1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not a single thing has changed since pre season.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Soon as I saw the line up I knew we were in big trouble. To play Disasi and Badeshielle together is like playing Laurel and Hardy. They have been utterly hopeless all season as a pair. One or the other but NEVER as a pair. And so it proved. On the bench Chalobah and Silva, who had played 2 fine games, so the Genius dropped them. Silva has been rocky himself but is still better than Badesheille . So, Defence is very sub par before kickoff. Gusto and Chilwell both injured so Alfie and Cuckoo get the nod, not a lot of choice.
    Midfield, Enzo, Caseido and Gallagher have been misfiring all year because they just don't work as a trio. When Enzo was out and Gallagher and Caseido played deep, we looked heaps better and more balanced. So the Genius changes back to what hasn't worked all year, and it doesn't work again. Chukwemenke should have been 3rd mid.. Enzo was useless, must have given the ball away 80% of times he passed it. He is possibly our worst buy, and just can't cut it in the PL. To think we could have and should have bought Rice, who simply shredded our midfield, makes you weep.He is everything we needed as a midfielder but don't have.Then there was Jackson. Yeaswe have little options, but he found perhaps the most bizarre way to miss yet another sitter with a "hand header". Don't think it will catch on, but it was our highlight in our worst ever performance by our worst ever Team and worst Managed Team.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Like I keep saying every week, I am just too tired to keep providing the same analysis every time we play.
    But yeah, bad team selection, no Palmer, Jackson being wasteful as ever.......
    Enzo.....he really just needs to **** off. Lets see if Arsenal want him for £65m

Bristol Blue likes this.
  3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

……but something has changed since pre season - bloody pop up ads on the official site. Plus, £240 for a Chelsea v Spuds ticket for members in the West Stand Upper - all sections still available at time of writing. £240!!!!!!!! <laugh>

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Are you sure the Club isn't paying members 240 quid to go and watch ????