1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Aug 17, 2019.

?

Who shall win?

1. Norwich

55.0%
  2. Draw

20.0%
  3. Chelsea

5.0%
  4. Reading

20.0%
  1. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I just watched the highlights on youtube. Loved Godfrey's run, reminded me a bit of Paul Ince charging through Argentina in 1998.

Once or twice when Chelski had attacks they came after Norwich had ventured forward and the players were slower in getting back. This might be because it was hot, but Farke needs to learn to use subs to keep the energy levels up and implore the fullbacks or midfielders to bust a gut back into position.

Anyway that was Chelski, hopefully some of our CB will be fit for the cup and play some time for match fitness and so be ready for a 1-0 smash and grab V West Ham

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

This Farke's Norwich, the Smash should be at least 3!

Bah!

3. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

This is the other thing that makes me positive (and also opposed to wholesale changes) - we lost 2-3 to a club with huge financial backing dwarfing our own even with a transfer ban, that club getting all the attention and praise, yet we know that quite a few of our players were uncharacteristically out of sorts.

In the past we would simply have been comprehensively outplayed even at our best and have had to hold hands up and say we lost to the better team.

On Saturday I think the result was right, but not because we lost to a better team but rather because we lost to a team who just played better on the day.

4. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

I gave up on MOTD years ago, if I don't see the game I just watch the highlight elsewhere.

JM Fan and ncgandy like this.