Saturday and Coventry travel to Blackburn.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  2. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the problem is she is a woman, and "men" hate women in a "mens" game. No matter if they're good or not.

3. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I thought so too in real time but I screenshot it and looks like Sainz was level with the ball…just

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Or perhaps ex "men" players like Holt Goss Anselin Forbes etc are more entertaining & informative .

To not enjoy her commentary is sexist ?

How very pathetic of you & I'm sure you know all the Norwich "women's " team starting 11 & pay to watch them play , what position are they in the league?
    "Women" are just as good as "men" it's basically the exact same standard .

If not you are a sexist pig no other reason you bigot.
    <doh>

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  5. woodbine

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be an all male commentary next week.

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

So do you actually support the women's team & go to watch them ?

The attendances are very low , you must hate "women" by your own retarded logic if you don't.

7. woodbine

I don't even go to the mens games. I'd watch it on TV if that was an option, as I do with other women's football. But what you're saying makes no sense, lol.

So what was it about her commentary you disliked? What information did she get wrong?

8. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Calm down guys.
    It's only a game

zogean_king likes this.
  9. DUNCAN DONUTS

The Radio Norfolk commentary that goes with the live stream is sold for £10 a game .

It's a product & I prefer listening to former players like Mark Rivers who have experienced the play offs & I personally find it entertaining.

To accuse others of hating women because they find a particular woman commentator irritating is really pathetic.

I personally don't watch women's football, I saw a few England games & wasn't particular impressed.

The woman's game is subsidised by the men's game because as a product they don't make money on the gate receipts & not many people would pay to watch it on TV.

If there were more morally superior virtuous people like you the women may make as much money as the male players & they would play in sell out stadiums .

Unfortunately professional sport is very competitive & the players that succeed are selected on merit not just to tick a box on a diversity quota like commentators.

1950canary likes this.
  10. woodbine

The Arsenal women's do have good attendance at their games, and the Bacalona Womens team get about 72,000 to be fair. But hopefully it will once again be popular as it once was before, before the men banned them from playing the game.

But I can respect you preferring to listen to ex Norwich players, that does make sense.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I listen to all the commentators on merit, Flo is the most insightful female I have heard commentate on football. She was far better than say the Sunderland commentators that could have made a 4-4 scorefest sound boring, they were both dull and the comments were not insightful. I forget her name, but there is a woman who commentates on the Australian Cricket on the TV who is so bad I mute it haha. What makes it worse is she is apparently English, but is so cheering Australia it is nauseating

RiverEndRick likes this.
  12. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I know they keep changing the rules, but I wander why people are saying the goal was offside. What counts is the initial through ball to Sargent where they both beat the offside trap and then the defender doesn't get a foot on it, so they were both onside for Sargent to square it. Am I reading it wrong, have the rules changed?

13. RiverEndRick

That's the way I saw it.

14. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

Watching the highlights, at the end Stacey shoots over the bar and the commentator says there are 17 minutes left, and the clip ended. I did not see the match but surely something of note happened in that time with both sides wanting to win. That last save by Gunn was exceptional.

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

Rob Butler does an excellent job of painting a picture of the action as well as having an excellent knowledge of the players & has been doing the job for decades.
    His guests are there to bring first hand experience of playing for the team & can bring insight into what it was like for them.

If the guest host was Dave from the pub I wouldn't appreciate him telling me what he would have done with a 35 yard free kick either .

I have never heard of Flo Allen but a quick Google tells me she's a 24 year old retired soccer player that used to play in defence for Bristol city & now Norwich city womens general manager.
    Never kicking a ball in a Norwich shirt.
    Perhaps her Bristol link was why she was chosen .

I think I would have preferred Brian Gunn Eadie or even Crouch or Huckerby if i was paying £10 to listen in.

The problem with the women's game isn't me the accused sexist woman hater or men in general.

The problem is girls who would rather watch Tik Tok than play sports & women for not paying to watch football.
    At Carrow Road a family club , I would estimate 90% are men or boys in attendance.

Even at women's games it's mainly men that turn up to watch they get about 35 thousand attendances which is brilliant but still just over half of the 60K capacity at Arsenal.
    Arsenal is ridiculously expensive & difficult to get tickets for so they get people turn up to the women's game & the Academy games , to sit in the Emirates & a relatively cheap night out.

Most of those being men .

I have 2 daughters that enjoy playing football my eldest used to actually train at the Arsenal Hub a community centre with great facilities next to the Emirates stadium & trained by Arsenal youth coaches.
    She used to represent Highbury fields girl school & captained the team .

Do you think I hate her & tell her to stop wasting her time ?

There's a culture of virtuous hypocrites that would never bother personally investing time & effort in women's sport by supporting it , but quick to chastise other bigoted sexist men that don't either .

Flo was shoehorned into the guest host spot as a box ticking exercise because women need more representation .

Dion Dublin is always great he's been & done everything as well as starting with us as an academy player & ending his career with us as a centre back .

How can 24 year old Flo who played briefly for Bristol city compete with that enormous knowledge?

Even Delia would be a great co commentator as she clearly knows a lot about her beloved club that she's been around for decades & she's a woman too .

There's an argument that Butler could train a woman to become a football commentator I don't think that any playing experience is necessary to describe the action , but his ex pro co host has always been someone directly involved in the men's first team & often Canary legends that won promotion with the club .

I watched BBC FA Cup coverage yesterday & I can't even stand Gary Lineker Richards or Shearer & haven't watched Match of the day in years .

They can replace the entire Match of the day team with Indian women for all I care , but the majority male audience will probably stop watching the show as diversity is rammed down their throats.

CanaryChris likes this.
  16. RiverEndRick

As rants go, that's one of the longest Dunc! <laugh>

ncgandy, Canary Rob and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  17. DUNCAN DONUTS

When the dodgy illegal stream switches to the local radio broadcast from other regions , you do notice how good Butler is compared to some other morons who are clearly very biased & as you say extremely boring .
    I think you are still allowed to critise them though because they are blokes.

I wish I could give you an example of a brilliant female commentator that I enjoy listening to but none spring to mind

18. woodbine

Someone is still going on about it, seem I hit a nerve.

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

Your only contribution to the discussion was this snide unprovoked ****y attack accusing me of hating women.

"Yeah, but the problem is she is a woman, and "men" hate women in a "mens" game. No matter if they're good or not"

I seem to remember you holding some sort of animosity towards me a while back.

You've just a self righteous moron I won't bother interacting with you in future.

20. woodbine

I did have you on my ignore list, but then you started doing the matchday threads, and I couldn't see them.

You've had a lot of run ins with a lot of posters in the past who have left now, so maybe the problem is you.